[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    Lisa can see when something is ridiculous, like the OTT birthday parties for Taylor's daughter .
    Maybe Russell was trying to get the message out to people that Taylor is emotionally unstable because she never eats.

I didnt see every ep of series one and the ones i did see i didnt always know who was who. Now its my fav of the franchise id like to see it again. I didnt see taylors daughters party.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with Vancouver, Oh and I have to say to happydisaster I LOVED your review! It was fab :D

It was a fairly sober (forgive the pun) start to season 2. Ronnie isnt drinking, Jody, saint that she is, wont drink around Ronnie in some faux show of "unity" and newbie housewife Amanda is actually a recovering alcoholic. Newbie Housewife no 2 Robin doesnt really get the whole alcoholic thing, and as she points out to Amanda she cant be doing with tragic sob stories, just stop drinking. I can see fireworks between these 2 further down the line!

This ep was very much about introducing the new ladies to the remaining housewives from last season. They seem ok so far, cant really say what my thoughts are on them after just the 1 ep, but I do have to wonder, Ioulia, the Russian girl who claims to be 26?! Im sorry, but that girl looks much older than 26, she has a fabulous closet though, and I loved her speeding away in her car after her meeting with Mary lol

So no more Reiko or Christina, which is a shame as I liked them last season, but Jody and her hideous dress sense are still present and correct, watching over proceedings like the wicked Bitch of Vancouver that she is. Seriously does that woman own anything that isnt fur, or made of taffeta?! She seriously needs a stylist. Also back is her odious daughter Mia, complete with new nose. The nose is fine, but really, a lobotomy wouldnt save that girl. Shes awful and I can only hope she isnt around much this season- though I doubt it. Shes as big a famewhore as her mother.

The action really centres around Ronnie and a BBQ she is having to celebrate her daughter Remy, and the doctors and nurses who saved her life. I have to say, I got quite emotional when Remy gave her little speech at the end :cry:, shes a sweetheart and Im so pleased shes doing better. I have to echo Marys sentiments, wouldnt it be nice if that lovely little girl could be a lesson to them all and teach them to be nicer people? It wont happen, but its a nice thought.

Ronnie and Jody are working on their friendship so I cant see that leading to anything but trouble for Mary. I like Mary, but from the previwes it looks like Jody and Ronnie are still going to be out to get her. She needs to get a clue and get rid of Ronnie, but No, instead they sign a "friendship contract" ( did anyone else have Atlanta flashbacks with that scene, when Cynthia had Nene do the same thing :p ) and promise to have each others backs. Poor Mary, she needs to watch her back as Ronnie and Jody will have a knife in it before long.

So glad to have Vancouver back, looking forward to the rest of the season, from the preview it looks to be filled with drama, and I cant wait to see it unfold! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Hey SassyGirl

I'm glad ur with me on Vancouver ~ it's surely the best franchise so far. Hilarous that Canadians are up in arms about this show, wanting it cancelled for depicting their country in a bad light. Well hey that's what reality TV is for at least it's not downtown Hastings & Main, Wastings & Pain and have they never watched Intervention Canada?

Yep a sore lack of alcohol in the first show but I have a feeling alcohol is going to feature large in the forthcoming season. In fact, if I were camera crew I'd be getting extra insurance for my life, health, and equipment. If I were Director I'd be leaving bottles of vodka and champagne lying around.

What the hell was Jhodie wearing? Some Georgian royal family outfit crossed with half a bridesmaid dress? Powdered wig anyone? She has remarkable similarity to RHONY Sonja with her fancy dress party girl attitude, vague motherhood status, vaguer financial status, and even more vague marital status. I half keep expecting her to pop a toaster oven out of her bag at any given moment!
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vancouver is priceless..... prob the best of all the HoWives.

I'm just watching the opening show of Season 2 YAY!!

