The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 33)

Comments

• SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    butlerny wrote: »
    I know but im Buttling at a charity event/dinner tonight for Martletts somewhere else she arrives at 2pm hope she looked at her tweets ..
    Im 46 so should know better but I AM GUTTED lol :eek::D

So did she perform? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna hear Blank Page in full and I don't mind if it's Sia singing.........
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Looks like there will be some kind of feature involving Leona on BBC in the week leading up to the Hackney concert.
    Leona Lewis visited Chats with BBC for a trip down memory lane. Exciting & it'll be on BBC w/c 18 June! She used to come to dance classes.

https://twitter.com/chatspalace/statuses/198838808907747329

(She also visited her primary school recently with a film crew.) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love seeing Glassheart #5 on the preorder chart for HMV already! :D I don't know about Amazon or Play though.
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeteJK wrote: »
    I love seeing Glassheart #5 on the preorder chart for HMV already! :D I don't know about Amazon or Play though.

It certainly should help the first week sales a bit. I don't think any album has ever been available to pre-order for what will presumably over a year before the release.
  • poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    It certainly should help the first week sales a bit. I don't think any album has ever been available to pre-order for what will presumably over a year before the release.

I think Glassheart will be the album with most pre-orders of all time.

10.000 pre-orders each year * 40 = 400.000
    Release: in 2052

Was there ever an album who had more than 400.000 pre-orders? :D
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Glassheart will be the album with most pre-orders of all time.

10.000 pre-orders each year * 40 = 400.000
    Release: in 2052

Was there ever an album who had more than 400.000 pre-orders? :D
    Yes didnt madonnas mdna album have alot of preorders in the usa?
  • NewDayNewDay Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is Syco's plan all along. Let the pre-orders reach half a million and then release. :D
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,245
    Forum Member
    CROATIA wrote: »
    OMG Leona looks gorgeous, both picts :eek::D

EDIT:

If BlankPage is not for Leona I hope that Sia will give that song to Christina
    ...she's also releasing new album later this year...
    I need Christina to belt, shout, screech and oversing that song on some big awards show :cool:

NO :rolleyes: Christina's voice is demaged. I love Sia's vocals in this song. She should release it lol :p
    Xtina just screams and oversings songs. She would ruin it. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Britains Got More Talent and in the adbreak an advertisement about a new album called Voices appeared, and Run was the first featured song that played! Made me happy! :D
    Edit: That's it: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/voices/id518405000
    Forum Member
    I think we've never seen this performance of Somewhere over the Rainbow at Simon Cowells This is your life after party :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppIpeftQhlE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO :rolleyes: Christina's voice is demaged. I love Sia's vocals in this song. She should release it lol :p
    Xtina just screams and oversings songs. She would ruin it. :cool:

Yes, if Leona doesn't get it then no one gets it.. except for Sia cause she made a masterpiece
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do love Sia's vocals on that snippet and would love to hear the song in full sung by her.
  • poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blank Page is so amazing.

Haven't heard such a special ballad in a long time.

It's a shame that Leona doesn't get to sing it.

Blank Page is sooo out of this world, just incredible.

----

This is the ballad Leona would have needed.

I don't want to hear a rock-indie ballad or hurt-run-ballad.
    And I don't want to hear a rnb ballad.
  • tburke644tburke644 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    does anyone think Sia was just being sarcastic when she said "no.. it's for another artist".?? haha i know this is just wishful thinking... but there was a lot of talk about "Blank Page" and Sia did say she's worked with Leona... I hope she was being sarcastic!!! She probably wasn't though! haha lol I just really liked the "Blank Page" snippet... and I do have a strange feeling it will still be on the album!
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One person on another forum said he heard both recorded versions (Sia's and Leona's ) in late 2011....he liked Sia's version more
  • amo1980amo1980 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One person on another forum said he heard both recorded versions (Sia's and Leona's ) in late 2011....he liked Sia's version more

From the clip it does sound like Sia's version will be great... i hope that whoever gets to record / release it is good... it sounds like it could be a great song... obviously its a shame that it may not be a hit for leona, but letting a great song go could mean that they have even bigger things planned (the positive part of me thinks so anyway!) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well.. That's impossible! :eek:
    Forum Member

I remember someone said it but it was about Mountains not Blank Page, I think.
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really disappointed about Blank Page: mainly because that Guardian article had got me so excited in anticipation! I would be happy if Sia released it but not if it was given to another artist. That would be wrong! Then Sia and Emile would have both taken back tracks 'it seems' they intended at one point for Leona. In their rights, but an unlucky situation - if you lost two of the big tracks for the album you would have to delay it wouldn't you! Maybe at the end of the day Leona needs to work on her songwriting so she can have more control over the outcome of her recordings....
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I'm a bit late on this, but last night I saw an advert for an album that's being released called VOICES - The greatest voices of all time, and Leona's on it, with a snippet of Run being played at the start of the ad, thought that was quite nice :)
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember someone said it but it was about Mountains not Blank Page, I think.

No, it was about BP, I saw it 3 days ago on ATRL :)
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    PeteJK wrote: »

Oh wow I didn't even realise it was number 5 on the pre order chart. :D

I mean Cheryl and Tulisa's are like 20 and 21 and they are out wayy before Glassheart!

I take it this is a good sign? I'm unaware with how the Pre Order chart works - does add to first week sales?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Oh wow I didn't even realise it was number 5 on the pre order chart. :D

I mean Cheryl and Tulisa's are like 20 and 21 and they are out wayy before Glassheart!

I take it this is a good sign? I'm unaware with how the Pre Order chart works - does add to first week sales?

I'm not sure how it works either but I'm guessing it'll help the first week of sales massively.
    Being open for Preorder for over a year will definitely help the sales!
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,198
    Forum Member
    Leona tried to get angry at Kanye in a polite way
    LOL :D
This discussion has been closed.