F1 2013 officially announced

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well crap my pants and call me dandy, someone has juiced up the graphics. Some of the video could easily have been real footage. Amazing how far gaming has come since Digger T Rock.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Unless early impressions from people who buy it are good I'll either not buy it this year or wait a while before I do.

Didn't like F1 2010 but I really enjoyed F1 2011 & still play it on occasion, However I hated the 2012 game & haven't touched it since about last October.

Im also real tired of every Codemasters F1 game been released full of bugs, Having the exact same bugs appear & require a patch in all 3 games is unacceptable in my opinion considering what were spending on buying a game new on release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Well crap my pants and call me dandy, someone has juiced up the graphics. Some of the video could easily have been real footage. Amazing how far gaming has come since Digger T Rock.
    Not sure if serious or not?

It looks the same as 2012 and 2011.

And in terms of artistic style still not up to 2010 levels.

2011 and 2012 seem to have a shiner almost cartoon lick to them, whereas 2010 felt a bit more natural and balanced, even if 2010 had shiny tyres!

I really can't warrant picking this up. Not enough changes and putting most of the new content in a special edition to boot.

No thanks.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless there is something totally different about the game plus bug free (yeah right), i'll pick it up. If not, i'll stick with 2011.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would prefer if they just released yearly updates via digital download personally. For example £10-£15 for new stats, Drivers and tracks but hey ho!
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Would prefer if they just released yearly updates via digital download personally. For example £10-£15 for new stats, Drivers and tracks but hey ho!

Well, we are entering a time where more and more gamers have good connections and all major consoles will have significant HDDs so this is a business model that could work. Look at what Capcom are doing - they are releasing (yet) another version of Street Fighter IV. This time you will be able to buy the new game for £40 or upgrade any previous version for £15.

Ultimately though, the publishers will do whatever they think will make them the most money.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That probably wouldn't be viable with such an expensive license as F1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the detail on the steering wheel and mirrors, this is a must buy for me. Graphics have been clearly improved, I've played the previous incarnations for long enough to tell that.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have bought the last three F1 games but I won't be buying this year.

I do enjoy them. I won't buy because it's not available on next gen platforms where I will be playing from PS4 launch, and it seems silly but it's really getting on my nerves how lazy Codemasters is with the menu system. Nearly the same year after year after year.

I will wait for 2014 which should be on next gen and all the big rule changes in F1 are implemented that year.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1 2013 Standard Edition skimps on classic content

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2013/news/f1_2013_standard_edition_skimps_on_classic_content.html

That's a shame and sounds a tad cynical to me. Why hold back some of the classic content for a classic edition of the game? To make more money of course!

I'm not that impressed by the hot lap trailers either. I noticed in two of them now that Ant is talking about things that the driver isn't quiet doing on the lap in question. For example he says "Brake at the 100m board" and the driver brakes at the 50m board. In another of the videos he talks about using all of the curbs yet the driver in the video is barely brushing them. it's not a show stopper, but it just feels a bit sloppy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I'm not that impressed by the hot lap trailers either. I noticed in two of them now that Ant is talking about things that the driver isn't quiet doing on the lap in question. For example he says "Brake at the 100m board" and the driver brakes at the 50m board. In another of the videos he talks about using all of the curbs yet the driver in the video is barely brushing them. it's not a show stopper, but it just feels a bit sloppy.
    I've also spotted a few areas of the circuits i've seen so far that are not as accurate as they could be.

The final NGK chicane at Nurburgring has more elevation in the game than in reality & also looks tighter than it actually is, The game also seems to feature bumps in the middle of it that are not there in real life.

Also seen some other preview videos where things like camber, elevation & corner radium didn't look as they are in reality.
    Been fair however thats been an issue since there 2010 game.

And i’ve also spotted that the old versions of the tracks feature modern flat kurbing. The version of jerez thats in the game for instance should feature old style high kurbing you don’t want to touch, yet in the game the kurbs are totally flat like 2013 style kurbing.
    May not be a massive issue to some, but if your going for authenticity & spending time bringing classic content, at least ensure its 100% accurate.

Some of the car models i've seen also look a bit off, Although again thats been an issue since 2010.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2013/news/f1_2013_standard_edition_skimps_on_classic_content.html

That's a shame and sounds a tad cynical to me. Why hold back some of the classic content for a classic edition of the game? To make more money of course!

Yeah I posted similar on GAF.

Next year, you just watch F1 2014 Standard Edition will be this years Classic Edition.

Just like they've given us one decade this year, next year it'll be the both 80s and 90s for standard and then maybe 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s for Classic Edition.

It means that anyone who purchased the CE would need to get it again because they'd have all the standard content, new rules and car models aside.

And given that that's all they do, update sponsors and new car models I find it a bit of a pee-take that they're introducing a premium version.

Luckily Codemasters games tend to plummet in price quickly.

And yeah I noticed that about the videos too, Ant said change down two gears and the video didn't change gear at all!
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    And yeah I noticed that about the videos too, Ant said change down two gears and the video didn't change gear at all!

Yes it's as if Ant did his commentary over a real hot lap video and they've put his audio over an in game lap. Not the biggest crime in the world but sometimes you notice small details like that especially when you're used to watching voiced over hot laps on the F1 coverage on TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That probably wouldn't be viable with such an expensive license as F1.

Yeah shame really.

Shame also that they are not doing a PS Vita version as they say it isn't financially viable.

Would've bought it day one as love playing F1 on the Vita whilst lounging on the sofa!

Of course when the PC version drops in price on steam I'd be tempted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah shame really.

Shame also that they are not doing a PS Vita version as they say it isn't financially viable.

Would've bought it day one as love playing F1 on the Vita whilst lounging on the sofa!

Of course when the PC version drops in price on steam I'd be tempted.
    Hardly surprising given the quality of the Vita version they did make.

There are probably quite a few studios who'd be more than willing to provide their services for a decent port, even if it was just a slimmed down version without the classic stuff, without some modes perhaps, I am sure people would still appreciate it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Hardly surprising given the quality of the Vita version they did make.

There are probably quite a few studios who'd be more than willing to provide their services for a decent port, even if it was just a slimmed down version without the classic stuff, without some modes perhaps, I am sure people would still appreciate it.

To be fair its not bad. Graphics are a little rough bit it has the playability. The non-analogue controls are a slight hinderance though but I just tap the R1 button for accelerating lightly or control speed through the corners.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It'll be on DLC so you can still get it if you want, the classic edition sounds like a day 1 GOTY edition to me.