Drag Me To Hell. Ch.5 Sun. 10pm.

manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
Forum Member
✭✭✭
First time on terrestrial TV. Looking forward to this as I've never seen it before.

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    First time on terrestrial TV. Looking forward to this as I've never seen it before.

I'll give it a go even if it's too similar to classic British horror film Night of The Demon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Demon
  • Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's Mary Whitehouse when you need her...
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought it needed more comedy moments. It was subtle comedy but not laugh out loud comedy apart from in a few places.

I thought it was good as in at least it was an old school horror. ok story, low budget - basically Raimi stuff.

But Alison Lohman is cute as a button. You couldn't imagine her doing anything bad :)
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4900000/Drag-Me-to-Hell-stills-horror-movies-4913899-1280-853.jpg
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip, might check it out.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good film. I'd recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it before as I think they might enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i seen it on dvd, but will probably tape it of i dont forget
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    9PM.

I didn't like it.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'My soul to take' is on straight after it, that's not too bad a film either from what I recall.
  • manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'My soul to take' is on straight after it, that's not too bad a film either from what I recall.

Now I wasn't going to bother staying up for that as I read somer bad IMDB reviews for it.

EDIT. Yep, 9pm for Drag Me To Hell, my mistake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good film until the goat sequence.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    This is one of the funniest horror films I have ever seen. so many funny moments, intentional and unintentional. I was in tears of laughter during the final scene.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its like a live action ghost train, great movie!
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch it in the dark with the volume high.

That's the best way to enjoy this movie.
    Forum Member

no, thats a crap film :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    This and Cabin in the wood are the two best horror films of recent years!
    Forum Member
    jalal wrote: »

this one is more tongue in cheek horror..I also need to watch CITW again , as i forgot what happens and it was ages ago i seen it
  • BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they have missed the opportunity to show Stu suffering some consequences for his nastiness, just saying that he's been fired is not good enough!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    jalal wrote: »

Yep. Completely agree.
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    It had a talking goat. Thats all you need to know about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was great. Really good. Great ending but can I ask a question please as I'm a bit confused. Do we assume that she just took the wrong envelope from the car or did the demon return it to the car somehow? I think the former! We saw her shove AN ENVELOPE in her mouth.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I thought this was great. Really good. Great ending but can I ask a question please as I'm a bit confused. Do we assume that she just took the wrong envelope from the car or did the demon return it to the car somehow? I think the former! We saw her shove AN ENVELOPE in her mouth.

She took the wrong envelope.

You SHAMED me! ...great line :)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was refreshingly old school in its approach.

But I do have one question. When she got the envelopes mixed up, what was actually in the one which she picked up thinking it was the one with the button in it?
    Because there was definitely something clearly button shaped in that envelope.
    Both envelopes had a button in them?:confused: I didn't get that.
    I'm not sure that the mix-up was explained properly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was refreshingly old school in its approach.

But I do have one question. When she got the envelopes mixed up, what was actually in the one which she picked up thinking it was the one with the button in it?
    Because there was definitely something clearly button shaped in that envelope.
    Both envelopes had a button in them?:confused: I didn't get that.
    I'm not sure that the mix-up was explained properly.

It wasn't explained at all. Why would she have a second envelope with something button shaped in it? :confused: Had a look on the IMDB pages and can't find an explanation there either. My son says his interpretation is that the demon somehow returned it to the car as she was meant to be the button's final owner and to die and couldn't change that and the guy who said she could was in fact wrong. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    She took the wrong envelope.

You SHAMED me! ...great line :)

Thanks. Yeah, great line.

Loved the car park bit. She was a strong old woman! :eek:

Also when she went unknowingly in to her wake. :eek: Thought it was overrall a great film. :)
  • bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't explained at all.

It was explained. Near the start of the film she presented her boyfriend (a coin collector/enthusiast) a rare coin. It was also brought up again later in the film (at the family meal?). This coin was sealed in an envelope for safe keeping.

The two envelopes got mixed up when the car came to a sudden halt and everything in the car went flying.
    My son says his interpretation is that the demon somehow returned it to the car as she was meant to be the button's final owner and to die and couldn't change that and the guy who said she could was in fact wrong.

Nope, she just got the envelopes with the coin and button mixed up.

All detailed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_Me_to_Hell