Season 1 benefits from the hopelessly repulsive narcissist Jhodie and her devil spawn daughter. The fake, sorry 'converted' Jewish pair who spout yiddish but ought to be excluded from any religion other than Capitalism. Second hand handbag huckster who doesn't know her vintage from 'used' from 'brand new' from 'approved Hermes retailer'. ho hum. As much as they should be banned from all religions plus ever gaining publicity via any medium, they're reality TV gold!

Then the seemingly inoffensive Mary the Singer who gets bashed by everyone for no particular reason. Mainly by Jhodie. What is it with her? I mean she seems quite normal and has a decent life but time after time the women focus on her with some bizarre hatred as if she's got some quality that repulses them. Oh wait.... she's normal and talented...

Ronnie the Lush clings to Mary like a limpet then makes all manner of unfounded accusations about her with a level of rage that should usually be reserved for a lover's betrayal. I wondered throughout season 1 if they in fact were lovers? Who knows.... But Ronnie commits the ultimate betrayal by friending the simply impossible to like Jhodie seemingly just to spite Mary.

All makes good watching. Who is Ronnie and how does she have that OUT OF THIS WORLD HOME???

Reiko Action Barbie is just a person who looks fabulous and lives fabulous. Christina, bland, dunno who she is. Anyone else is forgotten......

I think Vancouver is easily the best / worst display of wealthy biatches on TV :D

It's definitely my new favourite. Poor, poor Mary Jodi and Ronnie are both vile, vile women and as for Jodi's daughter Mia...... What a horrid little witch she is. The apple didn't fall far from that tree. I am already on episode 8 and can't wait to see the reunion and get started on Season 2.
    Forum Member
    RHOBH Small Points of Interest About Kim's nosejob:

Kim, recently (clean and) sober, somewhat at a loose end, off the cuff decides to have a nose job for no particular reason. Logic fail # 1. She decides against long term trusted friend Paul to do 'the job' in case he screws it up and she'll be angry with him forever. Not that she has any doubts about Paul's skills whatsoever. Logic fail # 2. On the basis of nothing but apparent boredom, she decides to go ahead with the surgery on the same weekend the girls go to Vegas. For sure she has been invited to Vegas but cannot go because she has a nose job scheduled that weekend as she had nothing else to do. Logic fail # 3. One hour before surgery and AFTER her pre-op meds, Kim rings Kyle to discuss a 'personal matter' - Kyle explains she is in company so Kim decides to drop her nose-job bombshell privately in public on camera. Logic fail # 4.

Cut to Kim on a gurney pre-surgery. The surgeon meets with her to ask if she has any questions. Kim asks after his personal health, enquires if he had a 'beautiful weekend', and other bizarre and irrelevant to the pertinent situation queries. Logic fail # 5. After the surgeon leaves the room, she then asks the camera-person intense searching questions about the surgical procedure, what are the chances she will come around during the operation and what if the operation fails? Logic fail # 6. Needless to say, the camera does not answer her.

AT THIS POINT I WOULD QUERY THE MENTAL CAPACITY OF THE PATIENT.

Jus saying.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so as everyone -who reads my posts- knows I am watching at my own pace.

I have got to Season 3 Ep 1.

The season 2 reunion (without ruining it for ITV2) was just...

...odd to say the least. It was disgusting how at first (esp. part 1) they went at Lisa for no reason as she was clearly hurt by all the jibes. Thank god for Brandi that's all I will say.

Adrienne throughout the whole thing was just strange. One minute they were all team Adrienne and next it was like, who is she? Even Andy ignored her and one of her jokes were completely passed upon and it was uncomfortable. After her practically disowning Taylor's child Kennedy on national TV I lost a lot of respect for her (lost & leaked footage on youtube) It was horrible to watch. Especially knowing the little girl will see that when she's older. Adrienne was a riot in the reunion and lost footage (finally Tally we agree a little on something lol! -All Love here- )

The first ep of season 3.

