Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Typical! I'm away for five minutes, and I've missed some quality Ali King scenes. Looks like I've got some catching up to do, in time for Monday's episodes. At least, we'll get some good Carter scenes, which will hopefully make watching Tina's ridiculous behaviour a little more bearable.
    Forum Member
    Do we even know if Tina is pregnant for sure? So far, by all accounts Tina tells Peter, she might be pregnant. I wonder whether when she takes the test, she will actually be pregnant at all, or will it be the start of bunny-boiler mode for Tina? She might possibly lie about the pregnancy, in a desperate measure to try and keep him. Especially, now Tina is more than convinced that Peter is messing her around. At least, it's now clear we're now counting down to Tina's very long and overdue departure, or...demise, more accurately-speaking. :)
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't get my head the idea of Carla being pregnant. It just seems so strange as she was literally the last person on the show I'd have expected to have this storyline - although that's probably the point. Every time she mentions it, or Michelle talks about "this baby" it just feels strange. If the pregnancy continues and she's walking round with a bump, it's just going to be bizarre. In a bad way, I think.

As much as I'm glad Peter clearly starts to massively regret his affair, and is clearly terrified of losing Carla, I just wish it hadn't taken her getting pregnant for him to see that. I mean, this is the woman who bailed out his business, then gave him half of hers when he lost said business, looked absolutely beyond stunning on their wedding day, has been through hell lately with Hayley and George's death... and yet through all that, he still manages to 'forget' how much he loves her, and has been happy to have his bit on the side who, let's face it, he can't have any real feelings for if he can just dump her on monday. So if Carla wasn't pregnant, or if she'd had the abortion when she'd planned to, Peter would have no doubt carried on with Tina indefinitely, regardless of Carla being the so-called love of his life. Perhaps Tina's bombshell would've shaken him up, but she's not actually pregnant so I'm sure they'd have got over that scare and carried right on again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Do we even know if Tina is pregnant for sure? So far, by all accounts Tina tells Peter, she might be pregnant. I wonder whether when she takes the test, she will actually be pregnant at all, or will it be the start of bunny-boiler mode for Tina? She might possibly lie about the pregnancy, in a desperate measure to try and keep him. Especially, now Tina is more than convinced that Peter is messing her around. At least, it's now clear we're now counting down to Tina's very long and overdue departure, or...demise, more accurately-speaking. :)

She isn't pregnant, she goes round on Friday to the flat to see Peter, takes the test and is really upset when she finds out she isn't pregnant while Peter is thrilled/relieved. He then tells her not to waste her life on him as he's old and he doesn't want more kids, which is ridiculous as surely he knows that Carla is going to have the baby at that moment in time and that Tina will inevitabily find out.

Really enjoyed the Michelle and Carla scenes on Friday, even though I knew the outcome. Great acting as always by Ali, but still undecided how I feel about the pregnancy, I honestly don't think she really wants to be a mother, but she doesn't seem to be able to turn her back on the pregnancy, possibly because she knows its her only chance and because of how much she loves Peter.

Looking forward to some nice, emotional Carter scenes on Monday, something we haven't had for a while. And while I am glad we will see Peter open up to Steve and his feelings for Carla will be explored, like others I am so disappointed it takes a pregnancy to realise how much he loves her. He really should already know, after everything they've been through. He would of been quite glad to have Tina on the side for the forseeable, and he's only decided to man up and end it because of the pregnancy. He is a fool, doesn't deserve her in any capacity but that still won't make it any easier watching their relationship collapse and break down after their long journey to be together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I got the impression Carla not going through with the abortion was more about how Peter would react, and her feelings for him, than her suddenly deciding that actually she does want to be a mother. I do think the idea of her just 'just getting rid of' the baby did hit her a bit and she had doubts, but ultimately I think she did it for Peter.

According to the spoilers for w/b 7th, Tina texts Peter telling him she still loves him. I really, really hope he just ignores it, or tells her he doesn't feel the same, because for them to get back together yet again would just beyond tedious and ruin all this apparent remorse he feels next week. I hoping he'll turn her down, when is when this obsession will pick up pace, with her potentially stalking him or constantly trying to get him alone, but from what Michelle Keegan said about the affair ending when Tina dies, I'm worried he'll go back to her again despite everything with Carla.
    Forum Member
    Holz_ wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the impression Carla not going through with the abortion was more about how Peter would react, and her feelings for him, than her suddenly deciding that actually she does want to be a mother. I do think the idea of her just 'just getting rid of' the baby did hit her a bit and she had doubts, but ultimately I think she did it for Peter.

