The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Alex, don't let the silence do the talking...
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    There's huge speculation about Alex being the UK representer for Eurovision
    Graham Norton gave away a clue that in the last 4 weeks he played a song of the representer

And he played Alexandra
    It dos make sense though, why would he play her songs as she's flopped? and it explains the silence
    Forum Member
    I think she'd fall deeper than she is now. Seriously, Eurovision???
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    perobt93 wrote: »
    I think she'd fall deeper than she is now. Seriously, Eurovision???

Say whatever you want but it does get your name out there and if it's a great song like Loreen's she could be snatching #1's everywhere. Eurovision is broadcasted in every country in the world except for the US and Canada I think.

But I want her to concentrate on those two :p
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed when I found out that Cascada will represent Germany this year 'cause they've been HUGE worldwide in the past years. For me, it would be a desperate chance of seeking Europe's attention if Alex does the ESC.
    But also look at this, Mika is rumored to be going there too.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    She would be a laughing stock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone, Sorry to intrude!

As part of my dissertation I am conducting research on what influences the voting behaviour of the viewing public on TV Talent Shows (specifically The X Factor).

I am looking into the influence and power of the show, the press as well as social media.

I would be really grateful if people could complete the short survey on the link below! It will literally only take a couple of minutes and it would be of massive help to me!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KX579TM

**It is of course anonymous and you obviously can back out at any point, but its extremely tame**

Thanks in advance!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Alexandra does Eurovision it's over for me tbh. It would be a COMPLETE mess. :sleep:
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    If Alexandra does Eurovision it's over for me tbh. It would be a COMPLETE mess. :sleep:

I can just hear the radio 1 DJs :yawn:
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikel3000 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, Sorry to intrude!

As part of my dissertation I am conducting research on what influences the voting behaviour of the viewing public on TV Talent Shows (specifically The X Factor).

I am looking into the influence and power of the show, the press as well as social media.

I would be really grateful if people could complete the short survey on the link below! It will literally only take a couple of minutes and it would be of massive help to me!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KX579TM

**It is of course anonymous and you obviously can back out at any point, but its extremely tame**

Thanks in advance!

Ooh a fellow psychology student :). I hate surveys but ill help you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should do it. At least she would get airplay on Radio 1, they wouldn't have a choice. UK would get behind of regardless of how they feel about her and she might pick up some new fans.

Didn't do Jedward any harm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    I can just hear the radio 1 DJs :yawn:

And if she didn't get any less than 1st her UK career would be totally destroyed. Plus Eurovision acts tend to lose all credibility. It's not the contest it used to be. I can't believe she's even associated with this. I seriously hope it's nothing more than a rumour.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    i'm nerve about these eurovision rumours, everyone is saying it's a female and a power ballad.

i've just got a bad feeling alex's management would put her up to something like this lmao... weren't jade on RCA.... like alex would do WELL, no denying that but eurovisin isn't cool in the UK. would totally do nothing for her UK career
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Eurovision will be the biggest thing Alexandra has ever done in her career.

A much, much bigger audience than the X Factor market.
    Forum Member
    and none of her family have shout down the rumours like they usually would... awkward.
    Forum Member
    @EdwardCunn

@dni17 @alexandramusic As the UK act was played on the Graham Norton Show Radio show in the last month. She was played.

he's a massive eurovision fan or something... god, she was played in the discussion of it? WHAT IS HAPPENING ... PLEASE GOD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    he's a massive eurovision fan or something... god, she was played in the discussion of it? WHAT IS HAPPENING ... PLEASE GOD

Career suicide if she signs up. R.I.P to her career if this is true.
    Forum Member

Not true, at all.

Look at Loreen who won last year- she's had Europe wide success with Euphoria and her follow up album.

Hell, even Blue have managed to get a number 1 album in Germany since the contest, and were named the most commerically successful act of the 2011 contest.

If Alexandra had a decent, chart friendly song that she performed well, there's no reason why she couldn't have pan-Europe success.

What else is she going to do, in all honestly? Sit by the phone until Simon Cowell offers her a judging role on X Factor?

The market is saturated with R&B females who came up in a more organic way and have been blessed with stronger material. Alexandra can sing and dance, why not give her the platform to do that on Europe's most watched music show?
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

Maybe it could work, if she releases a good catchy track and promotes this well she could spawn hits around Europe. Yes it's career suicide and not 'credible' but it's better than nothing. That's me being optimistic but it could all go wrong too, but I don't think she'll do worse than HOH did commercially...:o
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I will come here and help explain the tweet (don't attack me lol)

Graham Norton said yesterday on his radio show that the UK act has had one of their songs played on his show in the month of February. Alexandra is one of the acts out of 20ish British acts. There has also been a long standing rumour that the song will be a female power ballad. There is no concrete evidence that is true. So there has been assumption she is one of the most likely :)

UK are apathetic to Eurovision no doubt. Yet Germany and Sweden are huge markets where recent winners have had success including non winners. Blue are doing very well over in Germany and Russia. Jedward have been doing well also. ESC is changing into something more credible I'll admit that as a fan, but it takes time.
    Forum Member
    OK I will come here and help explain the tweet (don't attack me lol)

Graham Norton said yesterday on his radio show that the UK act has had one of their songs played on his show in the month of February. Alexandra is one of the acts out of 20ish British acts. There has also been a long standing rumour that the song will be a female power ballad. There is no concrete evidence that is true. So there has been assumption she is one of the most likely :)

Don't forget the hint in January that it was a "quirky" female.

Alex ticks that box, too.
    Forum Member
    eurovision could work 50/50 in her favour, would get her loads of exposure across europe.. if the song was good, it could kickstart her career but then it could wreck it

but someone with alex's vocal ability and previous sucess, i don't see how it could WRECK it
    she wants to rebuild her image of being an AMAZING vocalist
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eurovision could work 50/50 in her favour, would get her loads of exposure across europe.. if the song was good, it could kickstart her career but then it could wreck it

but someone with alex's vocal ability and previous sucess, i don't see how it could WRECK it
    she wants to rebuild her image of being an AMAZING vocalist

And that's what a lot of eurovision fans after the vocals of Engelbert, Lee Ryan and Josh :D:D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm nerve about these eurovision rumours, everyone is saying it's a female and a power ballad.

i've just got a bad feeling alex's management would put her up to something like this lmao... weren't jade on RCA.... like alex would do WELL, no denying that but eurovisin isn't cool in the UK. would totally do nothing for her UK career

What UK career, its on the brink here anyway so why not establish herself in Europe where they don't still have outdated views about the contest from the 80's.
This discussion has been closed.