Assassins Creed 4

Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Rumoured, just a rumour, to be about pirates. Ffs why don't they set it in Japan, and you play the part of a ninja. It's crying out to be made!:confused:

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit more than just a rumour. "Assassins Creed 4: The Black Flag" teaser poster has been sent out to various retailers http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-27-first-details-of-pirate-themed-assassins-creed-4-black-flag

Admittedly it could all be an elaborate hoax, I suppose.

I think we're supposed to have forgotten that a Japanese setting was illustrated at the end of the first game...
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zzzzzz

more of the same - just in a different skin.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Bit more than just a rumour. "Assassins Creed 4: The Black Flag" teaser poster has been sent out to various retailers http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-27-first-details-of-pirate-themed-assassins-creed-4-black-flag

Admittedly it could all be an elaborate hoax, I suppose.

I think we're supposed to have forgotten that a Japanese setting was illustrated at the end of the first game...

It would be great!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Got to admit that the idea of this being centered around the naval battles found in AC3 doesn't exactly make me want to buy it, i found those bits to be extremely tedious. If it's a next gen game though i may be more interested, but if it's a current gen game then i think i'll pass this year.

And add me to the growing list of people who think a Japan set AC game would be great!
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even finish #3, I just couldn't get into the pace of it. Think i'm just burned out on the series by now.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Ffs why don't they set it in Japan, and you play the part of a ninja. It's crying out to be made!:confused:

Yeah you should be the lead designer with those great "ideas". :D:D :rolleyes:
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Apparently focuses on Edward Kenway, Connor's grandfather. What's the betting he'll look and act like his son, even have the same VA? Haytham should have been the star of the last show, and Ubisoft know it now, it would have gone some way to alleviating the mediocrity of AC3.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I alone Revelations was my favorite, AC3 was missing some stuff although the cut scenes made the game still great, I'd still get AC4 mind.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I have to i'm not that interested

I think Ubisoft's 'one AC a year' policy has sucked it dry in my opinion.
  • dannyb2k9dannyb2k9 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was kinda hoping number 3 would be the last. it's just the same everytime now and it's getting boring
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should of taken a year out and come back next year refreshed on the new consoles. They've ruined the franchise with their one a year way.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently focuses on Edward Kenway, Connor's grandfather. What's the betting he'll look and act like his son, even have the same VA? Haytham should have been the star of the last show, and Ubisoft know it now, it would have gone some way to alleviating the mediocrity of AC3.

I agree with this 100%, I heard a lot of people complaining that it took 5 hours to get to Connor, and I wonder how those people felt after completing it. For me Haythem was a better character in every way, he had a personality for a start, the game always seemed to improve when he was there.

Through the whole game I was thinking, 'I wish I was playing as Ezio' or 'I wish I was playing as Haythem' I just didn't like Conner, his story was just a load of set pieces strung together with no flow whatsoever, and the fact he never ever listened to Achilles drove me nuts by the end. I love AC but I didn't like 3, I had to force myself to finish it, I've never had that before.

Sorry I went a bit off topic there, I'd rather this rumour not be true, base it in Victorian London with Jack the Ripper as a Templar, sorted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now comfirmed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy that they are making a new game and i've loved them all so far

But does anyone else wish they did a few games, perhaps spinoffs where we dropped all the confusing future plot lines and just played as a character from different time periods

Like the new one, i know its assassin's creed but wouldn't it be amazing if the entire game was just you being a pirate trying to build up a huge fortune by any means necessary or trying to help the less fortune by stealing from wealthy ships

Then you could use an infinite number of times periods where cool stuff happened by it wouldn't need to be related the main future story
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have liked them to skip a year and do it properly, but I'll probably get suckered in eventually. Definitely won't be a day 1 purchase though, I got burned enough with AC3.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did say it was going to be a new time period, but looking at the clothes it doesn't look far from AC3, although I can't tell if it's earlier or later. And didn't they kind of cover this with AC3 Liberation? I'm a bit dissapointed, but then I was dissapointed with the American revolution setting as well, I was hoping for something completley different. Oh well, i'm looking forward to the full reveal on the 4th, i'm sure i'll be more interested then.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed 100%. Not only was Haytham a better character, but it really shone a light on how mediocre Connor was. Also, whenever they got into ideological arguments with each other, I always found Haytham made the most sense. Connor, on the other hand, came off naïve and clueless.

As for this new game, if it has more of the naval combat in place, I'll be happy. I enjoyed that the most in AC3. New York and Boston were rather dull compared to places like Jerusalem or Rome in previous games.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought that the next game or couple of games will be spinoffs from the AC3 storyline and it won't actually be AC4.
    I think it's more likely AC4 will be released on the next gen consoles which means filler games to release this year and possibly next for the current consoles?
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought that the next game or couple of games will be spinoffs from the AC3 storyline and it won't actually be AC4.
    I think it's more likely AC4 will be released on the next gen consoles which means filler games to release this year and possibly next for the current consoles?

That's what everyone assumed. But Ubisoft have said the next game will be this year and will be AC4. They've even released box art with the title "Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag" as the title.

Unless they are pulling a fast one on us all, its all officially confirmed.
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone read the AC3 book? It is all about Haytham.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I never finished ac3 it just bored me to tears.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I never finished ac3 it just bored me to tears.

Still working my way through it although finding it a slog now.
    Have completed the story but am trying to mop up all the collectibles and side missions.
    It's starting to get as tedious as AC1 with all the damn citizen missions and errands. :-(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    That's what everyone assumed. But Ubisoft have said the next game will be this year and will be AC4. They've even released box art with the title "Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag" as the title.

Unless they are pulling a fast one on us all, its all officially confirmed.

Must admit I'd never read the actual release links when I wrote that. :-/

Not sure what I think of this.
    I love the series but think I'm getting fatigue now.
    The fact I'll probably be still trying to complete the achievements from previous AC games by the time this gets released in just over 6 months time doesn't fill me with excitement either. :-/
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I do think this game along with COD needs a years break.

Stale comes to mind.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    unfortunately whilst the sales figures still justify it they will keep churning them out year after year.