PS Vita 3g Deal!!

dalehitchydalehitchy Posts: 8,873
Forum Member
PS Vita 3G

8gb mem card with 10 games

Little Big Planet, Wipeout 2048, MotorStorm RC, Little Deviants, Frobisher Says! With Frobisher Says! fun pack, Ecolibrium with Ecolibrium Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs, Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Lemmings, Hungry Giraffe and Rotating Octopus.

£129 @ tesco

if you have ps plus you can also get

Touch My Katamari
Street Fighter X Tekken
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

What a Steal!

Comments

• darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    £139 if you go instore .
  • dalehitchydalehitchy Posts: 8,873
    Forum Member
    £139 if you go instore .

i did the 'new customer' online to get it for £129... and get to collect in store on monday
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    dalehitchy wrote: »
    i did the 'new customer' online to get it for £129... and get to collect in store on monday

Nice.

They said to me the 3G killzone bundle is also 139 in the shop.
    Forum Member
    Nice.

They said to me the 3G killzone bundle is also 139 in the shop.

i saw that too... im not a big fan of kilzone but still... good deal
    right in time for the ps4 too ^_^
  • Anime_FanAnime_Fan Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    This offer tempted me to buy a Vita until I read about all the restrictions around accounts etc....

In my case 3 people would use it (Me & my 2 kids) so we'd be constantly formatting the system each time we wanted to use it with our individual accounts.
    And with a lot of the games coming from my PS+ account they wouldn't be able to play a lot of the games.

So they can keep it :(

Seriously why not just allow a profile system like on the PS3? Couple profiles per system, Digital titles can be played on all accounts providing the account that owns it is on there.
    Makes more sense for people buying it as a family system used by few members of the family.
    Forum Member
    is there any reason why you need 3 accounts? can you not just create separate save files?
    Forum Member
    dalehitchy wrote: »
    is there any reason why you need 3 accounts? can you not just create separate save files?
    I don't believe every game supports multiple saves.

Plus we each like to use our own accounts for things like trophy's, friends lists, Digital purchases etc...

Just seems absurd the way sony have done it, Much better the way its done on the PS3 (And PS4), Surely not a difficult thing to implement.
    Maybe a contributing factor in why the Vita hasn't sold well, Its certainly put me right off buying one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anime_Fan wrote: »
    I don't believe every game supports multiple saves.

Plus we each like to use our own accounts for things like trophy's, friends lists, Digital purchases etc...

Just seems absurd the way sony have done it, Much better the way its done on the PS3 (And PS4), Surely not a difficult thing to implement.
    Maybe a contributing factor in why the Vita hasn't sold well, Its certainly put me right off buying one.

There's a different it's a portable gaming machine meant for one owner like a mobile phone.

A console is less so portable and meant for many owners like a house phone.

Buy one each or do what i do share it with your kids and tell them no playing this game or that game.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    There's a different it's a portable gaming machine meant for one owner like a mobile phone.

Buy one each or do what i do share it with your kids and tell them no playing this game or that game.

Your poor kids. Dying to play whatever but they can't until Daddy finishes it.
    Forum Member

I don't have the cash to buy one for each & even if I could it wouldn't get round the issue of having to buy a couple copies of each game since you can't do the game sharing for digital content & since as I said most of the content will come from my PS+ subscription.

I get that its a handheld & therefore different from a home console, But since it uses your PSN accounts & things like trophy's, friends lists, digital purchases etc... they should allow you to have a couple accounts on the system more like the PS3.

Its fine if you are the only person using the system, But if you have a family where a couple people will be sharing it the limitations are frankly pathetic & perhaps a part of why its not sold that well.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    why no

4G Vita

better camera front and back

Bigger HDD or SSD

FULL HD screen
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anime_Fan wrote: »
    I don't have the cash to buy one for each & even if I could it wouldn't get round the issue of having to buy a couple copies of each game since you can't do the game sharing for digital content & since as I said most of the content will come from my PS+ subscription.

I get that its a handheld & therefore different from a home console, But since it uses your PSN accounts & things like trophy's, friends lists, digital purchases etc... they should allow you to have a couple accounts on the system more like the PS3.

Its fine if you are the only person using the system, But if you have a family where a couple people will be sharing it the limitations are frankly pathetic & perhaps a part of why its not sold that well.

Just one small correction - PSN downloads can be played on 2 portable systems.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    why no

4G Vita

better camera front and back

Bigger HDD or SSD

FULL HD screen

Hardly anyone used the 3G functions, so 4G with its limited coverage and expensive tariffs seems pointless at the moment.

Not sure what you'd want a better cameras for - they are only really used for Skype and AR functions.

Bigger storage would be wonderful, but it will only add to the cost which is the last thing Vita needs right now.

Full HD screen? Totally pointless given the hardware inside.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    What exactly are the restrictions regarding using Digital stuff on the Vita?

For instance if me & my sister were to share a vita would she be able to play stuff that I had got as part of PS+ for example?

If that would be possible then we'll split the cost & i'll go down the road to Tesco & buy one Monday.
    If not then there's little point in us getting one since 90% of the games she wants is on my PS+ list & she's already said she doesn't want to play them on my account.

Out of interest is there actually a reason why Sony didn't have the option of gamer profiles with the Vita? Seems a bit silly to not have that option at all given all the cross platform features with PS3/4 consoles.

Could have at the very least made it easier to to use multiple PSN accounts on 1 system without having to swap memory cards or format the whole system or whatever you need to do.
    Forum Member
    Just one small correction - PSN downloads can be played on 2 portable systems.
    they can but only if you have the same psn account on both systems.

still would not allow my kids to play any of my digitally downloaded content on there own psn accounts which would still mean we would have to buy multiple copies of the same game.
    For instance if me & my sister were to share a vita would she be able to play stuff that I had got as part of PS+ for example?

If that would be possible then we'll split the cost & i'll go down the road to Tesco & buy one Monday.
    If not then there's little point in us getting one since 90% of the games she wants is on my PS+ list & she's already said she doesn't want to play them on my account.
    no.

save your cash for a ps4, vita isn't worth it for families or siblings unless you have the cash to buy the same games twice.

also shows why digital downloads are not as good as physical. you don't have these restrictions with physical media.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    just ordered this deal for £129 yesterday to go with a pre-ordered PS4 for my son for Xmas.
    anyone who has the deal could you tell me if you have to claim the free games, if so am i ok to leave it until Xmas to claim or am i better to open it and sort soon as i get it
  • AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Got myself one yesterday... excellent deal
  • lamblamlamblamblamlamb Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't find this deal anywere atm seem to have missed it :(
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't find this deal anywere atm seem to have missed it :(

Aye, looks like it's all sold out.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/sony-psvita-3g-and-wifi-console/215-4537.prd?pageLevel=&promoId=promo21090058&skuId=215-4537
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