Anybody remember Thrill Kill on PlayStation 1?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
Forum Member
✭✭
It was a lovely, violent game. I wish I could still play it now because it was simple and addictive but I feel like it was miles better than today's fighting games.

Comments

• AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a bit ropey, not very polished imho - there were better (smoother, more responsive) beatemups at the time, but if you wanted a bit of controversy with your gaming then it delivered.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    There are many words to describe Thrill Kill but I don't think I'd opt for "lovely" lol. It was banned, wasn't it? My cousin had a chipped copy. I remember the dominatrix with the electric cattle prod as a weapon and the guy in the straightjacket with the razor sharp teeth.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrill Kill and Manhunt they were some fun times, really sick games :)
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, I had to get a pirated version as it was off the shelves in no time at all. They re-skinned it as a Wu Tang themed fighting game. It was actually a pretty decent game, game wise, good battle system and something a bit different from all the Tekken and Battle Arena TOshinden clones that were coming out at the time.

It was WAY over the top on the sexual side of things though haha, I don't know who thought it would ever be allowed to be sold in most countries, but they were clearly on the pipe that day.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No you had to get a pirated version because it was never on the shelves in the first place, it was canned before release! :D
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No you had to get a pirated version because it was never on the shelves in the first place, it was canned before release! :D

I thought as much, but to be fair, 5 minutes of playing it and their is no way in hell that was going to be sold in Wollys or your local Dixons haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it was banned wasn't it? I remember my dad getting the PS1 chipped and buying a load of copied games from the guy next door. One of them was Thrill Kill and it was so good! Sony should have one last stint with the PS1. They should make it again as it was and sell all games for like 2 months and then stop forever, they'd make so much money.