Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rain-gods-dvd-minisode-53349.htm

Well you can certainly see the limited budget Gaiman mentions :D

Comments

• tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does he seem like he's getting more and more involved with the show? That's not a bad thing though, I think he's great, even though Nightmare In Silver was disappointing. At first he just seems like a one off, then a big writer who returned for another episode but since then I keep reading articles and stuff with him sharing his views and stuff and it does sound like he's becoming a bigger part of the Doctor Who team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it when we see the Doctor get into these sorts of predicaments, where they're not so much an entire adventure, but rather a crazy distraction from the normal world-threatening adventures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    Is it just me or does he seem like he's getting more and more involved with the show? That's not a bad thing though, I think he's great, even though Nightmare In Silver was disappointing. At first he just seems like a one off, then a big writer who returned for another episode but since then I keep reading articles and stuff with him sharing his views and stuff and it does sound like he's becoming a bigger part of the Doctor Who team.

AFAIK this scene was originally planned and written for The Doctor's Wife, but it didn't get into teh episode or something.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK this scene was originally planned and written for The Doctor's Wife, but it didn't get into teh episode or something.

A version was the original start to the story for The Doctor, Amy & Rory. The big difference being that the Timelord distress beacon created the distraction instead.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else think that when the Doctor said "Just looking on the bright side, dear!" he sounded just like Basil Fawlty? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Clearly the Doctor has had a few gins in this scene :-)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Inforarium

The Third of the Minisodes from the Series 7 DVD.

The Inforarium

The Inforarium

• TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    The Inforarium

The Inforarium

The Inforarium

What's that you're trying to tell us, boy? The kids are stuck in the well?
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My monocle fell into my soup when the two Jennas said they had to share a bed. Blimey!
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Liked the Jenna one best.

The first one just presents The Doctor and River like a bickering married couple, something I've hated about their relationship as it's just too....annoying.
    Especially when they are played by a child and someone old enough to be his grandmother.
    (Wish they'd saved the River arc for 12 in a way)

The last one is a rip off of the "So, what is it?" scene from Red Dwarf's White Hole (Or the myriad of other sci-fi series that hae time loop eps, but I saw RD first so I'm going to pretend it deserves credit :p )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I loved the river one, they are a wonderful couple because she calls him out on his last minute saving the day antics
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The first one just presents The Doctor and River like a bickering married couple, something I've hated about their relationship as it's just too....annoying.
    Especially when they are played by a child and someone old enough to be his grandmother.

The last one is a rip off of the "So, what is it?" scene from Red Dwarf's White Hole (Or the myriad of other sci-fi series that hae time loop eps, but I saw RD first so I'm going to pretend it deserves credit :p )

I've never seen Red Dwarf and it 's been used in other
    shows/films - but what hasn't? I wish they'd put some of these minisodes on air instead of some of the scenes that were broadcast. They're a bit like the 'extras' in films like Lord of the Rings, some of the bits missed out actually explain things better than what's left in.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly the Doctor has had a few gins in this scene :-)
    He did seem a tipsy Doctor:D
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Matt is 30, Alex is 50, in what way is she old enough to be his grandmother?
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    The Inforarium

The Inforarium

The Inforarium

Who's the actor in this with Matt?
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Ranking them, I'd say ...

Clara And The TARDIS
    Rain Gods
    The Inforarium
  • Paul_MarlandPaul_Marland Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The actor in The Inforarium is Laurence Saunders

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1063422/
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rain Gods was a mildly amusing scene, but the other two, as they are right now, are unwatchable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talma wrote: »
    I've never seen Red Dwarf

If you get the chance, it's well worth a watch, especially series 3-6, where as well as being a comedy they really started to explore sci-fi concepts, sometimes in a very original way. Parallel universes, white holes, emotion-feeding genetically-engineered lifeforms, justice fields where the crimes you commit happen to you, and curry monsters.
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    If you get the chance, it's well worth a watch, especially series 3-6, where as well as being a comedy they really started to explore sci-fi concepts, sometimes in a very original way. Parallel universes, white holes, emotion-feeding genetically-engineered lifeforms, justice fields where the crimes you commit happen to you, and curry monsters.

Just leave your tv tuned into Dave, you'll soon see some!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we need a Thread Merge or what?