Eleven's Wig in the Xmas Special

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Going by what I saw of BBC3's "Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide" - which was bookended by two scenes, in which 11 is wearing his wig .... I'm going to find it a grotesque distraction to Matt Smith's swan song episode.

It's very clearly a wig. A bad wig. It has no natural hair movement... and just sits there, utterly rigid, like a photograph of a wave. A fixed point in time, made of hair.

Anyway, it's terrible. I actually kinda wish they'd simply written his buzz cut into the script. :(

Even a River Song wig would've looked better on him.

Comments

• BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I actually thought this myself. There was something off with his appearance that was bugging me until I realised. It's also lighter than his natural colour too. Almost gingery brown
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    Yup will ruin his regeneration. They would have been best to write in a buzz cut into the story. Way too distracting. Couldn't concentrate on the story.
  • BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    It did look ok in the set pics though. Maybe it wasn't done to the standards of the Christmas episode and done quickly because it was just for 5 minutes? Who knows.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a tribute to McCoy's.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Yup will ruin his regeneration. They would have been best to write in a buzz cut into the story. Way too distracting. Couldn't concentrate on the story.

River at the end of the Library two-parter:
    All the time we've been together, you knew I was coming here. The last time I saw you, the real you — the future you, I mean — you turned up on my doorstep, with a new haircut and a suit. You took me to Darillium to see the singing towers. Oh, what a night that was! The towers sang and you cried. You wouldn't tell me why, but I suppose you knew it was time. My time.

Surely Moff will work this in? Crying because he knows it's time for both of them...
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. They might as well not broadcast the episode. Its rubbish already. Ruined. Just skip straight to Capaldi and have a title card to explain what's happened. Its best for all of us.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They may correct the colour in post-production.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a tribute to McCoy's.

LOL! =D
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looked fine to me.

Maybe it will his hands out of his hair for once!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    Going by what I saw of BBC3's "Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide" - which was bookended by two scenes, in which 11 is wearing his wig .... I'm going to find it a grotesque distraction to Matt Smith's swan song episode.

It's very clearly a wig. A bad wig. It has no natural hair movement... and just sits there, utterly rigid, like a photograph of a wave. A fixed point in time, made of hair.

Anyway, it's terrible. I actually kinda wish they'd simply written his buzz cut into the script. :(

Even a River Song wig would've looked better on him.
    Why does it bother you? You're not watching the show any more, right?
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    Looked fine to me.

tbh, I doubt most people would even have noticed if they didn't know in advance it was a wig.
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't he have been almost subjected to alien brain surgery or something and had his head shaved before Clara could rescue him.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Going in and out of your own time stream has the side effect of your hair falling out
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit that it was distracting as it was so obvious that it was a wig. :(
    Hopefully they have done a better job with the wig for the Christmas Episode.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who donated the hair, I wonder?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who donated the hair, I wonder?

Karen Gillan's wig was made out of her own hair, maybe Smith kept his as well and the BBC Hair and Make up people made a wig out of it.