WiiU E-shop?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a few questions about to expect from the E-shop

What games are on there now?
What consoles is it going to support? GBA? Gamecube?
What day of the week do nintendo update the store?

Comments

• MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment, in addition to the boxed retail games like NSMBU, Zombi U, etc. there's also eshop exclusive games like Trine 2, Nano Assault Neo, Little Inferno, Chasing Aurora, Puddle - there's also apps for YouTube, LoveFilm and Netflix....

There's no Virtual Console yet, but surely it's only a matter of time....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn i was hoping to download a few classic to go with the one game i'm getting on birthday, have to wait till christmas for the rest :(
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Also be warned that you can only download 18+ Rated Games between 11PM and 3AM in the UK. You can tell Nintendo are new to this Online Service thing. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Also be warned that you can only download 18+ Rated Games between 11PM and 3AM in the UK. You can tell Nintendo are new to this Online Service thing. :p

I read about that and not only is it ridiculous but it's also confusing

surely the parental locks when prevent access to 18 rated content 24 hours a day

does it mean that children can view the content at night regardless of parental locks? with all the parental locks active can the content be viewed at any time or is the content blocked until night no matter what settings you use

hell i don't even have kids but it seems like this could annoying fast if there isn't a way to buy content i want until night when i could of been playing it for the entire day

you also have to think about the fact the WiiU will need to be left on while it downloads and to be honest i wouldn't want to start a download at 11.05pm and then stay up just to turn the console off once its downloaded as i'd be to tired to even play

its like they are making full games available on E-shop only to then make so much more appealing to just buy a hard copy, if its not a 8/32GB harddrive when some games are over 10GB, then its download restrictions

sorry to rant about this but its so stupid its needs to be ranted about
  • EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Damn i was hoping to download a few classic to go with the one game i'm getting on birthday, have to wait till christmas for the rest :(

The Wii VC is still there under the Wii mode, but has no console newer than the N64
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EELover wrote: »
    The Wii VC is still there under the Wii mode, but has no console newer than the N64

:( i don't plan to get a wii mote and nunchuck i hated them with the Wii so getting them this would make no sense and my friends can bring their own if they want multiplayer

i also wanted to play the classics on the gamepad, so i guess it's just a matter of playing the waiting game till nintendo makes it happen
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    :( i don't plan to get a wii mote and nunchuck i hated them with the Wii so getting them this would make no sense and my friends can bring their own if they want multiplayer

i also wanted to play the classics on the gamepad, so i guess it's just a matter of playing the waiting game till nintendo makes it happen

They really should of tried to get the Wii VC e-shop on launch. Access to all those titles would make a huge difference to what is avaliable.

Same with the 3DS though. It baffles me that there is still no VC and no option to buy snes games. This is literally free money to nintendo!!

Burying the Wii VC in there is silly as most people wont even know its there.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They better make a WiiU VC of some sort. I don't want to use the Wii one.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrubber wrote: »
    They better make a WiiU VC of some sort. I don't want to use the Wii one.

Iwata has already recognised that he knows people want that. I think it will happen but can take time. As I understand it the VC nintendo use isnt just an emulator. They basically need to map each game individually to the Wii U.
  • lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

It's nothing to do with Nintendo that, it's due to laws in Germany. They can't restrict it to Germany only so the whole if Europe has to suffer because of it.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lym wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with Nintendo that, it's due to laws in Germany. They can't restrict it to Germany only so the whole if Europe has to suffer because of it.

as NOE is based in GroBenhain