Vodafone coverage improvent

sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
Forum Member
So we've been on holiday at got back home late last night.

3G coverage before holiday was good with speeds about 2.5mb

i noticed that now i have full signal bars and a speed test says i am upto 6-7mb

any idea why they might have improved our local 3G, we wont be on the map for 4G for any of 2014 id have thought, so cant be preparation for that.

Comments

• JFCJFC Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Upgraded from 3G HSPA+ to DC HSPA I would imagine. If so you should be getting 20 - 30mb in the early hours of the morning when there are few people using it
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sethpet wrote: »

i noticed that now i have full signal bars and a speed test says i am upto 6-7mb

any idea why they might have improved our local 3G, we wont be on the map for 4G for any of 2014 id have thought, so cant be preparation for that.
    JFC wrote: »
    Upgraded from 3G HSPA+ to DC HSPA I would imagine. If so you should be getting 20 - 30mb in the early hours of the morning when there are few people using it

What device have you got ? I would expect it far more likely that 3G900 has just been turned on in your area if you suddenly have full bars of signal as 6-7Mb is pretty slow on full bars for DC-HSPA.
  • sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Nokia 920
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What area so you live?
  • sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Just on Hampshire/Wiltshire border
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nokia 920

Nice phone one of the few that will work even when 900 and 2100MHz are refarmed for 4G in the future. Certainly could be they turned on 3G900 but might be they turned DC-HSDPA on I not exactly sure only thing I can advise to check is to do some speed tests early morning or late at night if you get 10-14mb you know which it is but could be both if you noticing increased coverage.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Switching to DC is unlikely to improve coverage. Maybe an O2 site is now also Voda or that 900 has been switched on?
  • beecartbeecart Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where are you?
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought you were all moaning minnies when it came to 3G and Vodaphone.

I can confirm that I was wrong as far as Cornwall goes. 3G coverage was nearly non-existent for 95% of my holiday, GPRS or no signal was the normal. By comparison the Mrs Orange 3G coverage was superb.

Erm, not sure why I posted this.

Disgruntled of Swindon.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Perhaps because you're disgruntled :)
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Yeah, sounds like 900 to me!