Hillsborough Charity Single - Official Music Video

Comments

• Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep just seen this online :)

It's beautiful, and a lovely ending to the video. I hope it does well, I'll be buying it when it's out without a doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS the first chance in like 10 years to have a proper festive #1 and a charity song is released the same week. :yawn: I'd pay money for people not to make charity singles but I'd never buy some crap song just because it's for charity. :confused::confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    FFS the first chance in like 10 years to have a proper festive #1 and a charity song is released the same week. :yawn: I'd pay money for people not to make charity singles but I'd never buy some crap song just because it's for charity. :confused::confused::confused:

You're pathetic. What does the Christmas Number 1 mean to anybody? Nothing. It's just one day/week in the charts and it has no effect on any of the general public.

But for these families, who have been lied to for 23 years after losing their loved ones, who had their good names smeared in the press, whose loved ones could have been saved would benefit hugely from this single selling a lot.

Perhaps think of the cause behind it before you slate a charity single? This single means a great deal to a lot of people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    You're pathetic. What does the Christmas Number 1 mean to anybody? Nothing. It's just one day/week in the charts and it has no effect on any of the general public.

But for these families, who have been lied to for 23 years after losing their loved ones, who had their good names smeared in the press, whose loved ones could have been saved would benefit hugely from this single selling a lot.

Perhaps think of the cause behind it before you slate a charity single? This single means a great deal to a lot of people.

I have nothing against charities, i donate myself to a few but it's a stupid song people will claim is dreadful for eternity. Why buy it :/ Why not just donate money instead of buying drivel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    I have nothing against charities, i donate myself to a few but it's a stupid song people will claim is dreadful for eternity. Why buy it :/ Why not just donate money instead of buying drivel.

What's dreadful about He Ain't Heavy? I certainly don't think it's drivel. Many people will donate, but singles like this help issues reach other people. Don't listen to it if it gets to you so much.
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    I really wasn't expecting to like it but it was really good. I wish they'd have a subtitled version of videos like this so I'd know who all the singers are. The beardy man in the red and white jumper was great and I don't know who he is and I always realise how much I like Robbie's voice in things like this (though this may not be a common view)

I think the video has been sensitively done and it was a lovely touch to have the boys in Liverpool and Everton strips at the end but nothing else too upsetting or intrusive.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Good video and a great cause no matter which football team you support

Much rather this be Christmas number 1 than some xfactor nonsense
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musically there is nothing worse than an ensemble charity single, this isnt an exception, turgid awful shite.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    I really wasn't expecting to like it but it was really good. I wish they'd have a subtitled version of videos like this so I'd know who all the singers are. The beardy man in the red and white jumper was great and I don't know who he is and I always realise how much I like Robbie's voice in things like this (though this may not be a common view)

I think the video has been sensitively done and it was a lovely touch to have the boys in Liverpool and Everton strips at the end but nothing else too upsetting or intrusive.

this tells you who's sings what
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hillsborough-charity-single-video-watch-1472224
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its far more than a 'contender' for Christmas Number One, its virtually a nailed on certainty, like Military Wives last year, nothing else will come close, and is the outright bookies fave.

Pre Orders passed 100k sometime last week. I find it amusing when people say if as expected Chris Maloney wins XF atleast he can count on the 'people of Liverpool' to buy his single. Not with this out he can't!

Love the single, some big names on it, many of the past which will draw older people to it than you've got Robbie, Paloma Faith and weirdly - Andy from Lawson who starts the song.

It's more than just 'any old charity song' its something that people care deeply about and is rightly expected to shift huge numbers.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed that and for a great cause :)
  • Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musically there is nothing worse than an ensemble charity single, this isnt an exception, turgid awful shite.

As oppose to what, would be interesting to hear what musical tastes you have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member

For what it is, I think it's actually quite listenable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »

Thanks, that helped. I thought the girl with her mouth very close to the mic was Katy B at first. Very surprised to see it was Eliza Doolittle.

What a lovely cover version- made me teary-eyed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See it's out to-day. I actually liked it so when I go shopping I'll buy it. Hope it gets the #1 spot next week.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally think Rebecca Ferguson stole the show with this record. Very impressed when she came in for her bit. :)