Christina Aguilera next Lotus Single?

87Ben87Ben Posts: 173
Forum Member
Hi all

Does anyone know what single Christina is going to release of her album Lotus it seems ages a go since Your Body was released. I know she is relasing Just A Fool but I doubt she'll release it over here.

Comments

• glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    If they had any sense they would release Army of Me. Although I don't think it really matters what they release, it won't be a hit :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was a rumor "let there be love" is the international single not too sure how true that is tho i don`t think a second song has been officially confirmed yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    'Just a Fool' has been released in the US and 'Let There Be Love' has been playlisted in some Australian radio stations. Currently no promo and no videos being shot though, so you never know.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make the World Move
    Circles
    Shut Up

Those would be my choices. Circles and Shut Up probably wouldn't translate very well though. Make the World Move is a hit waiting to happen!

...Boom, boom, b-boom, boom...
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let there be love should be the third single, it's so catchy and should of been their 1st instead of Your Body.
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by how unsuccessful it was, and how crap Xtina is at promoting her music, nothing.
  • MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Circles, Let There Be Love or Army Of Me! Nothing's gonna save the mess of a campaign though sadly!
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine she's too busy to decide. Those cakes won't eat themselves!
  • Super Roux!Super Roux! Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like for Ceasefire, Around The World or to a lesser extent, Army of Me to be released as singles. I think they could be reasonably successful, but then without any promotion, they'd seriously struggle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    I'd imagine she's too busy to decide. Those cakes won't eat themselves!

Did you make that one up all by yourself?! Clever.
    Forum Member
    Army of Me or Blank Page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pompeygeek wrote: »
    Did you make that one up all by yourself?! Clever.

It wasn't actually meant to be about her weight. But the fact is she's lazy. Has she been seen anywhere since the Voice ended?
    Forum Member
    It wasn't actually meant to be about her weight. But the fact is she's lazy. Has she been seen anywhere since the Voice ended?

It came across as a fat joke. But her promo could indeed be fiercer, I'll agree with you there. She did perform Blank Page at The People's Choice Awards though; check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSQfUApHvGE&feature=player_embedded
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It came across as a fat joke. But her promo could indeed fiercer, I'll agree with you there. She did perform Blank Page at The People's Choice Awards though; Check it out.

Yes it did - I didnt intend it to be though. I just think she appears like she isnt bothered about commercial success, which is fine in itself. BUT this album is such an obvious attempt to make commercial music that I find the lack of promotion confusing.
    Forum Member
    Yes it did - I didnt intend it to be though. I just think she appears like she isnt bothered about commercial success, which is fine in itself. BUT this album is such an obvious attempt to make commercial music that I find the lack of promotion confusing.

This era has been screwed up royally. She needs to get her face out there and promote the album. She spent most of her interviews talking about The Voice, which I don't think was her fault necessarily, and now she needs sole focus on the album. Perform songs at bus stops if she has to! ;-)
  • 87Ben87Ben Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Let Me Be Love would be a good choice or Blank Page. I do like Army Of Me too as well as Make The World Move so if it was one of those I'd be happy.
    Forum Member
    This era has been screwed up royally. She needs to get her face out there and promote the album. She spent most of her interviews talking about The Voice, which I don't think was her fault necessarily, and now she needs sole focus on the album. Perform songs at bus stops if she has to! ;-)
    Unfortunately promo doesn't matter at all. It's all about radio. For some reason, mostly because she refuses to pay the radio stations to play her music, she's been blacklisted since the release of 'Candyman'. They didn't even play 'KGB' and that was a huge digital hit. I couldn't care less about TV appearances, she needs to do radio interviews and find a way to reconnect with them. Her label has actually handled 'JAF' surprisingly well so far, so waiting is all we can do. But promo wouldn't help her at all right now. If 'JAF' becomes a hit, the album will be selling effortlessly.
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Unfortunately promo doesn't matter at all. It's all about radio. For some reason, mostly because she refuses to pay the radio stations to play her music, she's been blacklisted since the release of 'Candyman'. They didn't even play 'KGB' and that was a huge digital hit. I couldn't care less about TV appearances, she needs to do radio interviews and find a way to reconnect with them. Her label has actually handled 'JAF' surprisingly well so far, so waiting is all we can do. But promo wouldn't help her at all right now. If 'JAF' becomes a hit, the album will be selling effortlessly.

Yes! Definitely needs to do this. But will it ever happen?! :-(
  • 87Ben87Ben Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I do get the feeling that she is not bothered by the charts because if there was a problem the artist would do some sort of promo so she doesn't care.

I could be wrong but that's the impression I get.
    Forum Member
    Yes! Definitely needs to do this. But will it ever happen?! :-(
    It already has in a way. Her label has arranged a deal with CBS radio (major!) so that Christina can be the artist of the day 4 times this month, which guarantees extra plays for 'JAF'. The radio station also organized a contest for their listeners to win a gift card and go shopping with Christina at the end of the month. This is the best promo she's ever done since 'Stripped' tbh. CBS radio hadn't even added 'JAF' before she accepted to collaborate with them, but now they're playlisting it.

Anyway, I just wish she had performed 'JAF' at the People's Choice Awards. The song would have blown up and we wouldn't have to deal with small increases every day. But at least it's already more successful than 'You Lost Me' :p
    Forum Member
    It already has in a way. Her label has arranged a deal with CBS radio (major!) so that Christina can be the artist of the day 4 times this month, which guarantees extra plays for 'JAF'. The radio station also organized a contest for their listeners to win a gift card and go shopping with Christina at the end of the month. This is the best promo she's ever done since 'Stripped' tbh. CBS radio hadn't even added 'JAF' before she accepted to collaborate with them, but now they're playlisting it.

Anyway, I just wish she had performed 'JAF' at the People's Choice Awards. The song would have blown up and we wouldn't have to deal with small increases every day. But at least it's already more successful than 'You Lost Me' :p

True that. I always think that Birds of Prey should have been released instead of YLM. We'd never really heard anything like it in mainstream pop music, and it is a shame that very few got to hear it because of the album's low sales. I maintain it is the best pop album of the last few years.
    Forum Member
    87Ben wrote: »
    I do get the feeling that she is not bothered by the charts because if there was a problem the artist would do some sort of promo so she doesn't care.

I could be wrong but that's the impression I get.

I think you're right. Chart success is not her main goal, and I don't think it ever has been. If she wanted to be #1 she would've followed the same path as Britney etc, as that would have been the easy route to success. But she is still a pop star with a strong fanbase and she does need to give them more. People stan so hard for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I'd like it to be Red Hot Kinda Love but I don't think any would set the charts alight or push the albums sales much, seems like people just aren't interested on her music anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

altho i`m a fan of her but imo this song is when it kinda started going wrong for her (i think) the electro pop thing didn`t really work out well for her :/ i get that others might like the song i thought it was awful easily one of her worse :/
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she leave The Voice for the season so she could promote...?

Where is she? I don't understand why labels or artists just seem to give up so easily. Singles are supposed to promote an album... release more and sales will go up! PROMOTE!

Lotus is currently the CD playing in my car on the way to work every morning. It had potential, it was just let down by poor promotion and a seemingly bad attitude from Xtina.