anyone have a blu ray player with wifi built in?

DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm upgrading my BD player as my LG350 is playing up - refusing to play some BD discs etc, I notice many current models have wifi built in so you can stream BBCi Player etc, has anyone got this function and how well does it work?

I'll probably end up buying one anyway, but just curious.

Comments

• gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the LG BD620 that has built in wifi. Plenty of apps and video streaming quality from iplayer, netflix etc is great and it plays plenty of video file types.
  • TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a fat PS3 80GB that has built in Blu-ray player and Wi-Fi as well as an Ethernet socket if you want to hard wire your PS3 to you router.

There is also HDMI socket for conecting it up to you flat screen TV and and optical digital out socket which allowes you to connect it to your AV amp/reciver so that you can experience 5.1 and DTS surround sound if your amp/ reciver supports these formats.

The following apps are available on the PS3.

BBC iPlayer
    ITV Player
    4OD
    BBC Sport
    Vidzone (Music Videos)
    Netflix (monthly subscription)
    Love Film (monthly subscription)
    Qriocity (Sony unlimited music service. Subscription required)

You can also buy the optional Offical Sony remote control which I have.

There is also Play TV which is an adaptor that will turn your PS3 in to a Freeview PVR but you will not get the HD channels that are available on Freeview as Play TV does not support them.

I hope that this helps.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't connect mine via Wi-Fi but the smart tv features are so crap that, after an initial play, I've never bothered connectiing it again. It's like paying over the odds for a slow, ornery computer.
    Ditto for so-called smart tv. Netflix and anything else which wants my cash can take a running, cybernetic jump.co.uk.:)
  • stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also have the PS3, and only use it for the blu-ray and the wifi(catch up tv and in the past love film and Netflix) and use a Logitech harmony one with a Logitech IR to Bluetooth adapter. The streaming services work great.