Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boq wrote: »
    They are not well liked in Great Harwood at all. We were there for a funeral and the wake was held in a pub on their road. That's where I was told about their daily drives to the pie shop. Apparently they act as though they are A listers and anybody that doesn't treat them as such is just jealous.

I'm gutted that I never saw their televisual treats, but each time I go to Great Harwood I hope for a glimpse of them. So far no joy.

That's made me chuckle. How big is Great Harwood? Like Sunset Boulevard their fame :rolleyes: is enormous, it's just the location got smaller. A listers in Great Harwood, -Z everywhere else.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those who need their fix every episode of The Chunkies Last Chance is being repeated on Bio from 8.00 am on December 31st! :D

Yay! I'm not going out this year so I might just settle down and have a Chawner night equipped with the essential Chawner survival kit of: pies, sausages, oven chips, cheese (big Audrey sized blocks, preferably buy one get one free), lucozade, full sugar pop and sambucca! (but no pears as we know how Aud feels about them) :cool:

I'll have to remember though to put food in a bowl though and hold it as close to my mouth as possible - eating Audrey style! Then I might have a fart as I'm going upstairs just to finish the night off in style :cool:
    They are not well liked in Great Harwood at all. We were there for a funeral and the wake was held in a pub on their road. That's where I was told about their daily drives to the pie shop. Apparently they act as though they are A listers and anybody that doesn't treat them as such is just jealous.

I'm gutted that I never saw their televisual treats, but each time I go to Great Harwood I hope for a glimpse of them. So far no joy.

:D You really couldn't make them up!
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Yay! I'm not going out this year so I might just settle down and have a Chawner night equipped with the essential Chawner survival kit of: pies, sausages, oven chips, cheese (big Audrey sized blocks, preferably buy one get one free), lucozade, full sugar pop and sambucca! (but no pears as we know how Aud feels about them) :cool:

I'll have to remember though to put food in a bowl though and hold it as close to my mouth as possible - eating Audrey style! Then I might have a fart as I'm going upstairs just to finish the night off in style :cool:

:D You really couldn't make them up!

I'm just picturing this! :D:D:D
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest:D The Chawners genuinely believe they are proper, bona fide celebrities, and anyone who says anything otherwise, is merely jealous of their humongous fame.

Emma Chawner once tweeted that one of the downsides to being famous, was having a person pretending to be her on twitter - I think the pretender called herself @EmmaChawner, whereas the real Emma Chawner called herself @emmaxfactor :rolleyes: The pretender could also spell, and wrote coherent, literate sentences of 140 words, whereas Emma's tweets consist of "hi how ru *insert famous person's name* lv em" to every a, b, c and z lister on the planet.:D
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those who need their fix every episode of The Chunkies Last Chance is being repeated on Bio from 8.00 am on December 31st! :D

Thats my new year's eve sorted then:D

Do we know if series 1 and 2 are going to be repeated?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Just had a read of Phil's Twitter account - have to say, it makes comical viewing!

The first post (which is clearly from where his account has come under attack from one of those spam viruses) says 'Lose weight, burn the fat off your belly, no diet changes and no exercise' - it could quite easily be a Chawner post though - Lose weight the Chawner way - Make minimal lifestyle changes, and don't worry if you don't lose anything or put it all back on after a month, because let's face it, you can't control your genetic make-up, so if it doesn't work it's not your fault.

The second post of note is one where Phil takes it upon himself to criticise a group of people who appear to have been featured on some kind of weight loss segment on 'This Morning' to which Phil writes 'We all think it is really disgusting has none of them have lost no weight'

Because of course, the Chawners are in such a strong position to comment on this, after all, they're a shining example of weight loss and healthy living....or did I miss something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    jack_1471 wrote: »

The second post of note is one where Phil takes it upon himself to criticise a group of people who appear to have been featured on some kind of weight loss segment on 'This Morning' to which Phil writes 'We all think it is really disgusting has none of them have lost no weight'

Then he had the gall to say that they [the Chawners] 'had lost some weight'. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering their combined weight is around 90 stone (or at least it was originally, it may be more now, judging by recent photos), at the most they only lost a handful of stone between them. People of that size can easily shift several pounds every week, the weight loss only slows down when a normal BMI is approaching. I don't think any of the Chawners have ever been within grasp of an average body weight for their heights.

