F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2013 Season

Comments

• F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam619 wrote: »
    Not really both the NBC Sports Network and Speed the old home of F1 in the states are available in pretty much the same amount of homes.

Oh.

Ken
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top class end to the F1 Show... round up of Ted notebook 'highlights'! ;-)
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn! I didn't realise I was past 2000 posts! Way to many from me for now.

I'm going on a long hiatus.Don't know when I will be back. I'll give you all a break from me and I need to have a break from these bloody forums!!! They really get in your bloody head if you visit them to many times. Time to say good buy for a long while.

From me it's Goodnight for now. ;)

Ken
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Damn! I didn't realise I was past 2000 posts! Way to many from me for now.

I'm going on a long hiatus.Don't know when I will be back. I'll give you all a break from me and I need to have a break from these bloody forums!!! They really get in your bloody head if you visit them to many times. Time to say good buy for a long while.

From me it's Goodnight for now. ;)

Ken

See you tomorrow then! :p:D
  • JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to lettuce for the south coast pub review.
    I shall be relying on NBCSN,after Melbourne, for most of my F1/IndyCar coverage this year as I just got my 2013 work schedule delivered ...
    Busy?..Not Harf.
    Jp
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    SSN Reports from today:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxpl6u_barcelona-test-1-day-4-ssn-reports_auto

Didn't have many reports today because they were focusing on the Oscar Pistorius bail hearing, Not sure why they needed to show the exact same thing on both Sky News & Sky Sports News?

SSF1 report should be up around 10, No Ted's Notebook today because of the F1 show.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    You know you don't have to choose between being social and watching f1 live if you just come along to the f1inpubs events. ;)

I'll be running the Birmingham events this year so I'll gladly sit and debate the best broadcaster/commentator/sky package/on digital box with you*

All the fun of this thread but in person :p

(* not actually during the race tho. I'll be too busy doing my Murray Walker impressions :D )
  • JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know you don't have to choose between being social and watching f1 live if you just come along to the f1inpubs events. ;)

I'll be running the Birmingham events this year so I'll gladly sit and debate the best broadcaster/commentator/sky package/on digital box with you*

All the fun of this thread but in person :p

(* not actually during the race tho. I'll be too busy doing my Murray Walker impressions :D )

Now THERE'S a venue worth attending.
    If I am home for the Monaco/Indy500/Coke600 ya think your place would play the treble...?

#festivalofrandompaychannels
    Jp
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Jonpollak wrote: »
    Now THERE'S a venue worth attending.
    If I am home for the Monaco/Indy500/Coke600 ya think your place would play the treble...?

#festivalofrandompaychannels
    Jp

Last year we did the double but I don't know about the availability of espn or premier sports.
    Ah well, will try my best for you jp
  • dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, shes only been on the F1 Show 2 weeks and already its turning into TMZ, and what happened to Teds Notebook, seems it got pushed aside for much ado about nothing.
  • F1 MikeF1 Mike Posts: 5,835
    Forum Member
    dansus wrote: »
    Oh god, shes only been on the F1 Show 2 weeks and already its turning into TMZ, and what happened to Teds Notebook, seems it got pushed aside for much ado about nothing.

what's tmz?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Really enjoy the f1 show and Croft did it very well yesterday with Johnny. Ted of course was superb.

But, Natalie ruined it, Does she eat too many baked beans, she shouts, fidgets and is hyper all the time, giggling and sniggering in the background, just like a schoolgirl. She butted in with silly comments a few times and sometimes she speaks so fast/odd that I struggle to understand her. It really is a shame, Sky normally find some very attractive and great sports presenter women, but shes not in that genre for me.
    Off to compose an email to sky to vent my disappointment.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,721
    Forum Member
    Interesting to see BT are likely to snap up the UK operation of ESPN - I wonder if they could be interested in the F1 rights by 2018?
    Forum Member
    Interesting to see BT are likely to snap up the UK operation of ESPN - I wonder if they could be interested in the F1 rights by 2018?

Well espn said they were ending soon anyway, just ending the setanta deal isnt it.
    I read recently that the bt youview box thing was not selling well on the high street, so might be another flop.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1 Mike wrote: »
    what's tmz?

It's an American celebrity gossip website. Think of The Sun crossed with Heat. It's the place that broke the Harry Vegas pictures, or most celeb traffic infringements. It's quite famous and a bit strange you won't have heard of it, being the site that at times Digital Spy wishes it was (and most long time users assumedly hope it'll never be).
  • F1 MikeF1 Mike Posts: 5,835
    Forum Member
    DanielF wrote: »
    It's an American celebrity gossip website. Think of The Sun crossed with Heat. It's the place that broke the Harry Vegas pictures, or most celeb traffic infringements. It's quite famous and a bit strange you won't have heard of it, being the site that at times Digital Spy wishes it was (and most long time users assumedly hope it'll never be).

The Sun & Heat? Can't think of anything worse. I've never understood why people take such an interest in other people's personal lives. Everyone should be respected for what they contribute to the world of entertainment, not jumped on for what they get up to in their time off. Their lifestyle or personal life have no impact on my life, why should I care. Waste of my time! I'd rather read about real world news & not the stuff that happens in a little bubble.
    I need to watch I don't go onto a big rant here. I shall leave it there :p
    Forum Member
    F1 Mike wrote: »
    The Sun & Heat? Can't think of anything worse. I've never understood why people take such an interest in other people's personal lives. Everyone should be respected for what they contribute to the world of entertainment, not jumped on for what they get up to in their time off. Their lifestyle or personal life have no impact on my life, why should I care. Waste of my time! I'd rather read about real world news & not the stuff that happens in a little bubble.
    I need to watch I don't go onto a big rant here. I shall leave it there :p

Hear, hear!
  • BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    Sky normally find some very attractive and great sports presenter women, but shes not in that genre for me.
    Off to compose an email to sky to vent my disappointment.

What the hell does it matter if a presenter is attractive or not ?!

Hate Pinkham, just far too jolly hockey sticks for my liking.
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell does it matter if a presenter is attractive or not ?!

Hate Pinkham, just far too jolly hockey sticks for my liking.

Because it is the Sky Sports way, the token dolly bird.
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georgie was way better than Pinkham on the F1 show.

Very strange decision if they decided to exit her rather than the other way around.

Pinkham is fine out in the paddock giggling at the drivers - but sat wibbling on about eyebrows last night while Karun etc tried to get their point across was just awful.
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,061
    Forum Member
    I don't care how good looking someone is. While Natalie can have a laugh, so could Georgie, but, and maybe this is just my opinion and it may be a load of rubbish as they did different roles last season, but Georgie just comes across as more professional. I can't really explain it as such, she just seems able to get a good mix between funny and serious.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,721
    Forum Member
    The thing most noticeable from the F1 Show was the continual talking up of Paul Di Resta which I had thought was more of a BBC trait. They described Sutil as average early on in the show then later on showed the stats of him comprehensively outperforming Di Resta in 2011.
  • gillwgillw Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Georgie had gone to BTVision.....
This discussion has been closed.