Forums on your mobile: a call for testers!

Comments

• PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is this still happening? We did implement new ad code last week which should mean this doesn't happen....

no, it's nice & snappy today, no issues.
  • alfraseralfraser Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    How about the option to jump to a specific page number is a post?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    no, it's nice & snappy today, no issues.

Glad to hear it, let me know if anything changes :).
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi just seen this. It's an Xperia arc s. It's only on here it happens and it didn't before the mobile site changed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this just changed again?

Forum looks slightly different but the bobbing up and down thing is still happening.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Older than on the same skin a few weeks ago?[/QUOTE

Ive been using the link in the first post to use the mobile skin for the past 2 months and un both months my usage has shot up. This is the only difference in my mobile usage.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaboard wrote: »
    What this poster said. I was using an android device. I clicked quote and the keyboard opened and the quote box shot up the screen. As you type it yoyos up and down. You get glimpses of the quote box now and again.

That's the exact same issue I'm having (not easy typing this!) Also finding it difficult to click on links. Nothing highlights so I'm not sure of its even loading. Especially if I'm trying to click the side arrow and not the title of the thread. When something does open, one time out of three the page wont fully load. I'm on an android device. Funnily enough I've just went to edit my post and the reply box is staying still.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaboard wrote: »
    What this poster said. I was using an android device. I clicked quote and the keyboard opened and the quote box shot up the screen. As you type it yoyos up and down. You get glimpses of the quote box now and again.

Same here on Samsung Galaxy S2 running Gingerbread on stock browser.
    Forum Member
    Have you all been using the skin for a while? If so, has it only started doing this since the header turned blue?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's just since it changed Thomas...it was completely fine before then.

As another poster said the reply box seems to stay still if you edit but not for the initial post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you all been using the skin for a while? If so, has it only started doing this since the header turned blue?

I'm not sure what you mean by skin I'm afraid. I've just been clicking Forums from the bottom of the mobile website. But yes, these issues have only started since the header changed a few weeks back x
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Yes it's just since it changed Thomas...it was completely fine before then.

As another poster said the reply box seems to stay still if you edit but not for the initial post.
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean by skin I'm afraid. I've just been clicking Forums from the bottom of the mobile website. But yes, these issues have only started since the header changed a few weeks back x

Okay, thanks for letting me know guys. Will report to our tech team who should hopefully be able to fix it soon.

Also sorry for my terminology Kivi, by skin I just mean the mobile version of the forums. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, thanks for letting me know guys. Will report to our tech team who should hopefully be able to fix it soon.

Also sorry for my terminology Kivi, by skin I just mean the mobile version of the forums. :)

No bother, I was just having a 'thick' moment ;) Many thanks for the reply :)
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seem to be stable on my galaxy S2 when I posted a comment this morning :)
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    Are these on particular pages or when you're doing something in particular? Does it load up to a certain point of the page and then crash?

When I press the subs button. Happens probably 30-40% of the time.

Also, using the forum on my android phone has become next to impossible. Not sure what sort of fancy coding you guys are going for but it simply does not behave like a normal website any more. Links behave strangely, I can't long press on any links and the reply text box is epileptic.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member

Yes.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This particular problem is not evident on the iPhone version, however, PM's are quite literally non existent.
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reply box still on the move. Only this time it shoots up the screen and does not return. You have to keep scrolling it down to check your spelling, punctuation etc. I have also noticed that it has stoppped highlighting the area you are selecting. It did it for a while. I prefer it to highlight if that is ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just testing the reply box...still shooting up and down.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Is there any sign of the private messaging section being fixed? Its all very quiet in here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still having all the issues on Android that were reported the other week. The text box still shoots up and down, pages only half-load at least 30% of the time and I'm finding it very difficult to actually select a thread (eg: when I press the link, nothing happens). I've no idea why selecting links is so hard, as it's absolutely fine on every other website, so I can rule out a failure on my phone's part. It's only been since the new blue header was implemented not long back. Hope it's resolved soon as I'm finding it almost impossible to use :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Why can't I get the mobile forums on my nexus 7 ...
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Since yesterday afternoon I can't get on to Digitalspy on my Blackberry. The page begins to load but then cuts out and goes to the homescreen. If this turns out to be a permanent issue then its absolutely gutting. I've been a daily user of DS now for about 4 years and i have no internet connection at home so the only way I can check the site daily, is through my mobile. Any one any ideas why this is happening?
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Since yesterday afternoon I can't get on to Digitalspy on my Blackberry. The page begins to load but then cuts out and goes to the homescreen. If this turns out to be a permanent issue then its absolutely gutting. I've been a daily user of DS now for about 4 years and i have no internet connection at home so the only way I can check the site daily, is through my mobile. Any one any ideas why this is happening?
    Robert - Is this still happening? Is it for the main Digital Spy website, the forums, or both?
    Why can't I get the mobile forums on my nexus 7 ...
    If you're still having issues, could you please let me know what you're seeing?
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

Apologies for the radio silence for the last couple of weeks. The private messaging system should now be up and running - hoorar!

[highlight]Android users[/highlight]: I know it's a pain that I keep making you repeat yourselves but I'm going to try and get our developers to look over this jumping around issue which has appeared.

Could you please confirm that this is still happening? It would also be helpful if you could find out if this is only happening when replying to threads, and not when sending a PM etc.

Thanks for your continued help, hopefully we'll be able to get it all sorted shortly.
This discussion has been closed.