Line in and microphone sound not coming through PC speakers...

cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I used to use my Yamaha keyboard to record directly onto my computer and the sound from the keyboard would come through the speakers as I played it. Recently I've had to re-install Windows and the sound driver, and now when I play, the sound from the line in/keyboard does record onto the computer, but it doesn't play through the speakers as I record it. I've checked the settings and everything seems fine, I checked online for help, but to no avail. Anyone any ideas what else I can try? It does the same with the microphone, won't play through the speakers but does record onto the computer and plays back fine.

Computer: Dell Optiplex 745 computer on Windows XP.
Sound driver: Soundmax AudioESP

Comments

• LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Have you looked in volume control to make sure the mic and line in are not muted or turned right down ?
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    Have you looked in volume control to make sure the mic and line in are not muted or turned right down ?

Yep checked them and they are both top volume.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    You need to go into the playback mixer rather than the recording one, then un-mute the line-in/mic input.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    You need to go into the playback mixer rather than the recording one, then un-mute the line-in/mic input.

It's already un-muted and turned up to full volume. It records from the line in and microphone onto the PC fine, it just doesn't play it through the speakers as I record.
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What program are you using to record?