Samsung Galaxy s3

victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have finally purchased a new phone choosing a white s3.
So far so good except a few niggling issues that someone maybe able to help with.
The volume button on the left side is very sensitive. Is there a way to block it so it doesn't work?

Is there a way when the phone screen is off to stop the lock screen coming on when I receive a text message?

Comments

• Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    The volume button on the left side is very sensitive. Is there a way to block it so it doesn't work?
    Not without rooting, I don't think.

Is there a way when the phone screen is off to stop the lock screen coming on when I receive a text message?
    Just for when you receive a text?
    I don't think so - you can sswitch the lockscreen off entirely but not for a specific instance like that.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to lock screen, if the reason is because you don't want other people potentially reading your texts, isn't there a option where you can set it so that only the first 2-3 words of the text is shown or just the name of the sender?
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    With regards to lock screen, if the reason is because you don't want other people potentially reading your texts, isn't there a option where you can set it so that only the first 2-3 words of the text is shown or just the name of the sender?
    Yes it is a privacy issue. I have managed to change the message so instead of a preview of the text it now says you have a new message instead. But the lock screen still flashes up for a few seconds. All I need is the identification light to flash.
    I also don't like the phones built in text message sound alerts. Anyone know any good free alerts from the Playstore?
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    You can use anything you want for an alert just pop an mp3 etc on phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I also don't like the phones built in text message sound alerts. Anyone know any good free alerts from the Playstore?

Download Zedge from the Play Store. It's free and has a massive selection of wallpapers and ringtones.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McTeagle wrote: »
    Download Zedge from the Play Store. It's free and has a massive selection of wallpapers and ringtones.
    I would strongly advise against that - these sorts of apps are pretty awful, they tend to spam up your phone a lot.

All you need to do is put the mp3 if your choice into sdcard0/media/audio/notifications/ and it'll show up on the list of notification sounds.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    I would agree with above never use these programmes you can download anything you want if you Google it... Just the notifications folder on its own works fine for me too.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have also found the volume is low & vibration too weak.