According to the spoilers for w/b 7th, Tina texts Peter telling him she still loves him. I really, really hope he just ignores it, or tells her he doesn't feel the same, because for them to get back together yet again would just beyond tedious and ruin all this apparent remorse he feels next week. I hoping he'll turn her down, when is when this obsession will pick up pace, with her potentially stalking him or constantly trying to get him alone, but from what Michelle Keegan said about the affair ending when Tina dies, I'm worried he'll go back to her again despite everything with Carla.

I'm pretty sure if she wasn't with Peter and was going to be a single mother for example, she would of had the abortion. I think she maybe likes the ideal of a happy family with her and Peter, but realistically as a viewer unfortunately we know this isn't going to happen, which is why I worry about her keeping the baby. She knows he would want the baby too, which influenced her decision I'm sure. Ali definitely portrayed the emotions well, I'm so looking forward to seeing her acting range stretched again like it was during the rape storyline.

Just seen those spoilers, I don't think even the corrie writers would be that absurd. It would completely contradict everything on screen this week if he went back to her. I'm sure they are going to go down the bunny boiler route which is something they should of done a long time ago rather than have the grim affair rumbling on and on. I also read. Aspring teaser in some magazine which says that Tina makes enemies out of several more people before her death, so perhaps they will take her down a different path. I do think we are going to get a stalkery/blackmail/bunny boiler thing with her though, as MK said Tina is obsessed with Peter.

Also find it a bit weird how the pregnancy isn't even mentioned in the week beginning 7th April, wonder how it will play out on screen or whether they will have decided they are keeping it by that point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, same for me. If Chris wasn't leaving, the affair hadn't happened and carter were going to be together for the foreseeable, I think I'd warm to the idea of them having a baby far more. I still wouldn't be over the moon, but I think I could accept it more easily. It's the fact that the absolute best case scenario is Carla as a single mother, struggling to juggle the factory she loves with a baby she didn't really want (initially at least) that I hate. It annoys me because there would have been so much potential seeing Carla and Peter having a baby, without the affair, but the affair has just cheapened it and ruined a lot of it for me. Granted, Chris deciding to leave wasn't Blackburn's fault (not officially, anyway...) but the affair was.

I really hope they do have Tina stalking Peter or something like that and, dare I say it, it could actually become a really good storyline if done well. If we see Peter go crawling back to Tina again it'll be beyond a joke.

I'm assuming they decide to keep the baby but maybe not tell anyone else, bar probably Deirdre, Rob and by default probably Tracey. I don't think Carla will consider an abortion again until the affair reveal, or Tina's death, now.
    Forum Member
    Hey people! Hope you've all had a lovely weekend? :)

I'm really looking forward to this week's Carter scenes. :) And, I don't think I've been able to say that for quite some time. Seeing as their relationship has been virtually trashed by this sorry Tina/Peter affair sl. But, I'll say it again,...I'm beyond relieved that we have very little time left to endure Tina/Peter interactions. Yeah! :)

Gotta agree that once Peter finds out about his wife's pregnancy, and later, that his mistress isn't actually pregnant, that will be the end of the affair, as we've seen it. I do see bunny-boiler from herein out. It seems to me, Tina is manifesting the signs already. Either that, or she's become just plain stupid from start to finish! How she's not cottoned on that Peter has been playing her from the very beginning, beats me! Perhaps, if it had been another character entirely, I might have been able to swallow it. But, Tina has always been portrayed (well, up to the beginning of her surrogacy sl anyway), as quite a tough, savvy girl. Lately, there's been far too much of a transformation. But, I accept that a lot of bad shit has happened to her. Would it make her stupid though? I think NOT. But, I've said it all before, and I digress. I'm actually now looking forward to seeing the level of bunny-boiler mode TPTB intend to take things where Tina is concerned.

I'm also intrigued to find out who else Tina will manage to upset before she's done over. I wonder whether she will make a play for Rob again, in a desperate attempt to make Peter jealous? And, by doing so, she will enrage Tracey. Speaking of Tracey - she did resolve to have her revenge on Tina. What happened? Looks like TPTB had forgotten about that. Or, perhaps they were waiting to this point, to conveniently have Tracey as one of the suspects in Tina's murder, I suppose?

