Simon Fuller "Spice Girls Creator" Introduces new girl group "Girl Radical"

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Himself and Cowell are always competing and it seems Fuller is trying to compete with Cowell's girlgroups Little Mix and Fifth Harmony. Fuller worked with JC Chasez (NSYNC, America’s Best Dance Crew) and Golden Globe-winning, Grammy-nominated songwriter Jimmy Harry (Madonna, P!nk, Britney Spears) in creating this group. These three guys have now developed this girl group, with the hope of world wide domination

So which Girlgroups are better. Will Fuller win this Battle ?

Here is Girl Radical's first single "Don't Get me Wrong"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbK1IdryCOY

Website http://girlradical.com/

They are trying to go down the KPOP route 11 members!

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    The beginning of the song sounds very faimilliar for some reason :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    theres a bloody lot of them, looks like they didnt have a budget on the video
    Forum Member
    :D
    The 1st lines of each verse is basically 'Complicated' sped up isn't it? :)
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of Icona Pop "I Love it" And I think it is a buzz single to show what their sound will be like
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weak, undistinctive vocals, forgettable chorus, poor production, way-too many members and that rap section is laughable. This is gonna flop....hard.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I couldn't finish it because the song isn't great...but I like that there's a lot of them, it's different (for non-japanese/korean markets). I kind of think they'll be in competition with Cimorelli (if they ever take off) rather than Little Mix or Fifth Harmony.

They're no new Spice Girls though, Fuller can do better than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weak, undistinctive vocals, forgettable chorus, poor production, way-too many members and that rap section is laughable. This is gonna flop....hard.

considering the person who produced the song that is quite surprising
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's alright but nothing special. Maybe they'll get better as time goes on, who knows?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually quite like the song, but the video made it seem like they were a hundred member strong group, no one stood out.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song would do well, if not for so many members, needs to limit to five and much better production needed
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the track, but that video is just awful. I see what they were thinking but it didn't quite work did it?

The group look fantastic though! The number of members isn't a problem at all.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shockingly bad and cringeworthy.

Fake smiles, trying to be kooky and cute and attempting to cover almost every demograph = pleasing nobody. The name is awful aswell.

Also, Simon Fuller didn't create the Spice Girls (although no doubt they wouldn't have been as successful as they were on a global scale without him). But they approached him after ditching the team who auditioned them and set them up (father and son Chris and Bob Herbert). And by the time they went to Fuller there was already a buzz about them in the industry after their 1994 showcase for record companies/industry people (albeit under the name 'Touch').

Also, at that point their personalities within the context of the group had already been established and was being used as a selling point long before Fuller got hold of them.

He basically just took on a winning forumla and ran with it.

Anybody remember his first big project after the SG's fired him? 21st Century Girls? They were quite cringe aswell, even for the 90s! Fuller was just as lucky to have signed the Spice Girls as they were to be signed to him.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call them
    G-RADI

and i was thinking about this only yesterday, if we would get our version of J-POP/K-POP

and there it is :D

nice and poppy and they are all disgustingly preppy and cute ;)
    Forum Member
    Does J-pop just mean theres lots of members? If we had a British girl group really singing J/K-Pop I'd actually pay attention :D
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wonder if they could go down the sclub 7 route, tv show etc
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Does J-pop just mean theres lots of members? If we had a British girl group really singing J/K-Pop I'd actually pay attention :D

there are some three member groups, so that's not exclusive

although the more the merrier :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have got a spot on Good Morning America
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll never beat Girls' Generation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq7ftOZBy0E