Bt Refunds

I lost all my services B.B., TV, & phone.for 9 complete days and they have given me £3.52 for the inconvenience!This doesn't even cover the rental for the lost days which they have still charged for, is there any way of getting a better refund?

Comments

• DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bilsat wrote: »
    I lost all my services B.B., TV, & phone.for 9 complete days and they have given me £3.52 for the inconvenience!This doesn't even cover the rental for the lost days which they have still charged for, is there any way of getting a better refund?

Send an E-mail to the CEO of BT. You have to send it to ian.livingston@bt.com. It might take a couple of days for them to reply to it, but they will get back in touch with you.
  • BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi bilsat

I can gladly look into this for you to make sure you get the correct refund that you are due, just send me over the details via http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Regards David
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    I had a reply from BT to say that under its terms & conditions that's the correct amount!
    I worked it out like this

Line rental=14.60
    B.B.= 8.25
    TV= 4.00
    total= 26.85

30 day month= 0.89 p per day
    No service for 9 days= 8.05
    Discount given = 3.52
    Cost for NO SERVICE=-4.53
    No refund for inconvenience, staying in when no-one calls, different stories about fault location, general poor service!
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to complain to BT, now I see it isn't worth the bother. No phone or broadband since Thursday and no communication from them since the 9 text messages between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. Sat for the umpteenth time drinking an insipid tea in local Macdonalds. Have tried a few times to get onto the BT website with no joy, so can't even find out how things are progressing. At least I have a mobile, but a few of my neighbours are elderly and don't have them. They are stuck with no way of communicating with the outside world should there be a problem. It stinks. At the very least they should have daily communication with those affected who have mobiles - at least we can keep the neighbours updated as to what is happening. I am only on day 5 without communication. Hope it doesn't last as long as yours.