As for Carla's pregnancy?...I'm actually very intrigued to see where they take things. I know Ali will do a cracking job, whether her character resolves to keep the baby, or not. I actually hope that she does end up giving birth later in the year. I'd definitely like to see an exploration of motherhood for Carla. She's totally different from any other female character in Corrie, so I actually think there should be plenty of scope for her character, away from the typical cliches. Then again, they've made a hash of things so far,...but still.

I think Carla's decision not to abort, is as much influenced by her love for Peter, as her over-riding fear of failing as a mother, like her own mother did. Yes, she keeps saying that she never wanted kids. But, she also says it with particular reference to her own up-bringing, and how badly her mother failed her. That is what seems to upset and frighten her. She thinks that she will be the same as her mother, if she were to have a child. And, yes, she's not too impressed at the concept of how a child will turn her life upside-down. But, personally, that just comes over as a justification to cover her much more real fear of being a lousy mother. Her mixed-feelings, do also seem to be informed by her own experiences of failing to connect with Simon. So,...her hesitation in not taking that pill at the abortion clinic, stemmed from a myriad of emotions coming over Carla all at once. That's also what Michelle could see, and why she implored her to re-think things. I don't think it was just a question of her worrying about hurting the man that she loves. That to me, seems like one one of many, many reasons. The over-riding reason seemed to be fear of the prospect of being a mother. So, I for look forward to seeing how matters develop. I just hope they do Carla's character proud. Admittedly, they've not done a bad job in this particular instance.

I'm also loving the reminder of the strength of Michelle and Carla's relationship. It's been sorely missed. All we've had to endure lately, is shrewish Michelle, where Steve is concerned. So, anything that takes Michelle out of that particular dynamic, is great in my book! :)
  • Carla-esqueCarla-esque Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carla's brilliant tonight so far. :) Especially loving much-missed angry Carla.
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed tonight's scenes, mainly because of Ali. Great range of acting as always from her. The Carter scenes when they were alone were sweet, they seemed genuinely happy together and in some ways both seemed excited about having a child together even if they haven't made the final decision yet.
    Tina butting in every 5 minutes was doing my head in, he should of ended the affair there and then but I suppose he just wanted to get back to Carla. Glad some realisation was shown in his actions, some guilt portrayed but still hoping for more in the coming episodes.

Also was a bit confused, surely if Carla found out she was pregnant 3 weeks ago she'd be about 5/6 weeks gone possibly more, not just 3 weeks. Just wonder if that may be related in any way to a late abortion or miscarriage or something. It reminded me of a similar thing where they changed Peters age in a random scene with Carla and Deirdre in the summer, wonder whether that was due to Peter/Tina affair and age gap issue.

Interested to see where they will take it, storyline as a whole could possibly be salvaged but they need Tina's death to come as quickly as possible. Think she finishes filming this month (April) so not long to go. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that was Carla's reaction to not getting the chance to tell Peter she's pregnant for a day, imagine what she's gonna be like when the affair comes out and Peter leaves, with all those hormones on top... :(

I'm gonna be honest. I liked that Peter finally seemed to develop a conscious and did seem to feel awful about having not been there for Carla etc, but it was all too little too late, and I had very little sympathy for him when he was stood outside Tina's flat looking like his world had caved in. As much as Peter's comment about Tina being "absolutely nobody" was great in a laughing-in-her-face kind of way, in another way it made me angry because if he can just drop her like that, there can't have been an ounce of feeling there for Tina at all, which makes me wonder how much he can really love Carla if he was still prepared to risk everything with her for a cheap fling.

Also, Tina was even more annoying, hypocritical and cringeworthy than usual tonight ("It's my turn"?!), and judging from the way she was hounding him all day, I definitely think they'll do this bunny boiler plot we've wanted.

It definitely seemed like Carla was leaning further towards keeping the baby than anything tonight, and as much as I'll probably regret saying this, I did start to come round SLIGHTLY to the idea. As long as she's one of those mothers like Jac Naylor in Holby: still cool, still sharp tongued, just with added baby. I really hope, if she does give birth, she doesn't turn into a mother hen. It's still bizarre hearing Carla say the word pregnant, though.

