Does anyone know if Lola in Eastenders will get Lexi back properly

faith11faith11 Posts: 908
Forum Member
✭✭
What a dreadful choice that was made today to give the baby to Phil.:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    i think after tonight... its gonna be a battle... who will get phil to give the baby back..shirley or sharon?

sharon doesnt realize what phil is doing but i think she will in the end.

and it looks like it will drag on till steve's panto break which could be end of jan. heard there are pictures of
    phil at parental classes
  • faith11faith11 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think after tonight... its gonna be a battle... who will get phil to give the baby back..shirley or sharon?

and it looks like it will drag on till steve's panto break which could be end of jan. heard there are pictures of
    phil at parental classes

How long is Phil away on panto for?
    Forum Member
    faith11 wrote: »
    How long is Phil away on panto for?

2 months i think. usually goes away early feb
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She gets we back on New Years Day.
    Forum Member
    EEforest wrote: »
    She gets we back on New Years Day.
    lola gets lexi back? ive read
    phil is with lexi at parantal classes
    which i assume is after new years day ?

and phils still planning things then

it will be a let down if phil just gives up on her
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone tell me what Sharon said to Lexi at the very end of tonight's episode? I missed it with all the loudmouths in this house! :mad:

Thanks in advance! :)
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a dreadful choice that was made today to give the baby to Phil.:mad::mad::mad:

I really dont like this storyline at all, Lola hasn't done anything to warrent having Lexi taken away from her. Lola is the one that has care order ON HER!!!! Grrr this makes my pi$$ boil!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone tell me what Sharon said to Lexi at the very end of tonight's episode? I missed it with all the loudmouths in this house! :mad:

Thanks in advance! :)

I think she just said that everything is going to be OK dont worry.
  • faith11faith11 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lola gets lexi back? ive read
    phil is with lexi at parantal classes
    which i assume is after new years day ?

and phils still planning things then

it will be a let down if phil just gives up on her

Of course he should give up on Lexi.She's not his baby:mad:He should give up on her and give her to her mother where she belongs:mad:
    Forum Member
    Of course he should give up on Lexi.She's not his baby:mad:He should give up on her and give her to her mother where she belongs:mad:

i know he should realistically but i think this storyline is going for something bigger than that. lola will get the baby back in the end im sure.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    This really is a crap storyline, Like they'd trust a baby with a man with the background Phil has, Its actually uncomfortable to watch but I don't have the staying power to quit watching.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

phil at parental classes

I don't understand :confused: Surely the courts decide who has Lexi not Phil, Sharon or Shirley. If Phil didn't want Lexi then she would have remained in care or are you suggesting she might have gone to Lola?

God I hate this story line enough without thinking Phil has won 'custody' of Lexi over Lola. The story line is depressing and ridiculous. Phil can convince a court he is a great Dad but Lola can't even convince one single social worker she is capable as a mum :rolleyes: :mad:
    Forum Member
    I don't understand :confused: Surely the courts decide who has Lexi not Phil, Sharon or Shirley. If Phil didn't want Lexi then she would have remained in care or are you suggesting she might have gone to Lola?

God I hate this story line enough without thinking Phil has won 'custody' of Lexi over Lola. The story line is depressing and ridiculous. Phil can convince a court he is a great Dad but Lola can't even convince one single social worker she is capable as a mum :rolleyes: :mad:
    oh courts said lexi would remain with phil for 3 months then i assume lola gets her full time
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    oh courts said lexi would remain with phil for 3 months then i assume lola gets her full time

Phew :) You'd think he'd be a bit nicer to Lola then so he can have some influence / say about Lexi's future :confused:

Maybe he wants her to crack up totally and do something really bad so that he can keep hold of Lexi :mad: He really is an arse Phil isn't he.
    Forum Member
    Phew :) You'd think he'd be a bit nicer to Lola then so he can have some influence / say about Lexi's future :confused:

Maybe he wants her to crack up totally and do something really bad so that he can keep hold of Lexi :mad: He really is an arse Phil isn't he.

i think phil will do anything he can to cut lola out of lexi's life. since we know now lexi is in phil's care solely then he isn't going to give her up just like that? as i was worried he would on new years day lol (I know that sounds silly but it would've been a letdown)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole storyline is ridiculous.

Lola has not done anything near bad enough to cause social services to take her baby away from her. It would NEVER happen like EastEnders has portrayed it, never in a million years.

All this storyline is going to do is make families who genuinely do need help, yes HELP, from social services, too scared to ask which will lead to many different problems which could've been avoided.

EastEnders need to realise how influential their storylines can be and take some responsibility. If they'd wanted to do a storyline where a baby gets taken into care, at least make it realistic, with valid reasons for the child being taken away, not TRISH thinking that "the baby could be allergic to paint" as social work would be deliriously happy with the fact Lola was even bothering to paint her house or randomly turning up at the house for unofficial visits, which btw, she would get severely diciplined for if Lola had reported this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a quite a clever SL. Phils motive A is to get Sharon and B get himself a sprog sired by his son. He has bullied and paid his way into a situation where he can get both. Sending thicko Billy away. isolating Lola and the only person who can see his game is Shirley who is too uied up in the we dont ever grass rule to just step up and say did you knw he is an ex junkie who only sobered up months ago.

But then the premise is that the social worker is a total loonie and the judge an easy mark for thier paid for gun the lawyer . A simple CRB check on Phil would of ruled out this SL but hey since when dd the EE writers research these things .

