Fuzzy Lines Output for DVD Recording

singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have noticed fuzzy lines appearing through the signal of my DVD player. Any ideas why these have appeared. They are getting recorded aswell.
I have connected DVD to Sky with a scart. The TV is connected to the DVD with a HDMI lead. I have changed the leads with new ones and still the same. Any ideas?Thanks.

Comments

• singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Cheap unscreened scart lead, 2 of em as you've changed it.

Sorry?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I need to buy another one. I already did, it was high quality too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000N8E294/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I suppose that is not good enough. So I need a unscreened one.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    singhss1 wrote: »
    So I need to buy another one. I already did, it was high quality too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000N8E294/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I suppose that is not good enough. So I need a unscreened one.
    No you do not need to buy another one. And most certainly do not want an unscreened one. What Winston_1 meant was he thought you were using cheap and nasty unscreened cables, not that you should be using them!

Unscreened SCARTs only make problems like this worse never better.

Just for clarification. Do you only get the fuzzy lines when the DVD is switched to the Sky input? Is the output of the DVD clean when playing a commercial disk or using it's internal tuner (assuming it gets Freeview and you have an aerial hooked up).

If whatever you watch on the DVD is affected then it could be the HDMI and nothing to do with the SCART.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »

Do you only get the fuzzy lines when the DVD is switched to the Sky input? Is the output of the DVD clean when playing a commercial disk or using it's internal tuner (assuming it gets Freeview and you have an aerial hooked up).

If whatever you watch on the DVD is affected then it could be the HDMI and nothing to do with the SCART.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought my gold scart was high quality. When watching the freeview and DVDs, it is fine. It is only when you go to the AV1 for Sky does the picture be fuzzy. I notice it when I put a radio channel on or when the screen is blue. So I wonder what it is?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it only on the radio channels or blue screen or does it happen on the TV channels regardless of what's on the screen?

Does the Sky box have two SCARTs on it or just the one? If it's got two try swapping the DVD connection to the other one. Also depending on the options available, try switching the DVD between RGB and composite video modes. If there are two SCARTs on the Sky box it's possible only the "TV" SCART does RGB, the "VCR" SCART may only do Composite. And of course the DVD also has o be capable of RGB in on the SCART.

Also if the DVD has more than one SCART wired for input (some have one in one out) try the other SCART on the DVD.

Basically it's trying to narrow down what's causing the problem. It could be the video mode you are using or the SCART socket on either the Sky box or DVD. It's just a case of trying the various combinations available to narrow down what is causing the problem.

It can also help if you have another source to try in place of the Sky box. That would help determine if it's the Sky box or the recorder.