Oh, and re Carla saying she's three weeks pregnant, I thought that was odd too. She was in Paris for two weeks before she even suspected she was pregnant, so unless it was that night in the hotel, which it couldn't have been if she was suspecting two days later, she must be at least 5 or 6 weeks by now? I guess she just meant she'd known for three weeks.
    Forum Member
    If that was Carla's reaction to not getting the chance to tell Peter she's pregnant for a day, imagine what she's gonna be like when the affair comes out and Peter leaves, with all those hormones on top... :(

I'm gonna be honest. I liked that Peter finally seemed to develop a conscious and did seem to feel awful about having not been there for Carla etc, but it was all too little too late, and I had very little sympathy for him when he was stood outside Tina's flat looking like his world had caved in. As much as Peter's comment about Tina being "absolutely nobody" was great in a laughing-in-her-face kind of way, in another way it made me angry because if he can just drop her like that, there can't have been an ounce of feeling there for Tina at all, which makes me wonder how much he can really love Carla if he was still prepared to risk everything with her for a cheap fling.

Also, Tina was even more annoying, hypocritical and cringeworthy than usual tonight ("It's my turn"?!), and judging from the way she was hounding him all day, I definitely think they'll do this bunny boiler plot we've wanted.

It definitely seemed like Carla was leaning further towards keeping the baby than anything tonight, and as much as I'll probably regret saying this, I did start to come round SLIGHTLY to the idea. As long as she's one of those mothers like Jac Naylor in Holby: still cool, still sharp tongued, just with added baby. I really hope, if she does give birth, she doesn't turn into a mother hen. It's still bizarre hearing Carla say the word pregnant, though.

Oh, and re Carla saying she's three weeks pregnant, I thought that was odd too. She was in Paris for two weeks before she even suspected she was pregnant, so unless it was that night in the hotel, which it couldn't have been if she was suspecting two days later, she must be at least 5 or 6 weeks by now? I guess she just meant she'd known for three weeks.

It's going to be absolutely awful in terms of being a fan of Carla as a character. I assumed it would come out before Tina's death, surely they would need it to for Carla to be a suspect although Ali in that recent interview said they still hadn't even got the scripts for it yet but Michelle Keegan has had the scripts for her exit so I'm not sure. Although that interview could of been weeks old I suppose we don't know how it really works. It will definitely be powerful I'm sure. I am also pretty sure Peter will be absolutely devastated and we will really get properly emotional scenes between the two of them, which I'm very excited to see, regardless of how heartbreaking it is to watch I know it will be great. I don't think Carla will be angry like she was today though, I think she will be too hurt and betrayed to react like that. Liking the idea of Rob and Michelle in her corner though, the short scene with the three of them tonight was really warm and nice to watch.

I'm afraid its too little too late for Peter, and it's hard to have sympathy due to the disregard he had for any consequences of his affair on either Carla and Tina, but particularly Carla. Surely he knows how vulnerable she is underneath everything. I agree RE: the nobody comment, its infuriating. That's what makes the affair so ridiculous and silly on screen. Theres no motivation for it, he obviously doesn't love her and to throw away the "love of his life" for a fling with no emotion isn't in character or believable.

Completely cringed at the its my turn line, who does she think she is, just embarrassing. She definitely looks to be heading down the bunny boiler route though, she's been acting obsessively from the start and it should of gone there a long time ago.

The lines Peter/Carla shared about the baby having more of a chance than any other and Ali/Carla's little smile when he said that, genuinely appeared to show some real happiness and I do think Peter seemed relatively keen on the whole idea of it. I do think they might be caught up in the 'ideal' of it rather than the reality. I do honestly think they both love each other so much, and that has some part to play in them leaning towards keeping the child. I wonder whether Peter will be really distracted on the Wednesday and Friday episodes and Carla will think it's her doing and be upset, I hope not.

I actually am coming round to the idea too, bizarrely. A few weeks ago I couldn't think of anything worse. I think she will be a good mother, despite her doubts mainly stemming from her awful childhood. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much of a good mother she will be without Peter by her side. Not because she isn't capable, but I think the constant reminder of Peter, reminder of their relationship, reminder of the betrayal might really cause her problems.

