XF Oz - who else thinks Jai Waetford is sadly dominating the vote?

fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
Forum Member
He's such an Eoghan Quigg...he's going to get the 'he's so cute' vote and 'he can sing like that at that age' vote. It's pretty obvious he's not going anywhere till the final. He's also going to get the 'he sings really straightforwardly' vote.

I want Caz or Dami Im to win...but for some reason I think Dami will have a Angel Tupai elimination...and Caz will be screwed over sooner or later by song choices.

Comments

• Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alot of people keep stating that they think x factor australia is the best version of the x factor. However i actually think it is the version where the most favouritism is shown to certain contestants, there is a real bias towards some.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he is dominating the votes too. It's a shame there are so many more talented acts then him in the competition too.I don't have anything against he seems like a nice enough kid and would be happy for him if he did well on the show but in terms of the competition he is way out of his depth. Great acts will leave every week as he sails through. He is Australia's Eoghan Quigg.
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I don't like it, I also believe that Jai is leading or at least close to leading the vote at this point. He ticks all the boxes for multiple voting groups after all.

While I agree that Cat Vas will be out sooner rather than later, I don't think Dami will have a Angel Tupai-esque elimination based solely on the fact that Angel was eliminated first and foremost because of Natalie Bassingthwaighte's incompetence as a mentor. Seeing as Dami has Dannii as her mentor I can't see her being eliminated for the same reason Angel was. I do however have a bad feeling about THIRD D3GREE, who ARE mentored by Nat. Mark my words, she will screw them over sooner or later... :(
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    As much as I don't like it, I also believe that Jai is leading or at least close to leading the vote at this point. He ticks all the boxes for multiple voting groups after all.

While I agree that Cat Vas will be out sooner rather than later, I don't think Dami will have a Angel Tupai-esque elimination based solely on the fact that Angel was eliminated first and foremost because of Natalie Bassingthwaighte's incompetence as a mentor. Seeing as Dami has Dannii as her mentor I can't see her being eliminated for the same reason Angel was. I do however have a bad feeling about THIRD D3GREE, who ARE mentored by Nat. Mark my words, she will screw them over sooner or later... :(

He had the first audition of the series too, that's like a nail in the coffin...the producers I think want him to win but will change their minds once they realize there's very little they can do with him (like what they did with Eoghan and esp Janet).

This is coming from someone who has watched only the auditions and this live show but Third D have been quite pitchy in this last performance, especially the guy in it...it just didn't sound right in certain parts...in terms of vocals in the genre, Joelle dance pop was much better than Third Degree's, then again Joelle's personality and Third D3gree's overhype may get in the way of the votes.

Tbh none of Nat's groups did well this week...all a bit all over the place! But to give it credit where its due...Nat got it perfectly right that time in Week 5 with Angel singing 'I Want To Know What Love Is' - that was an incredible performance to be fair! And yet what confuses me is that she ended up in the bottom 2 after that! Nat definitely didn't screw Angel over with that song!
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is coming from someone who has watched only the auditions and this live show but Third D have been quite pitchy in this last performance, especially the guy in it...it just didn't sound right in certain parts...in terms of vocals in the genre, Joelle dance pop was much better than Third Degree's, then again Joelle's personality and Third D3gree's overhype may get in the way of the votes.

I'd say Third D3gree were probably better in their bootcamp and judges houses performances, but I still think they were great for week 1! It was energetic and fun, and I'd say they're the act with the most star quality. While Joelle is my favourite, her performance fell a bit flat for me, but that's partly due to the song choice I think. And don't get me started on that insanely awkward exchange between her and Dannii. It's a shame, she came across really likable up until that point. I just hope she hasn't alienated some potential voters - we know how much shows like these love a villain!
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dami and Jai were literally one spot away from each other in the iTunes / ARIA charts.

I still think Dami topped the first vote, but just barely.

And Taylor was an obvious third.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope dont think he is topping the votes at all. Jai isnt a good singer IMO yes he will get the cute votes But there is a guy in the comp that can sing & will also get the cute votes & his name is taylor henderson

Jai has Shiane Hawke written all over him will outlast alot of good singers but wont make the Final

IMO The final 2 will be Taylor Vs Dami
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think Third Degree, Joelle and Dami all came higher than him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »
    Nope dont think he is topping the votes at all. Jai isnt a good singer IMO yes he will get the cute votes But there is a guy in the comp that can sing & will also get the cute votes & his name is taylor henderson

Jai has Shiane Hawke written all over him will outlast alot of good singers but wont make the Final

Taylor to win!!!

Love redfoo on the panel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like may contestants in X Factor AU so I don't mind who is in the final as long as Jiordan is there and wins. ;) Team Cats for the win. ;)
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »

Except Shiane was good and unique. Jai is alright and just like any other prepubescent boy his age.

He'll be a Eoghan I'm sure of it - he's a 'cute boy'...same could not be said about Shiane (but doesn't really need to be said about her because she was good). He'll come third.
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except Shiane was good and unique. Jai is alright and just like any other prepubescent boy his age.

He'll be a Eoghan I'm sure of it - he's a 'cute boy'...same could not be said about Shiane (but doesn't really need to be said about her because she was good). He'll come third.

Shiane good?! :o Lovely girl, but c'mon now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho-QB3abryM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

shiane you maybe able to make a case of her being unique but come on be serious now she wasnt good at all she should of never made top 12 it should of been vendulka

if a guy is to do a eoghan itll be Taylor bet girls think he is a 'cute boy' & he can sing

Jai isnt good at all the only thing he has going for him is that 'cute boy' tag & that wont get him to the final IMO he will finish something like 5th
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As a singer I really wasn't a fan of her in the slightest but this was so bad that it was brilliant. :D:D
    Forum Member

That was her sing off and let's be honest before that sing off, she sang in pitch:

Piece of my heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_BO0deZd0

Beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po5t-PuU8gY

Lovely I thought. Only an opinion I guess.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Right now there's little doubt in my mind he's at the top, but I do think as weeks go on it'll dwindle a bit as his performances continue to be samey. Think kind of 'The Eoghan Quigg' effect.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the producers want to market him as OZ Justin Bieber,,, but please, at least Bieber has some swag.

This Jai is just horrendous. What happpens if his voice broke half way through the shows?:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was her sing off and let's be honest before that sing off, she sang in pitch:

Piece of my heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_BO0deZd0

Beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po5t-PuU8gY

Lovely I thought. Only an opinion I guess.

Lets be honest, Shiane never sang on pitch once at any point during last year's live shows.
    Forum Member
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Lets be honest, Shiane never sang on pitch once at any point during last year's live shows.

Really - can you honestly say that? Because from those two performances...it's clear she did get the pitch right. It's another thing if you don't like her style.

People often confuse a person's singing style with pitch. It's the tone people disliked not the pitch because she hit the notes (it's not an opinion whether somebody hits a correct pitch).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really - can you honestly say that? Because from those two performances...it's clear she did get the pitch right. It's another thing if you don't like her style.

People often confuse a person's singing style with pitch. It's the tone people disliked not the pitch because she hit the notes (it's not an opinion whether somebody hits a correct pitch).

No, she didn't hit the right notes. I don't dislike the style that she was aiming to fit into, her singing was terrible on a technical level.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Meh. The Collective didn't win last year. The kid won't win this year.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wikipedia has him a far second in Week 1 and fourth in Week 4. Dami is steamrolling so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Wikipedia has him a far second in Week 1 and fourth in Week 4. Dami is steamrolling so far.

Those statistics are fake.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe Joelle was bottom 2. I think she is absolutely amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those statistics are fake.

likely to be yes but we dont no if are fake