Arcos carbon 97 9.7" android 4.0 16gb/1gb

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have always vowed never to have another archos product, but QVC have this model, with a keyboard, for what appears to be a good deal, under £148. Does anyone have this model and, if so, any feedback? Should I stick with my initial instincts, and steer clear of this brand? I wouldn't mind paying a premium for one, if I was going to be using it quite a lot. I basically want something which will start up fast, has a long battery life, and to go on facebook and check my emails throughout the day. It will not be used for gaming at all. Thanks. Other opinions will be appreciated, as archos doesn't seem to get good reviews.

Comments

• ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I have always vowed never to have another archos product, but QVC have this model, with a keyboard, for what appears to be a good deal, under £148. Does anyone have this model and, if so, any feedback? Should I stick with my initial instincts, and steer clear of this brand? I wouldn't mind paying a premium for one, if I was going to be using it quite a lot. I basically want something which will start up fast, has a long battery life, and to go on facebook and check my emails throughout the day. It will not be used for gaming at all. Thanks. Other opinions will be appreciated, as archos doesn't seem to get good reviews.
    Before you decide,ask QVC how long their warranty is; they used to transfer the warranty to Archos after a few months, and they are a nightmare to deal with.
    My two grandsons have the Arches 80 Cobalt from Tesco, and when one died after 5 weeks,replaced without question by Tesco.
    If you don't mind a slightly smaller screen just get the Nexus 7