Yolande looks promising but from the comments will be disappointing until later on. Less Camille is disappointing as I feel the originals plus Brandi worked well. Kim looks great and I hope to god she keeps up the sobriety and I hope the show don't drop her for season 4 as I feel this keeps her occupied away from and alcohol and I love to watch her! Also I always wonder what Kyle would do if she was dropped? Would she fight for her? Leave herself? or not be bothered?

Also on a side note in the lost footage Kim said she is closer to Kathy & her husband Rick (Richard Hilton), can anyone shed any light on this relationship?

It was also evident in ep1 of season3 Kim is more comfortable around Kathy and I'm glad she has her there as there seems to be a natural bond and love between them. Also Kathy didn't seem to overjoyed about Kyle showing up, neither did Kim or her daughter.
  • JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so as everyone -who reads my posts- knows I am watching at my own pace.

I have got to Season 3 Ep 1.

The season 2 reunion (without ruining it for ITV2) was just...

...odd to say the least. It was disgusting how at first (esp. part 1) they went at Lisa for no reason as she was clearly hurt by all the jibes. Thank god for Brandi that's all I will say.

Adrienne throughout the whole thing was just strange. One minute they were all team Adrienne and next it was like, who is she? Even Andy ignored her and one of her jokes were completely passed upon and it was uncomfortable. After her practically disowning Taylor's child Kennedy on national TV I lost a lot of respect for her (lost & leaked footage on youtube) It was horrible to watch. Especially knowing the little girl will see that when she's older. Adrienne was a riot in the reunion and lost footage (finally Tally we agree a little on something lol! -All Love here- )

The first ep of season 3.

Yolande looks promising but from the comments will be disappointing until later on. Less Camille is disappointing as I feel the originals plus Brandi worked well. Kim looks great and I hope to god she keeps up the sobriety and I hope the show don't drop her for season 4 as I feel this keeps her occupied away from and alcohol and I love to watch her! Also I always wonder what Kyle would do if she was dropped? Would she fight for her? Leave herself? or not be bothered?

Also on a side note in the lost footage Kim said she is closer to Kathy & her husband Rick (Richard Hilton), can anyone shed any light on this relationship?

It was also evident in ep1 of season3 Kim is more comfortable around Kathy and I'm glad she has her there as there seems to be a natural bond and love between them. Also Kathy didn't seem to overjoyed about Kyle showing up, neither did Kim or her daughter.

Kathy Hilton is Kim & Kyles sister, Paris Hilton is the neice.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    Kathy Hilton is Kim & Kyles sister, Paris Hilton is the neice.

Thanks for they reply. But yes I know that but I mean after that? To me they didn't seem all that close with the Hilton's missing Kyle's daughters graduation but may be it's Kyle they don't like as much. Although even beyond that there's been limited mention of Rick on the show..although that may be at his will.
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Marvellous, thanks for that.:eek:
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    ... Kim rings Kyle to discuss a 'personal matter' - Kyle explains she is in company so Kim decides to drop her nose-job bombshell privately in public on camera...

I had to question her for calling it a ''personal matter'' when the show's crew were filming the entire thing - from the meetings with the doctor to even her lying on the bed completely drugged out of her mind from the pain relief after the surgery!

Not only that, I had to question Kyle during that phone call. Your sister tells you she has to tell you something of a ''personal matter'' and you continue to hold your phone up in loudspeaker for the entire car full of people (including camera crew) to hear every word! :rolleyes: Either that's a dead giveaway that Kyle was fully aware of what was happening or she really is that thoughtless!
    Forum Member

Great compilation, the psycho music hilarious.

I love that Taylor erm Shana whatever her real name is got so massively OUTED in the USA. What puzzles me is how she's still included in the latest Season? At the very least surely there's more than enough proof to indicate she suffers severe psychological disturbance with criminal tendencies? :confused::eek:

(note she picked gazzillionnaire Adrienne - worth in the region of $450m in her own right - as 'godparent')
  • JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great compilation, the psycho music hilarious.

