ITV3 - Goodnight Sweetheart

pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ITV3 are (in two weeks) going to be broadcasting this BBC show.

~ pokemaster

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes ITV 3 do this sometimes, like with The 2 Ronnies. The old Granada Plus had a number of BBC shows like Ever Decreasing Circles, Dont Wait Up (recently shown on ITV 3) and Sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... and vice versa with ITVs "The Prisoner" and "The Avengers" amongst others cropping up on the BBC.
  • SatelliteMan1SatelliteMan1 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Cool I will keep a look out for this.
    Do you know what time its going to be on?
    I used to watch this on the BBC and UK Gold but have only seen it twice.
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodnight sweetheart is now a fremantle media company which (Thames now is) . It was never made by the BBC just shown on the BBC, Birds of a feather is the same. So thats why i think ITV are now showing it, and i think they show two ronnies becuse granada plus managed to get the rights of that a long time ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    comedy89 wrote:
    Goodnight sweetheart is now a fremantle media company which (Thames now is) . It was never made by the BBC just shown on the BBC, Birds of a feather is the same. So thats why i think ITV are now showing it, and i think they show two ronnies becuse granada plus managed to get the rights of that a long time ago.

Granada+ had a second look deal with BBC Worldwide.

If UKTV didn't want it, Granada+ could have it.

And with independent producers, the BBC would only have the rights for a limited period. Like with Spooks and Hustle appearing on Hallmark.
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It don't matter to me as I have 1-4 on dvd and getting 5 + 6
  • pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool I will keep a look out for this.
    Do you know what time its going to be on?
    I used to watch this on the BBC and UK Gold but have only seen it twice.

yes (At this post date)

Tuesday 20 June
    1:45pm - 2:15pm
    2:15pm - 2:50pm

Wednesday 21 June
    1:45pm - 2:20pm
    2:20pm - 2:55pm

Thursday 22 June
    2:50pm - 3:20pm
    5:25pm - 6:00pm

(i don't think they repeat either)
    It don't matter to me as I have 1-4 on dvd and getting 5 + 6

I know and so am i but its great to watch it on tv for the people who don't have these..

~ pokemaster
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pokemaster wrote:
    yes (At this post date)

Tuesday 20 June
    2:15pm - 2:50pm

Wednesday 21 June
    1:45pm - 2:20pm
    2:20pm - 2:55pm

Thursday 22 June
    2:50pm - 3:20pm
    5:25pm - 6:00pm

~ pokemaster

No use to people at work then? :rolleyes:
  • BringBackThamesBringBackThames Posts: 3,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is the 1st episode on? The one where he goes back but thinks he is just in some fun-pub? I really want to tape it. :)
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get SKY+ or a PVR then you can record it and watch it when you get home.
  • SatelliteMan1SatelliteMan1 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Thanks
    I don't get home till 3 so will have to plus this.
  • pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is the 1st episode on? The one where he goes back but thinks he is just in some fun-pub? I really want to tape it. :)

Tuesday 20 June

is when the very first episode will be on :-)

~ pokemaster
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info. I hope Chicago Hope returns to ITV3 soon. I dipped in and out of it, and was sad to see it has come to the end of it's run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    Plus used to show The Brittas Empire and I'd love to see that again on TV.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes ITV 3 do this sometimes, like with The 2 Ronnies. The old Granada Plus had a number of BBC shows like Ever Decreasing Circles, Dont Wait Up (recently shown on ITV 3) and Sorry.

I've seen Ever Decreasing Circles on G Plus when it was there. I remember watching the holiday episode, when Martin got stuck in the loft. Ann had to take his lunch to him.
    Then Howard got stuck, too. One of the best episodes.

I also like the one with the manure being put on Martin's drive by mistake. I remember Ray Winstone had been cast as a lorry driver, who had to remove it.

I also used to watch old Coronation Street from the 70s and 80s on G Plus, around 2001, 2002, at 9:00am, nearly every morning. I've now got the DVD box sets. The 60s up to the 00s, with 80 episodes per set. Also got the Tram Crash one and the Stars Of The Street box set with the live episode from 2000, marking 40 years.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imno12u wrote: »
    Plus used to show The Brittas Empire and I'd love to see that again on TV.

It's been on Gold, in the last three years or so. I think they still show it on Gold. You will have to get up early to see it, though. It's on around 6am every day.

So sad that G Plus has gone, as it was one of the best channels on Sky Digital around 2001. :cry:

I also remember a channel called Sky Soap. That was around 1998, when Sky Digital wasn't there. It was just before Digital came in.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reviving a thread old enough to be shown on UK Gold itself! :)

Goodnight, Sweetheart is being shown again on Gold seven years on 7pm nightly (started last week).

Wish they would revive this and reunite Rodney with Del Boy by bringing in David Jason as a new character.

But Lawrence Marks and Mauruce Gran are too successful with their stage shows and musicals, I expect. Plus they wanted to do a musical stage version of Goodnight, Sweetheart according to a recent interview but it was scuppered - so I guess a revival of this TV series is unlikely. Especially now Nicholas Lyndhurst has joined the cast of New Tricks.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reviving a thread old enough to be shown on UK Gold itself! :)

Goodnight, Sweetheart is being shown again on Gold seven years on 7pm nightly (started last week).

Wish they would revive this and reunite Rodney with Del Boy by bringing in David Jason as a new character.

But Lawrence Marks and Mauruce Gran are too successful with their stage shows and musicals, I expect. Plus they wanted to do a musical stage version of Goodnight, Sweetheart according to a recent interview but it was scuppered - so I guess a revival of this TV series is unlikely. Especially now Nicholas Lyndhurst has joined the cast of New Tricks.

Would be nice if New Tricks had an episode with a retired wheeling dealing type. I did not realise that Nicholas Lyndhurst and David Jason were seperated by 20 years.