Prof Raj Persaud is on twitter

SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Raj is so quiet nowadays ever since he was screwed over by the 'Church' of Scientology. However he is about. Now writes articles on his blog and for Huffington Post. I notice he sometimes co-writes the article with someone else - does he need a minder?

Anyway he's tweeted nearly 400 times but only has 240 followers. Shall we see if we can get him up to 500 by the end of the weekend?

https://twitter.com/DrRajPersaud

Comments

• deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did he get ditched from "This Morning"? Can you tell it's been years since I watched? :p
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was found guilty of dishonesty and bringing the profession into disrepute, but I didn't know he had a run in with the con of scientology.

Are you sure that was him and you are not thinking of John Sweeney?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmm, I always liked Raj and was mystified when he was accused of plagiarism. But it does happen and is taken very seriously in academic circles. Didn't know about any link with Scientology, though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Mmm, I always liked Raj and was mystified when he was accused of plagiarism. But it does happen and is taken very seriously in academic circles. Didn't know about any link with Scientology, though!

Yeah, he wrote a hostile article about Scientology and psychiatry (as you know, they're not keen on shrinks, to say the least) in the Independent in 2005 and was accused of plagiarising several passages from someone else.
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, he wrote a hostile article about Scientology and psychiatry (as you know, they're not keen on shrinks, to say the least) in the Independent in 2005 and was accused of plagiarising several passages from someone else.

They went after him when he did that. Ruined his career. It's time he was rehabilitated and back on the TV.