The ironic twist of course is that Michael really is putting his kid in danger and has a women in his house helping him who had her daughter removed from her not so long ago. The statement being is that the poor get the kicking while the well off can do what they like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a lot of faults with this storyline but I'm quite glad it's happened as Danielle Harold (sorry, I think that's the actress' name but not sure, Lola basically!) has really surpassed herself. I thought she was pretty dire up until this story, but she's had me in tears a few times. I'm sure she'll get her baby back, I wish they'd not turned phil into the villain in this though. Bar max's branning branch and the Masoods there are no families left on the square. Would have been nice if Phil really could just be Grandad and take Lola and Billy under his wing a bit because I think EE is seriously lacking in family relationships right now.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of faults with this storyline but I'm quite glad it's happened as Danielle Harold (sorry, I think that's the actress' name but not sure, Lola basically!) has really surpassed herself. I thought she was pretty dire up until this story, but she's had me in tears a few times. I'm sure she'll get her baby back, I wish they'd not turned phil into the villain in this though. Bar max's branning branch and the Masoods there are no families left on the square. Would have been nice if Phil really could just be Grandad and take Lola and Billy under his wing a bit because I think EE is seriously lacking in family relationships right now.

Phil has always treated Billy like crap (except when it suits him). He is unlikely to break the habit of a lifetime.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

I do agree with this. I know many viewers have concerns that becoming a mother can ruin a character. I suppose arguably, Lola was such a brat it was difficult for her character to be ruined any further, but it's been refreshing to see the change in her since she had Lexi. Like you, I've found many of Danielle Harold's performances emotional and tear-jerking.

I've always enjoyed the parallels between Lola and Michael as parents. As a reasonably wealthy adult suit-wearing businessman and someone who tries to avoid being seen breaking the letter of the law (but has absolutely no morals), Michael has constantly flown under the radar of the Social Services, while his baby daughter has undoubtedly suffered neglect at the hands of him (and abandonment by Janine). Compared to Lola, a legal minor and young offender, the third generation in her family to grow up in the care system, who always seemed to be in Social Services' line of target from the word go, despite the fact that she's clearly a loving mother, always wanting the best for her daughter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    I do agree with this. I know many viewers have concerns that becoming a mother can ruin a character. I suppose arguably, Lola was such a brat it was difficult for her character to be ruined any further, but it's been refreshing to see the change in her since she had Lexi. Like you, I've found many of Danielle Harold's performances emotional and tear-jerking.

I've always enjoyed the parallels between Lola and Michael as parents. As a reasonably wealthy adult suit-wearing businessman and someone who tries to avoid being seen breaking the letter of the law (but has absolutely no morals), Michael has constantly flown under the radar of the Social Services, while his baby daughter has undoubtedly suffered neglect at the hands of him (and abandonment by Janine). Compared to Lola, a legal minor and young offender, the third generation in her family to grow up in the care system, who always seemed to be in Social Services' line of target from the word go, despite the fact that she's clearly a loving mother, always wanting the best for her daughter.

It would have been the case if it had been done in a realistic way. It's a silly and manipulative storyline and it once again highlights to total laziness of EE's storyliners who obviously can't be bored to come up with realistic and plausible reasons to take the baby away so just decided to create an evil social worker who gets her rocks off by placing babies into care :rolleyes:
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interview I read with the producer couple of weeks ago said "we would be satisfied with the outcome". Well, im not satisfied. I think it is disgusting and paints social services in an already bad light. Lola hasnt done anything really bad and loves her baby. If Phil continues to have custody of the baby then im giving up on EE.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    MissLola wrote: »
    It would have been the case if it had been done in a realistic way. It's a silly and manipulative storyline and it once again highlights to total laziness of EE's storyliners who obviously can't be bored to come up with realistic and plausible reasons to take the baby away so just decided to create an evil social worker who gets her rocks off by placing babies into care :rolleyes:

I agree the taking of Lexi was done atrociously and unrealistically. I was talking more about the Social Services' radar - how they've totally missed Michael's neglect of Scarlett because of his social standing and lack of history with them, while targeting Lola from the outset because of her background, when ironically she's the better parent of the two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    i mentioned on a thread before, i had my eldest taken into care, im certain the fact im a young mum and that social services had been involved in my childhood was part of the reason she was taken so quick, a few days later they realised they had no real reason to take her away from me, just an unexplained injury which i sought treatmet for straight away. she was returned under a childre protection plan, by the time the case conference review arrived they had found a medical reason 4 her injury n take off the care plan.
    i think its realistic (although unfair) that they target her however i dont think its likely in the real world that they would treat this case the way they have. im not even sure y shes not aloud home considering the assult claim was dropped?
    Forum Member
    I think its a quite a clever SL. Phils motive A is to get Sharon and B get himself a sprog sired by his son. He has bullied and paid his way into a situation where he can get both. Sending thicko Billy away. isolating Lola and the only person who can see his game is Shirley who is too uied up in the we dont ever grass rule to just step up and say did you knw he is an ex junkie who only sobered up months ago.
    This is exacty why i think it shouldnt go phils way. He is manipulating the situation to get what he wants. Even after he knows that sharon is struggling he is still prepared to steal her from jack how does he even know she wants to be with him and not jack?! (& no this is not me being biased)

If he isnt going to get lexi because of this then he shouldnt get sharon either

Plus i also think he has not been in the right frame mind ever since ben(& dare i say if shirley) left. He was a broken man left with nothing but it still doesnt mean what hes doing is right it just means theres a little more complexity to it then simply wanting a new family. Imo sharon and lexi are a replacement family.

I think due to steves panto break this is not going to end happily for phil. Unless they go down the route of sharon "changing" phil and him giving up on lexi due to her which i think would be.a waste of the potential this story has.