Yes definitely she would be at least 5-6 weeks pregnant I would of thought, just found it weird how she said that. Its probably nothing just had me thinking about the idea of late abortion, or perhaps its just because they want a birth near Christmas or something.
    Forum Member
    Well, I really enjoyed the Carter scenes last night! Really rather interesting. And, I'm not surprised that Peter was just as confused about how he felt about the prospect of fatherhood, as Carla felt about being a mother. I do hope we get more of an exploration of their mutual fears about being parents, whilst they make up their minds. But, I hope Tina's nuisance bunny-boiler antics don't continue to detract from all their conversations, like they did last night! I was so infuriated by Tina. Who does she think she is, indeed?!! >:( Seriously! Get rid already! And, by all accounts....
    Tina will be having a bit of a heart-to-heart with Emily shortly. Which means that after Peter dumps her, once he's relieved that Tina isn't actually pregnant, that's when Tina starts to desperately hold onto to him, at all costs. Because of what Emily tells her about holding onto the person that you love. So, I'm really going to be counting down to the days of Tina's demise.

I never thought I'd ever be so infuriated by a character. I think it's just that Tina's character is such a transformation. Last nights scenes were a case in point. Carla being all emotional and scared, whilst Peter was feeling very guilty and remorseful would have been so satisfying if we weren't constantly interrupted by Tina's phone-calls, acting like some kind of mad-woman! Would the real Tina McIntyre please stand up?!!! I guess, it's a bit late for that now. So,...away with her, and quick!! >:(;-)
    Forum Member
    Gotta agree - was also a bit confused about Carla stating that she was three week's pregnant. Then again, maybe it was just sloppy writing, and meant it in terms of her having bottled up the news of her pregnancy for three weeks. Who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press spoilers are out
    Episode 8364: Monday 14th April at 7.30pm

Anna reels when Phelan shows up at her home.
    Will Peter be able to resist temptation?
    And Audrey is concerned for Maria.

Writer: Jan Mcverry
    Producer: Stuart Blackburn
    Director: John Anderson

Episode 8365: Monday 14th April at 8.30pm

Carla’s discovery leaves her horrified.
    Can Anna live with her sordid secret?
    And Maria ponders over missed opportunities.

Writer: Mark Burt

Episode 8366: Wednesday 16th April at 7.30pm

Carla gives Peter an ultimatum.
    Maria finally confronts double crossing Todd.
    And Owen is confused by Anna’s behaviour.

Writer: Jonathan Harvey

Episode 8367: Friday 18th April at 7.30pm

Will Tyrone resist Maria?

Carla stands by a broken Peter.
    And Rita receives news of Dennis.

Writer: Julie Jones

Episode 8368: Friday 18th April at 8.30pm

Desperate Maria sinks to a new low.
    Guilt-ridden Peter agrees to go to rehab.
    And will Rita throw Dennis a life line?

Writer: Carmel Morgan

I'm guessing this is the week we'll have those scenes with Leanne when Carla finds out Peter is drinking again. I'm really hoping his "temptation" is alcohol and not Tina. Assuming Carla's ultimatum has something to do with the baby and/or their marriage; that he doesn't get sober it's over or something. At least they should be some great scenes for Ali and Chris, though.
    I still find it odd with Peter going to rehab, it doesn't seem to fit with anything else, and surely it'd mean he wouldn't be there when Tina is killed? I mean, I don't know much about rehab but I'd have thought he'd be there longer than a few weeks, and with Tina being killed at the end of May, it doesn't leave much time for things to build up again.
    Forum Member
    Press spoilers are out
    Episode 8364: Monday 14th April at 7.30pm

Anna reels when Phelan shows up at her home.
    Will Peter be able to resist temptation?
    And Audrey is concerned for Maria.

Writer: Jan Mcverry

Episode 8365: Monday 14th April at 8.30pm

Carla’s discovery leaves her horrified.
    Can Anna live with her sordid secret?
    And Maria ponders over missed opportunities.

Writer: Mark Burt

Episode 8366: Wednesday 16th April at 7.30pm

Carla gives Peter an ultimatum.
    Maria finally confronts double crossing Todd.
    And Owen is confused by Anna’s behaviour.

Writer: Jonathan Harvey

Episode 8367: Friday 18th April at 7.30pm

Will Tyrone resist Maria?

Carla stands by a broken Peter.
    And Rita receives news of Dennis.

Writer: Julie Jones

Episode 8368: Friday 18th April at 8.30pm

Desperate Maria sinks to a new low.
    Guilt-ridden Peter agrees to go to rehab.
    And will Rita throw Dennis a life line?