Then again, being under the impression cheese is a fat free food item, and trifle is healthy, as our hot cross buns, possibly contributed to the lack of sustained weight loss.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil doesn't seem to Tweet very much does he? I thought this one was quite ironic though.
    i dont no how to stop the spam can someone help me

Just don't open the tin Phil! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Phil doesn't seem to Tweet very much does he?

I guess he only needs to tweet 'celebrities' as a last resort, after all, most of them are 'close friends of the family'...
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I'm just picturing this! :D:D:D

:D
    That's disgusting!
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but cheese isn't fattening according to Audrey, so she can eat as much as she likes .
  • MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    but cheese isn't fattening according to Audrey, so she can eat as much as she likes .

Isn't cheese a vegetable? It's made from milk which comes from cows, and cows eat grass which is a vegetable, and virtually fat free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    LOL watching Emma on The Xtra Factor: Girls Best & Worst!
    Oh wow! Amaze!

They showed her audition and a segment with Emma talking about it and Louis saying how awful her audition was.

She still has the dress and it hasn't been washed! - why does this not surprise me?!

She then states that she still believes she will be a popstar one day and that it was unfair she was not put through!

If anyone is interested in watching it, it is being repeated on Friday on ITV2 at 4:40pm. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    LOL watching Emma on The Xtra Factor: Girls Best & Worst!
    Oh wow! Amaze!

They showed her audition and a segment with Emma talking about it and Louis saying how awful her audition was.

She still has the dress and it hasn't been washed! - why does this not surprise me?!

She then states that she still believes she will be a popstar one day and that it was unfair she was not put through!

If anyone is interested in watching it, it is being repeated on Friday on ITV2 at 4:40pm. :)

:) Thanks Simi. Oh gawd that's going to be unmissable. Has she lost any weight since that first audition? I have shudders if I watch it, so I refrain. I want to sleep peacefully.
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    There's this clip on YouTube...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdUnVRzZjw

They all look reasonably well and able to walk around no problems at all. Amazing how their health has deteriorated since they've been on tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly all of their health issues are directly related to their obesity. A young woman like Emma shouldn't have acid reflux and an inflamed gallbladder, those aren't ailments of people in their 20's, generally speaking. Audrey's sleep apnoea is definitely due to her weight, as is Phil's type 2 diabetes. The only health issue not weight related is Sam's choroidal naevus, because I suspect her gynaecological problems are probably due to the fact she weighs more than twice what she should.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry: Oh dear. Our Em is slipping off the first page. Does this mean they are well and truly relegated to "has beens" or were they never z listers. Poor Philth must be crying into his tea. No NZ fans? No up and coming Japanese show.

Farewell Chawners. You've given us a reason for a lot of merriment over the last 3 years. :) And there's still the bumper repeat episodes over Christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Her hair is darker but nope she is still unmistakably Emma Chawner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the repeat episodes will inspire new interest in the family?
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the star of our favourite family has well and truly waned. And its such a shame, because they are very generous, they just keep on giving us delusions to laugh at.
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Phil is being boring as usual on Facebook. Emma's appearance on That X-factor clip show was noted with Phil replying "really". You'd think he'd show a bit more enthusiasm at his favourite being on the telly again in any form.

Though maybe he's been a bit distracted. He's 'liked' a video of, and I quote, "[UNBELIEVABLE!!] Only 17-years-old, she did it publicly in high school while drunk"

One of Phil's 'friends' commented that he was a bold boy and that Audrey would kick his butt. If only she would.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    Phil is being boring as usual on Facebook. Emma's appearance on That X-factor clip show was noted with Phil replying "really". You'd think he'd show a bit more enthusiasm at his favourite being on the telly again in any form.

Though maybe he's been a bit distracted. He's 'liked' a video of, and I quote, "[UNBELIEVABLE!!] Only 17-years-old, she did it publicly in high school while drunk"

One of Phil's 'friends' commented that he was a bold boy and that Audrey would kick his butt. If only she would.

She wouldn't be able to lift her chubby leg high enough! Or manage to heave herself out of her recliner to do so!!
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :) Thanks Simi. Oh gawd that's going to be unmissable. Has she lost any weight since that first audition? I have shudders if I watch it, so I refrain. I want to sleep peacefully.

Probably put it on.

When are the back to back episodes on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably put it on.

When are the back to back episodes on?
    New Year's Eve - cancel that party, order in the smart price sausages and sambuca, make a huge trifle,and sit back and enjoy:)