Doctor Who Series 7 Episode 13: Nightmare In Silver 11/05/2013 BBC1 7:00PM

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stcoop fits right in at SFX.
    You really can't cope with people not worshiping every aspect of the show can you, you pathetic losers.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do people think the new voices will be like? I hope they're different. Not to robotic or monotonous. I think sometimes it's too easy to forget that Cybermen aren't actually robots.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    What do people think the new voices will be like? I hope they're different. Not to robotic or monotonous. I think sometimes it's too easy to forget that Cybermen aren't actually robots.

I think the voices will be....excccelllent!
    *Punches right fist into left palm*
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    They created 6 different voices for this, not even Nick Briggs knows which one they're going with. One was like the Cybus voices, another like Tomb of the Cybermen voices etc... and the final one was simply Nick's voice normally so that they could apply whatever effects they wanted in post production. I cant wait to see which one they've gone with :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPOILERS!
    I took these images from a trailer which was only seen on CBBC a while ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP4jER0oduM)

http://i.imgur.com/FBSd36q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XFARUMQ.jpg

That's a LOT of Cybermen...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPOILERS!
    I took these images from a trailer which was only seen on CBBC a while ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP4jER0oduM)

http://i.imgur.com/FBSd36q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XFARUMQ.jpg

That's a LOT of Cybermen...
    That is a lot of Cybermen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who TV's teasers are up.
    Blowfish cameo?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    That is a lot of Cybermen!

No, but that's really :eek:
    a lot of Cybermen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really feel teased now. Creepy moments but not a scary episode....well lets see what Neil has done here then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Blowfish cameo?!

Aw, it's sounds as if they're still stompy :(
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Radio Times interviews Neil and gives away some minor spoilers.
    Neil, could you give us a non-spoilery encapsulation of the story?

Easily! It just stops at about minute three. The Doctor has been talked by Clara into taking the two kids she looks after, Artie and Angie, for an excursion, a day out, and he decides to take them to Hedgewick’s World, the biggest, best and most wonderful amusement park in the galaxy, a quarter of a million years in the future, because he has a golden ticket and it gets four people in for free, gets you free ice creams and it gets you to the front of any line, which is great because the lines for the Spacey Zoomer can go on for weeks. And that’s where it starts.

Unfortunately, it also starts with them discovering that Hedgewick’s World has been closed for several years and there’s almost nobody on it now except for a small army troop on manoeuvres and a mad old showman named Mr Webley who landed his spaceship there after it closed and is now there with a Cyberman that plays chess. That’s where it begins. This is also 1,000 years after the end of the big human/Cyberman war – where we won.

There are some well-known actors in the episode. Can you tell us about the characters they’re playing?

Jason Watkins plays Mr Webley, this wonderful, slightly alcoholic old showman touring the universe with a waxworks and a chess-playing Cyberman. Warwick Davis is his henchman, who is called Porridge. He’s affable, sweet and helps Webley and cannot wait to get off this planet.

Tamzin Outhwaite is a captain named Alice Ferren who’s in charge of the platoon doing troop exercises on an abandoned amusement park planet and as we discover, as the story goes on, it’s actually a punishment platoon. They’re all people who’ve got into trouble. She was sent there for disobeying orders. They’re not the kind of crack troop you’d want if it so happened that a Cyberman moves in – a new model Cyberman that we haven’t seen, who is absolutely lethal and hyper-intelligent.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    That really is a LOT of cybermen
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Stcoop fits right in at SFX.

must be the only place on the internet he hasn't been banned from :p

and as per usual he totally misses the point being made.....
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see
    a lot of cybermen
    in this episode!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Blowfish cameo?!

The person or the aquatic creature... Because if it's the person I'm going to actually squee cause he's amazing...

Oh yeah Torchwood... Not the CBBC presenter? No?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cultbox Spoiler-Free Review:
    'Nightmare' will be (perhaps unfairly) judged in a similar way, by the twin hopes of what a Cybermen story should be, and the high-quality fans demand from a Gaiman-written episode. In both categories of judgement it comes up lacking.

3/5

Full Link
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah who cares about reviews at the end of the day...i know i dont but it is always itneresting to see :D

Anyways i really do have this feeling it will be insane in so many ways...check out the latest poster for it...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/943328_511180742263419_1853554212_n.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like an airship in the background on 2nd pic- Pete's world style.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    “Nice ship. Bit big, not **** ******”

=
    "Nice ship. Bit big, not good enough"

also,
    “There’s information on **** ***** in here! Oh, this is just dreamy!”

=
    "There's information on Time Lords in here! Oh, this is just dreamy!"

And omg at
    Why am I impossible?

:O
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two slightly negative reviews. I'm getting worried now, I thougt this was set to be a classic.
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares about reviews, let's make our own minds up!

Last weeks was superb and it didn't get the kind of reviews it deserved.
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that most of the reviews constantly cite The Doctor's wife proves it is not being fairly judged.

That episode in my eyes was as close to perfect as perfect could be in 45 mins.

So even if this episode is 2 thirds as good, we are in for a treat.
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamzin Outhwaite is a captain named Alice Ferren who’s

... wearing a Red Cap?

What happened to that series, anyway? Why wasn't it ever released on DVD?
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as someone who thought The Doctor's Wife was distinctly average (by Who standards so still a great ep) if the reviews think it's not that, I'm hopeful it will be a classic (that said, most reviews have matched my opinion so far this season, Cold War being the main exception).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    The fact that most of the reviews constantly cite The Doctor's wife proves it is not being fairly judged.

That episode in my eyes was as close to perfect as perfect could be in 45 mins.

So even if this episode is 2 thirds as good, we are in for a treat.

Exactly...i mean Neil only has one episode to compare to beforehand and of course its pedegree of an episode...but it is very unfair as this episode will of couse be a very different vibe and feel and look entirely...and conceptually it sounds just as whacky and insane...just review seem so unfairly biased and scathing which doesnt add up....so lets wait and see whats in store for Saturday :)

Personally i still very much think we are in for a real treat!

Also i second the reviews for Crimson Horror...it was a much much much better episode than many previews had it set out to be...IMO it is a classic :) same with Hide :)

Nightmare In Silver i really really think wil be one of those episodes where you have to see it to believe it...