Underrated Icons

13»

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats fine. Imo she was underrated and may not match her success but still changed history so for that reason i think shes underrated.

i respect your opinion. there is no right or wrong answers and the thread is called underrated icons. the spice girls were popular cultural icons without a doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i respect your opinion. there is no right or wrong answers and the thread is called underrated icons. the spice girls were popular cultural icons without a doubt.

Thank you :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabala wrote: »
    I hadn't realised you knew my exact motivations for commenting. I am interested, so good one.

I was actually intrigued to know what songs she had written. I have a soft spot for them, I was just the right age for them at the time.

sorry, i must have confused you with a poster that moaned constantly about another fm for always posting about female artists. my mistake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't realised you knew my exact motivations for commenting. I am interested, so good one.

I was actually intrigued to know what songs she had written. I have a soft spot for them, I was just the right age for them at the time.

Stop and Viva Forever were mostly written by Geri. Awell as If U Cant Dance, The Lady is A Vamp, Too Much to name a few of the songs of Spice Girls. I read that in a Spice girls book and Geri herself has stated so.
  • FabalaFabala Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    sorry, i must have confused you with a poster that moaned constantly about another fm for always posting about female artists. my mistake.

I am a moany git on occasion but I am interested in this particular topic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop and Viva Forever were mostly written by Geri. Awell as If U Cant Dance, The Lady is A Vamp, Too Much to name a few of the songs of Spice Girls. I read that in a Spice girls book and Geri herself has stated so.

I used to do the dance routine to Stop with my friends. Probably my favourite one of theirs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a moany git on occasion but I am interested in this particular topic.

fair enough.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to do the dance routine to Stop with my friends. Probably my favourite one of theirs.

I still know that routine now and im sure Geri came up with that routine aswell. Shame she left as i often wonder what would have been the third album instead of Forever. Schizophonic does sound like a Spice Girls album. And a Geri song on Scream If You Wanna Go faster called Dont Call Me Baby does remind me of Stop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still know that routine now and im sure Geri came up with that routine aswell. Shame she left as i often wonder what would have been the third album instead of Forever. Schizophonic does sound like a Spice Girls album. And a Geri song on Scream If You Wanna Go faster called Dont Call Me Baby does remind me of Stop.

I have vague memories of them doing an appearance on the national lottery without Geri claiming she was ill and then it was announced she had left. I was gutted, must've been around 9 or 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have vague memories of them doing an appearance on the national lottery without Geri claiming she was ill and then it was announced she had left. I was gutted, must've been around 9 or 10.

Yeah she already left and i think they were hoping to change her mind. I was gutted to took a long time to get over it and when all five reunited i dont care as much as i use to. I was nice to see them all back together on stage.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariah carey