Air printing on the iPad

FranglaisFranglais Posts: 3,312
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My new wireless printer is an Epson XP-405.

It's a very moody thing. Sometimes it links up well with the iPad and merrily prints away. Other times the iPad simply cannot find the printer which is bizarre so documents then cannot be printed.

Anybody know why this is and how to get round this? Thanks..

Comments

• Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this problem with my previous printer - very sporadic. Just gave up in the end - and just print from the PC!!
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is another option: you can use epson's email print to send documents to the printer's dedicated email address which it happily prints out next time printer is switched on/ woken up
    my one has the feature, presume xp-405 does too?
  • sacavsworldsacavsworld Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I would recommend you to get the app for printing. You might get better connectivity to the printer via the app.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all wi-fi printers setting up a static ip address helps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    you could also try an app like printdirect which is free and see if you have any further printing issues?
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a g router from sky, which i need to reset practically every day because I have so many wi-fi devices that use it.. There is a solution upgrading it to a n router because it gives you an increased range.. Just to busy to get round to it.. I have the epson i-print app and it works well..