Ray fans

Comments

• Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray Superfan Quiz from Ray Quinn World :)

http://www.quiz.biz/quizz-682669.html

I got 21 out of 25 :cool:
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the links.
    I loved the Staying Alive routine.

I am hoping that Ray and Maria will dance Rock around the Clock or the Flamenco from this years show. Both were fantastic.

I will be sad if Ray doesnt win.
    It will seem somehow such a let down for the show if the best technical and performance "dancer on ice" contestant doesn't win the All Stars.

I like Hayley and I like Beth. Both come across as lovely people.
    I've loved watching their performances - but good though they are - they are not in the same league as Ray.
    He has been the best novice ice dancer across the whole 9 series.

For the show to be won on popularity would be sad and a bit embarrassing really.
    I wouldnt want to be a contestant who won over him - I would know in my heart that he was the best and should have won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Ray's winning all the polls online but as its vote to win I hope people don't assume he'll get to the top two and vote for their favourite girl first
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it wouldn't be the same if either Beth or Hayley won. That's why I believe Hayley and Beth were in 1st and 3rd place on Sunday, with Ray and Sam 2nd and 4th. (Hayley was given a beautiful routine with emotive music to justify giving her top marks). To put Ray in the skate off and give his complacent supporters a wake up call.

Chris said on Sunday with Ray and Maria, they don't need to choreograph to their strengths, they just choreograph. In other words he and Jayne have the freedom to do what they like and Ray and Maria will perform it. They can't do that with Beth and Hayley.

So he really would be the best winner for the show, and the final series would finish on a high :)
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I agree it wouldn't be the same if either Beth or Hayley won. That's why I believe Hayley and Beth were in 1st and 3rd place on Sunday, with Ray and Sam 2nd and 4th. (Hayley was given a beautiful routine with emotive music to justify giving her top marks). To put Ray in the skate off and give his complacent supporters a wake up call.

Chris said on Sunday with Ray and Maria, they don't need to choreograph to their strengths, they just choreograph. In other words he and Jayne have the freedom to do what they like and Ray and Maria will perform it. They can't do that with Beth and Hayley. So he really would be the best winner for me, and the final series would finish on a high :)

Of course I feel the same, but I know the public vote on so many reasons and plenty of them have got nothing to do with that. I can accept him not winning, as I know a lot of it is just down to popularity, most people realise that and most people already know he is the better ice dancer. But if he doesn't reach the final two and get to do the bolero, I really will think its a travesty. I don't usually feel so strongly about reality show finals, as I know what its like, but Ray is just SO good, that a Champion of Champion finals at least deserves to have him dancing the final skate, even if he doesn't win it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if you had to chose one routine for Ray on Sunday night, what would it be?

I'd go for Bailamos from first series.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've been watching bits of the 2010 tour, thanks to a previous link. Do we know why Ray wasn't dancing with Maria that year?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching bits of the 2010 tour, thanks to a previous link. Do we know why Ray wasn't dancing with Maria that year?

Because Maria was skating with Gary Lucy who was runner up that year so Ray had to change partners and dance with Alex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    So if you had to chose one routine for Ray on Sunday night, what would it be?

I'd go for Bailamos from first series.

I have so many favourites, You Make it Real is my absolute favourite but i would choose rock around the clock as i think it would get votes
    But from an interview Ray did this week it sounds like its a routine from this series he's doing. I have a feeling he'll do his Flamenco routine from this series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have so many favourites, You Make it Real is my absolute favourite but i would choose rock around the clock as i think it would get votes
    But from an interview Ray did this week it sounds like its a routine from this series he's doing. I have a feeling he'll do his Flamenco routine from this series

Great choice if so :D

Surely it would get a higher score than Jai Ho, it has far more content for one thing. Robin and Karen should for the skating alone?
  • coral_janecoral_jane Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone for links and for giving Ray his own thread. I agree, Ray just has to get to do his Bolero routine! He's the top man whatever happens and I for one don't want to see only the two women dancing this iconic piece.

Vote everyone, vote vote vote....

So many good routines, I'm trying to remember the one that made Karen cry - which was that anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coral_jane wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for links and for giving Ray his own thread. I agree, Ray just has to get to do his Bolero routine! He's the top man whatever happens and I for one don't want to see only the two women dancing this iconic piece.

So many good routines, I'm trying to remember the one that made Karen cry - which was that anyone?

I think it was the one Ray and Maria choreographed - they did it the week after the Duel :confused:

Ray has tweeted:

Ray Quinn ‏@therealRayQuinn 1h
    Yet another day over @dancingonice so sad it's gonna be over soon! But I'm so excited for Sunday! You guys are in for a right treat!!! 😉

I really wish they would do a final series DVD :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This one:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMz8rNo9z84
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the one :D

So beautiful and expressive. They've cut the judges comments off :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the one :D

So beautiful and expressive. They've cut the judges comments off :(

Heres a better quality one with comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZmXG9fBN88
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you :)
  • coral_janecoral_jane Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Thank you humpty dumpty. I too have so many favourites but that one was up there! Wouldn't it be great to have a DVD of all Ray & Maria's performances?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you humpty dumpty. I too have so many favourites but that one was up there! Wouldn't it be great to have a DVD of all Ray & Maria's performances?

I guess if you have the know how it's possible to put YouTube clips onto a disc :confused:

I wouldn't know how though.

That's why it would be great to have a series DVD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would love it! I've watched practically all of his performances at least 3 times each. One which I'd love to see, but can't find, is his performance to 'Shes the one'... the end of it in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Ylji_rnII

Has anyone seen it? A DVD with all the performances would be a great help:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Look how wonderfully graceful that is, the way they flow over the ice, and all the small details. How can anyone that can skate and perform like that not win?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look how wonderfully graceful that is, the way they flow over the ice, and all the small details. How can anyone that can skate and perform like that not win?

Totally agree Patti-Ann that was so beautiful. They are so lovely together.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    He's just poetry in motion, isn't he? The other contestants are just not in the same league.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    He's just poetry in motion, isn't he? The other contestants are just not in the same league.

That's about the size of it.

Even when I've seen others (Kyran, Suzanne, Sam) do things that Ray hasn't done/can't do, it hasn't mattered because what Ray's done is so much smoother, better performed and better put together than anything the aforementioned have produced this series that it's irrelevant.

As for anything that Beth or (hahahaha) Hayley has produced - erm... well - I really don't know what they're looking at.

I have no issue with those who admit Ray is best (overall) but prefer someone else (even if I don't understand why they do ;-)). I am totally baffled by those who think either Hayley are Beth are best overall. Usually I'd let opinion reign. However, here, opinion is completely wrong.