Writer: Carmel Morgan

I'm guessing this is the week we'll have those scenes with Leanne when Carla finds out Peter is drinking again. I'm really hoping his "temptation" is alcohol and not Tina. Assuming Carla's ultimatum has something to do with the baby and/or their marriage; that he doesn't get sober it's over or something. At least they should be some great scenes for Ali and Chris, though.
    I still find it odd with Peter going to rehab, it doesn't seem to fit with anything else, and surely it'd mean he wouldn't be there when Tina is killed? I mean, I don't know much about rehab but I'd have thought he'd be there longer than a few weeks, and with Tina being killed at the end of May, it doesn't leave much time for things to build up again.
    I found this odd too as it seems to kill the momentum somewhat especially in the weeks leading up to her death. Also find it odd as to why he would be drinking in the first place, surely he'd want to do everything possible to stabilise the situation with Carla and the pregnancy. There must be a point to the rehab especially if they are going to show scenes with him in rehab. Am really looking forward to Carla and Leanne scenes, they haven't exactly been shown as friendly on screen lately with a few comments and looks being made so interested to see how that plays out.

Pretty sure the temptation will be alcohol and not Tina. They surely would not be that stupid as to write him going back to Tina again. He also is apparently guilt ridden so I think it's fair to say as a viewer that we suspect him to severely regret this affair.

Looking forward to tonight's scenes, although I can imagine Carla being really worried as I assume he goes drinking straight away rather than going back to the flat. Fridays even more so just to see the end of this torrid affair.
    Forum Member
    I've been pondering the possibility that Phelan might be the villain that gets rid of Tina! :)

I'm aware most of us probably think it will be Peter, as Chris is leaving. But, would Peter actually murder Tina? Besides, what if Chris wants to return in say, two years time? I then can't see them making him an outright murderer. Although,...admittedly, he might go down for Tina's murder, but I bet he isn't actually the murderer.

Peter's character is certainly not like Tracey Barlow's. They did kind of sweep the fact that Tracey did actually murder someone under the carpet, and then approx two years later, she gets released on some flimsy premise about the evidence being thrown into disrepute, or something. But, I can't actually believe that Peter would be capable of murder, even if he does have a callous streak in him at times.

So,....I think at some point, they will have to get rid of dastardly Phelan, as villains in soaps eventually gets their comeuppance, so to speak. Although, it might seem that Peter may very well go down for Tina's murder, in reality, it might be someone else altogether. Why not Phelan? Phelan seems most likely to me. I can see Phelan covering his tracks by implicating Peter. He's certainly ruthless enough.

I know it seems a bit remote at this stage, seeing as the Windass sl hasn't got anywhere near the Tina/Peter sl. But, consider that Tina has been involved with the Windasses by virtue of giving birth to Gary and Izzie's baby? Also, Tina did work for Owen. And, she still speaks to them all, because of the baby. Hmmm,...Tina could be mistaken for Katy, by Phelan? Same colouring,...apart from Tina's ridiculous fake-tan...:D...long dark-brown hair. Who knows whether it is just a case of Tina being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe Phelan mistakes Tina for Katy, on some dark night soonish? We do know Katy despises Phelan as much as the rest of her family. Who knows how Katy might react when Anna's ordeal over Phelan comes to light.?

Just pondering. :):blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to twitter and someone who was at the set today, Ali, Michelle and Marc are filming a night shoot, and apparently they were still in there at 10pm tonight. Combined with Antony Cotton's tweet about it all kicking off in the rovers, I'm wondering if this could be the affair reveal...

Hmm, I could see the Phelan thing working, but then part of me thinks it'd also be a bit of a cop out, given that Tina only seems to have ever talked to or about Peter for the last few months. If the affair doesn't somehow lead to her death, what will have been the point? It'd be Frank's mother all over again, with a load of worthy suspects, only for it to be someone entirely random. I guess if Peter did somehow end up going down for it though, then later being proved innocent, it could work.

