iPhone (3GS) being weird!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
Forum Member
✭✭
This only happened as of this morning. The ringer makes no noise at all and neither does the alarm, and the phone only vibrates when plugged in to the USB on my laptop. What on earth?! :confused:

Comments

• draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to a mate of mine yesterday, who posted the problem on various iPhone message boards until he realised he'd flicked the Ring / Silent switch to Silent by mistake.

Jeff, is that you ? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    draig goch wrote: »
    This happened to a mate of mine yesterday, who posted the problem on various iPhone message boards until he realised he'd flicked the Ring / Silent switch to Silent by mistake.

Jeff, is that you ? :D

I have done that myself in the past, but that is not the case this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My iphone 4 sounds been not working since I updated to ios 6 funny thing is the ringer works but not text alerts or music news video but they work through headphones from searching the Web a think kt cos of ios 6 at first a thought it was becoming around the same time it dropped in half a cup of tea hopefully it is a software glitch not there be a fix soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My iphone 4 sounds been not working since I updated to ios 6 funny thing is the ringer works but not text alerts or music news video but they work through headphones from searching the Web a think kt cos of ios 6 at first a thought it was becoming around the same time it dropped in half a cup of tea hopefully it is a software glitch not there be a fix soon

I turned my phone off then turned it back on again, and that worked - perhaps you should that! :D If not, perhaps reset the phone, making sure all your media is stored in your iTunes library. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to fix by jailbreaking it installing ifile and following a YouTube video which using ifile deleted a daemon file name that worked :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to fix by jailbreaking it installing ifile and following a YouTube video which using ifile deleted a daemon file name that worked :)

Ber-limey! :eek: Ah well, I'm glad you got it sorted! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now hacked siri onto it but so far it only seems to work in the daytime