Jude Law - a bit up himself?

FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know it's the daily wail, but apparently Jude Law is suing a company which used his image without permission.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2293705/Jude-Law-sues-fireplace-company-using-face-advert-permission.html

According to website TMZ, which obtained the court documents, Law describes himself as 'one of the most recognized, highly regarded, critically acclaimed, and commercially valuable motion picture actors in the world.'

Really? Really? I suppose 'one of' gives a fair amount of leeway, but...:confused: I thought he was a fairly poor actor who got lucky. He certainly doesn't seem to have any self esteem issues!

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it more likely that it was Jude Law's legal people that put forward that description rather than the actor himself??
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Are you Chris Rock, OP? :D
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine that was written by his legal team. I'm not sure suing someone for using your image without your permission is really being "up yourself", but this is DS after all...
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry... I didn't mean that suing them made him up himself, more that the description was something of an exaggeration of his status! Sure it would have been his legal folks who wrote it but he obviously did agree the wording, which I just thought was a bit arrogant. You don't. Fair enough
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    Sorry... I didn't mean that suing them made him up himself, more that the description was something of an exaggeration of his status! Sure it would have been his legal folks who wrote it but he obviously did agree the wording, which I just thought was a bit arrogant. You don't. Fair enough

It is a rather OTT description of him :D (that's a description of Daniel Day Lewis) but he may have been advised to go down this route because of the potential damages in terms of what misuse of his image is worth.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's the next James Bond :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't you be if you looked like that?
  • QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't read the article, but I met Jude Law once (got his autograph, but that's for another thread) at a Derren Brown show (got his autograph too, lol). I didn't really want to approach him, what with him being there to meet a few friends and just hang out, but my step-daughter LOVES him, so I did. He was really nice, even when I put my foot in it and said I wasn't a fan, I just about knew who he was (oops!). He even took the time out to pose for a photograph with my step-daughter and gave her a kiss on the cheek (she's in her 20's), so I wouldn't say he was up himself. :)
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »
    I know it's the daily wail, but apparently Jude Law is suing a company which used his image without permission.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2293705/Jude-Law-sues-fireplace-company-using-face-advert-permission.html

Really? Really? I suppose 'one of' gives a fair amount of leeway, but...:confused:I thought he was a fairly poor actor who got lucky. He certainly doesn't seem to have any self esteem issues!

He may have got lucky, but the real talent is sustaining a career after you get that lucky start, and he's managed to do that.