BBC Breakfast - Naga Munchetty

Comments

• niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her very easy on the eye and her presenting style is suitable for a news show. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, there are far worse presenters on TV.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but do some people dislike her because she's a woman, not white or has self confidence in a world dominated by white men?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike her at all (and have never met her) but find her attempts to insert her own personal views and little snide comments into stories irritating and unprofessional.But it's quite good fun to watch her and Sally Bundock dancing round each other on the 0530 business news on BBC1 weekdays, each trying to show they are top dog.
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to jump to conclusions, but do some people dislike her because she's a woman, not white or has self confidence in a world dominated by white men?

No, those reasons are precisely why she got the job. Box ticking, pure and simple.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught her this morning and she was being so rude to that Australian colleague. Queen bee syndrome
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I don't dislike her at all (and have never met her) but find her attempts to insert her own personal views and little snide comments into stories irritating and unprofessional.But it's quite good fun to watch her and Sally Bundock dancing round each other on the 0530 business news on BBC1 weekdays, each trying to show they are top dog.

Yup that just about sums her up. I thought it was just me that did not like her. I find her style very irritating and before anyone jumps on the bandwagon it is not because she is blackor a woman, simply dont like her interview style and the way she trys to be oh so funny and witty
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed this thread first time round.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Naga. If you want really poor presenting, watch Daybreak for 10 minutes.

The irony there being, if Ranvir Singh hadn't left the BBC for Daybreak, she almost certainly would now be presenting Sunday's BBC Breakfast instead of Naga, and probably to a bigger audience than Daybreak too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    The irony there being, if Ranvir Singh hadn't left the BBC for Daybreak, she almost certainly would now be presenting Sunday's BBC Breakfast instead of Naga, and probably to a bigger audience than Daybreak too.

Any evidence for claiming that ? Sunday is the one weak day for BBC Breakfast presenters (and no competition from ITV) although I think Roger Johnson is fine.
  • SnapeyDSSnapeyDS Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I, Candy wrote: »
    I wish she'd let her hair grow a bit longer. She'd look stunning.

So youre probably like me and agree that Kelly Brook was the best ever breakfast presenter :cool:
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »

Very good presenter. Wasted on DayBreak
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She ticks some boxes for me alright, :D
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To those that think she is only on the BBC to fulfil some fictional quota, can they explain why Blomberg employed her? They have no PC agenda, real or made up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Naga. She's down to earth and chatty with a sense of humour – exactly what is needed for Breakfast. I reckon she might get one of the top weekday anchor roles eventually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    To those that think she is only on the BBC to fulfil some fictional quota, can they explain why Blomberg employed her? They have no PC agenda, real or made up.

So are you saying that the BBC do have a quota then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interrupting Charlie Stayt again this morning when he was doing an interview, Charlie must have the patience of a saint.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are you saying that the BBC do have a quota then?

No, he said 'fictional quota' - in other words, clearly saying that in his opinion any such agenda (as implied by some on this thread) very definitely does NOT exist.
  • kenny brockellykenny brockelly Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible hairdo.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her.
    Having said that, life is too short to get bothered about TV presenters.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Naga. Very natural.
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's rare indeed for me to look at someone and say they need to change their hairstyle.

But she really does.

It does her no favours at all.

Presentation and personality- fine.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes not bad at all especially on the bbc world early morning news although the newspaper review she does with that other girl (name?) often transcends into a girly giggle fest.

Btw i read somewhere shes a semi pro golfer and wants to be a golfer full time . Presenting bbc news is almost like a sideline to her from what ive read
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Shes not bad at all especially on the bbc world early morning news although the newspaper review she does with that other girl (name?) often transcends into a girly giggle fest.

Btw i read somewhere shes a semi pro golfer and wants to be a golfer full time . Presenting bbc news is almost like a sideline to her from what ive read

Sally Bundock
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. All sorts of wrong in this thread.
    Indeed, like this one in response to why she got a job as a BBC presenter.
    best boy wrote: »
    No, those reasons are precisely why she got the job. Box ticking, pure and simple.
    :confused:

Like they were on the interview panel! Personally I've no fan on hers but she's an attractive lady and doesn't give me any reason to hate her like some on this thread do.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to grow her hair out.Only those blessed with perfect features can carry off that look
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to grow her hair out.Only those blessed with perfect features can carry off that look

I've always thought her hair suits her!

I think she's quite good.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »

Surprised she never got the beeb to give her a presenting job at the open.