Guide Plus Update Problems

My Sony DVR's Guide Plus updates from teletext on the host channel 410 - Eurosport. A couple of days ago I noticed that it wasn't updating the EPG and discovered that my Sky box was blocking the teletext. I unplugged it last night for a short time then plugged it back in again and the teletext on Channel 410 reappeared.

My EPG updates from 06:30-08:30 and from 14:30-16:30. Before it was due to update this afternoon, I made sure that the teletext on Channel 410 was showing, and it was. However, when it finished updating a short time ago, there was a message saying that it hadn't updated and I saw that the text on Channel 410 had been blocked again.

Is there any way of stopping my Sky box blocking the teletext on Eurosport?

Should I switch from Guide+ to the other EPG option which is Guide (Digital) or do they both update the same way?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• stylostylo Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Geny wrote: »
    My Sony DVR's Guide Plus updates from teletext on the host channel 410 - Eurosport. A couple of days ago I noticed that it wasn't updating the EPG and discovered that my Sky box was blocking the teletext. I unplugged it last night for a short time then plugged it back in again and the teletext on Channel 410 reappeared.

My EPG updates from 06:30-08:30 and from 14:30-16:30. Before it was due to update this afternoon, I made sure that the teletext on Channel 410 was showing, and it was. However, when it finished updating a short time ago, there was a message saying that it hadn't updated and I saw that the text on Channel 410 had been blocked again.

Should I switch from Guide+ to the other EPG option which is Guide (Digital) or do they both update the same way?

Thanks! :)

Thought 'Guide Plus' had finished anyway!.
    I switched to the alternative on my Sony DVR some time ago, which works fine.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,452
    Forum Member
    Geny wrote: »

As it doesn't 'block it' then no.

Yes you should, I can't see why you'd want to use the crappy Guide+ EPG in the first place?, assuming you can get Freeview of course.