Miley Cyrus NUDE in new video

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It's probably metaphorical for the relationship leaving her empty, bare, broken etc or she's like 'one with the wrecking ball' but basic people will probably see it more as metawhoreical.

I expected more from the video but it's cute.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nudity is to show how vulnerable and "exposed" the bad relationship has left her.....not a shameless ploy to get extra hits for the video by seeing a nudey Miley...........
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I can just imagine then saying....we build a simple set and you are wearing some white underwear and crying....there is a wrecking ball demolishing things, cos your song is called wrecking ball....ok yeah...oh and then can you lick a mallet suggestively and straddle the wrecking ball naked....oh yeah sounds like a great plan to keep me in the press!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Cringe at her.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't we been here before girl seeks credibibilty sheds clothes somehow it's never felt more desperate.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone tries realllllly hard to be provocative, it quickly becomes quite tedious ..
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    I can just imagine then saying....we build a simple set and you are wearing some white underwear and crying....there is a wrecking ball demolishing things, cos your song is called wrecking ball....ok yeah...oh and then can you lick a mallet suggestively and straddle the wrecking ball naked....oh yeah sounds like a great plan to keep me in the press!

basically this. its transparent and predictable, but i still think the song is great though.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The saddest thing is, I actually like this song, but she's managed to turn something meaningful into an embarrassing trash-fest. The video ruins the song for me, her desperation for controversy is odious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The saddest thing is, I actually like this song, but she's managed to make something meaningful into an embarrassing trash-fest. The video ruins the song for me, her desperation for controversy is odious.

I agree.
    The song is so good (even the chorus has grown on me now) but with the "Sinead O' Connor" close-up at the start with the cringe tears and the nudity, it completely takes from the song itself:mad:
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, it mostly makes sense with the song.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Why are female popstars so quick to get naked in their Vids Katy Perry, Spears, Rihanna, Gaga to name a few recently.
    Boooooring.
    How come guys aren't so quick to drop trousers for "art"?
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very Rihanna, Rated R era. I'm not fussed by the nudity, I think the shots of her in the white pants are more unpleasant. And the make-up was a bit distracting in the 'emotional' scenes. But overall it's not too bad a video.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to disagree with the whole nakedness was to portray how broken and vulnerable she was. I think that's a great way to show it, but she didn't. I can't believe i'm saying it, but Rihanna naked in the Stay video sold the message. Miley is selling nothing but sex.

The only vulnerability was the first 30 seconds, after that it was just about her body. She was riding the wrecking ball naked, not innocently, but trying to be sexy. She was then making out with a sledgehammer because she's obviously got some kind of thing with having her tongue hanging out like a camel. She was caressing the chain like she was gonna kiss it too

So yeah, not much vulnerabilty, just another opportunity to flaunt herself. So desperate. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just watched the video mostly to see a naked Miley which i liked ;) And i actually liked the song as well which I probably wouldn't have heard without looking at this thread. So if she did it to get views it kinda worked it me :o

I'm so easily bought :D
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I have to admit, I've never been a fan of Miley, and not a fan of her "look" either, but she looks good in the video!
  • crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I love to watch a car crash.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Serious question, Why do female artists do 'sexy' videos? Surely the majority of people who buy the music are female fans. So a 'sexy' video by say the Saturdays or Miley may get blokes watching, But will it make them go and buy the single? I know it wouldn't for me. A boy band i can see why the female fans would love that and buy it, Just not the other way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are female popstars so quick to get naked in their Vids Katy Perry, Spears, Rihanna, Gaga to name a few recently.
    Boooooring.
    How come guys aren't so quick to drop trousers for "art"?

Adam Rickett was a trendsetter and way ahead of his time back in 1998
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    The nudity is to show how vulnerable and "exposed" the bad relationship has left her.....not a shameless ploy to get extra hits for the video by seeing a nudey Miley...........

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Adam Rickett was a trendsetter and way ahead of his time back in 1998

Maybe other guys looked at him and thought "well it didn't make him a big star so I won't bother"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it could be passable..without the weird licking of the hammer... but it's doing what it should.... once again everyone is talking about her :p
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Serious question, Why do female artists do 'sexy' videos? Surely the majority of people who buy the music are female fans. So a 'sexy' video by say the Saturdays or Miley may get blokes watching, But will it make them go and buy the single? I know it wouldn't for me. A boy band i can see why the female fans would love that and buy it, Just not the other way.

I think everyone likes looking at attractive and glamorous women, even if they're not the gender you're attracted to. I mean take Girls Aloud for example. I think they make great music, but would they have such a devoted gay male/young female following if they were unattractive and wore jeans and T-shirts? Young girls like it because they aspire to be like these women. Gay guys must like it too, otherwise female popstars wouldn't save their most revealing outfits for when they perform at G.A.Y.

In Miley's case she might not be so aspirational at the moment, but she's certainly getting a lot of publicity. I think it's just human nature to be drawn to something that's shocking or provocative. I'm a straight female but I probably wouldn't have bothered clicking on this thread and YouTube link if it hadn't said that Miley was naked in the video.
    Forum Member
    So how long before she does a Britney on it and goes full foof? I say 1 month?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone tries realllllly hard to be provocative, it quickly becomes quite tedious ..

Absolutely. It comes off as desperate and repetitive.

Not trying to be mean but I don't think Miley has the right kind of figure to pull off this whole sexy act.

The song is okay I guess, I liked her music more in the days before she didn't try and be controversial.
    Forum Member
    This what I'm wondering, are young fellas into Miley in these acts? No one I know thinks she's hot but we're all approaching 30.
    I think Miley is pretty but the style she has is garish