Tonight was such a letdown. I was expecting Peter to go straight to the pub from Tina's, and have all of tonight's episode around him trying to resist the drink but giving in and talking longer to Steve, but instead we had this rushed morning, during which Carla seems to have completely come round to the idea of having the baby and actually seemed really excited about it, only for Peter to somewhat randomly hit the bottle despite showing only slight unease throughout the first half. It was bizarre. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come, and that Carla won't suddenly start getting super excited at the prospect of a baby and forget all her previous fears.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a joke, right?! http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/372615/Coronation-Street-s-biggest-killer-thriller-Who-kills-Tina-McIntyre
    So apparently despite dumping Tina and declaring how much he loves Carla, Peter supposedly completely U-turns and plans to run off with Tina. This had bloody better be wrong...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it says he gets cold feet because Carla is pregnant, which he already knows, so that doesn't make any sense. At the moment I don't think it's true. Are they generally a good source?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous. Are we seriously expected to believe that the Peter who sobbed the other night at the thought of losing "the love of my life" over his affair would seriously leave her, Simon and his unborn child for someone he admitted he was just "flattered" by? I mean I know Tina is supposed to try to get him back but really. And this is on top of his rehab stay, which by the spoilers he seems to agree to to keep Carla. Why ok earth would he even consider running away with her? I'm hoping they've got their wires crossed or it's all speculation, but usually when they have script extracts the source is reliable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure what to make of any of it. The daily star is reliable for leaking scripts but it's not usually very good when it comes to interpreting them correctly. For example: the 'Tina reveals she's pregnant' article and the several articles that followed which seemed to completely exclude the possibility that she might not actually be pregnant.
    Tina's not going to leave Peter alone so I could believe that he would be desperate enough to agree to run away with her, in yet another attempt to prevent her from telling Carla. But would he genuinely be considering it? I'm not convinced. Even if he believes that he has lost Carla and he can't face her or is being threatened by Rob, what about Simon? He'd be leaving him, too but there's no mention of him. Peter has realised how much he loves Carla and he obviously doesn't care about Tina, so for him to even consider leaving everyone he loves to run off with her, sounds ridiculous to me. Maybe that's when he kills her? It also seems silly and pointless to have another scene with Peter promising Tina one thing and then not going through with it because of Carla. I think there must be more to it.

Then there's the bit about Carla revealing she's pregnant at Tracy's engagement party? Yet according to the script extract, when Rita is arguing with Tina about Peter, she doesn't mention that Carla's pregnant. At that point, it looks like Tina is still convinced that Peter loves her but she will inevitably find out that he has never loved her and that Carla is pregnant. How any of that makes Tracy a suspect is beyond me, though. Rob finding out about the affair and threatening to kill Peter makes sense I guess (someone did say they saw CG, MK and MB filming at a hotel a few weeks back) but surely Rob would tell Carla - unless he demands that Peter leaves first?

As awful as these spoilers sound, at least the end of the affair/Tina is near.

One of the make up artists tweeting about the night shoot said that they'd just filmed a very sad scene - and it appears they were still filming at 2am.:o Apparently, MK has two weeks left - would they have filmed Tina's death already?

I've enjoyed Corrie so far this week, though. CG and AK have been brilliant and the Steve and Peter scenes in the last ep were hilarious. I particularly enjoyed watching poor Steve try to nod off while Peter sobbed about Carla being the love of his life. It was great.:D

However, I would love to know why Tina looks so dumbfounded when Peter opts to avoid her if he's with Carla - especially when Tina is visibly fuming and decides to charge at him. For some reason she looks baffled when he doesn't stick around...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the last few things the DS have predicted have been right, plus all the other stuff (Rob's reaction, the fight with Rita etc) sound very plausible... I just do not understand how they'll be able to write in yet another epic U-turn like this and make it remotely believable.
    Forum Member
    I'm utterly bewildered. If all this is true I'm going to have to give up on SB completely. So once again we have a u-turn and the affair starts again? Surely this can't be correct. Not with Carla being pregnant, surely it would just make this weeks episodes and the up and coming ones absolutely pointless.
    The script extracts all sound plausible, although there is no script extract for the Peter stuff so I'm holding out hope. Please god if the affair begins again I will stop watching completely, and if Carla is the killer I don't know what I'll do.
    Also the affair must continue right up until her death and it ties in with the Rita extract as well as what Michelle said about the only good thing about her death being the end of the affair.
    Peter cheating on a pregnant Carla - just so done. No even worse, planning to leave a pregnant Carla. I'm begging they have their wires crossed in the parts they don't have script extracts from as there are some weird inconsistencies with the Tracey bits too. Anything but this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't make any sense though, not with what we've seen this week. I can only assume Peter does all this to keep her quiet.