I love that Taylor erm Shana whatever her real name is got so massively OUTED in the USA. What puzzles me is how she's still included in the latest Season? At the very least surely there's more than enough proof to indicate she suffers severe psychological disturbance with criminal tendencies? :confused::eek:

(note she picked gazzillionnaire Adrienne - worth in the region of $450m in her own right - as 'godparent')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaopW4FYitE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:( Well that patently wasn't true was it?

Although I love me some Camille, the sooner Trailer-Trash Shanna/Taylor gets the boot, the better.
    Her only focus and interest is herself. Now sod off back to Oklahoma.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :( Well that patently wasn't true was it?

Although I love me some Camille, the sooner Trailer-Trash Shanna/Taylor gets the boot, the better.
    Her only focus and interest is herself. Now sod off back to Oklahoma.

Don't you know? She worked too hard for that zipcode to go home now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member

Camille and Taylor are both still in the current season. I was shocked to see Taylor I must say. Even seeing Kim was a surprise.

Taylor is pretty car crash this season though, I don't think she'll be retained for the next season, her drinking seems out of control..... and her connection to reality.
    Forum Member
    Don't you know? She worked too hard for that zipcode to go home now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeh but she can still go oklahoma on your ass ... maybe she should update her violent threats zipcode?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh but she can still go oklahoma on your ass ... maybe she should update her violent threats zipcode?

:D:D Love it!

Is being a golddigger hard work? I may need to know one day. You never know.
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :D:D Love it!

Is being a golddigger hard work? I may need to know one day. You never know.

Golddigging Taylor / Shana / woteva the fk her name is style is potentially hard work. The potential bit is you can end up serving time... or even worse... having to do sex with a bloke who repulses you but is really rich. If u go for the former u wana make it a real big crime so u still have some pennies and youth left after serving the time. If u go for the latter u may wana do an Anna Nicole Smith and pick a geriatric n pray he's changed his will -or- do a Ho'Wives and stay married for 10 years to guarantee 50% alimony (only applies in the USA) -or- pray the bloke tops himself, is murdered, has a lethal drug addiction, or hire a hitman.

It depends on how u see 'work' really....
    Forum Member
    Im now watching fridays show again. When lisa called kyle surely it would have come up as "lisa home" or something similar since lisa rang from a landline? So kyle would have known when she answered it that lisa wasnt in the hotel!
  • SevensevenSevenseven Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Im now watching fridays show again. When lisa called kyle surely it would have come up as "lisa home" or something similar since lisa rang from a landline? So kyle would have known when she answered it that lisa wasnt in the hotel!

Thought BIB myself. Thought it was funny when Taylor stormed out and was then seen one side of locked gate and Paul on the other and they had quite a long conversation. Seems like the Maloof security were told to keep the gate locked so Taylor had to return to the fray.

On a different subject, Camille was on an episode of Frasier this am entitled Halloween filmed in 1997, she hasn't changed much facially but her nose looked slightly different. In comparison with her appearance in Frasier, Camille is very skinny in RHOC. No great acting required for her part but she was quite good with her facial expressions:)
    Forum Member
    I assumed they were at lisas gate but i did think it was odd that paul was hanging around outside lisas gate lol

Can anyone please tell me what vanderpump rules is about? I regualary read reality tea to see whats happening with all the housewives shows and i know lisa got a spin off vanderpump rules. From a quick glance at episode reviews it seems focused on youngish people who weve never heard of. Jax and stasi? I thought it was going to be a show about ken and lisas life but they are barely mentioned in any of the reviews, just loads of male models and fights between young people.:confused:
  • SevensevenSevenseven Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I assumed they were at lisas gate but i did think it was odd that paul was hanging around outside lisas gate lol

You are correct it was at Lisa's gate, my mistake:o
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What's the context to that incident?