Justin Bieber - suitable role model?

2»

Comments

• flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in this industry it's not really hard fooling the customers. The gullible masses. No different to any other business.

How blinkered and gullible some of us have sadly become.
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Gotta say, how restrained were Justin's bouncers!
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its hard too negatively judge someone with such a strange time in their youth. I could not relate to his world so I cannot really comment on his behavior. But looking at previous stories of younger people who have had massive success I don't hold a lot of hope for him
  • NerdyMageeNerdyMagee Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I used to think he was alright but lately he's been a little prick. Sadly my younger sister is a fan so I'm exposed to it all.
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think they knew the mighty 8 stone Justin would of been beaten up by the photographer lol.
  • TyrTyr Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else been noticing the steady downward spiral Bieber has been on as of late? I give it a few months before he has a total meltdown. As much as i dislike the guy and his music, its quite sad really.

This is what the parasitic celebrity industry does to people. They prey on the young and naive, make a huge amount of money out of them, corrupt their minds and then just sit back and allow them to completely destroy themselves, before moving onto a new attractive, low IQ teenager they can exploit. Its ****ing sick.
  • EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    Donny Osmond would never have behaved like that.

That's what I keep thinking! On the other hand, the Osmonds and co didn't have to contend with clips of their every move popping up on YouTube thanks to universal camera phones, and instant worldwide reporting of any misdemeanours via Twitter. It's interesting to see how both these things have made it much more difficult for a star's management to keep control of their public image.

IIRC it was the done thing for girls to wet themselves at Bay City Rollers concerts back in the day, do they still do that sort of thing nowadays? What on earth were we like! :p
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    It's umbrella time
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Young pop star with too much money/fame/drugs turns into objectionable little punk. We've seen this before, but I really *would* like to beat the living sh!t out of him.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should take a leaf out of the better Justin's book - Justin Timberlake has been famous since he was a kid, has grown up in the public eye and has survived a lot of high profile media scrutiny. He has always behaved with more humility, dignity and class than Justin Bieber has in his little finger..and consistently delivers. Just goes to show that the people you surround yourself, along with a strong personality, can be the making of you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I think what he says to his fans. Like believe in yourself. And don't let people get you down. Follow your dreams. Yes he is a role model.
    His actions over the past week. No he isn't.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    What an a**hole he has turned into!

He's too stupid to realise that if he doesn't up his game - he'll be ousted by the next big thing and he'll be history in a heartbeat. And he'll forever be that bloke that was famous when he was 16.

His loyal idiots (sorry fans) won't hear anything bad about him but they're too besotted to see that he doesn't give a flying fig about anybody because he thinks he is just so IT.

Like many other child stars he will soon be forgotten - he doesn't have anything to offer that will stick for much longer and he's obviously pressed the Self-Destruct Button like many before him.

And what's with all the beefed up security round him - he's just an utter joke. And it's on him.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member

Yes how they restrained themselves from beating the crap out of him I'll never know. They shoved him back in the car with alot of care.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I'm not a Bieber fan, I think he's an idiot who believes he is the next Jackson but the paparazzi did provoke him. I'm not saying he is justified but I think in this scenario it is one moronic individual against another. I don't get the hype around him, he's just a "pretty face" for the kids to scream over.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    He should take a leaf out of the better Justin's book - Justin Timberlake has been famous since he was a kid, has grown up in the public eye and has survived a lot of high profile media scrutiny. He has always behaved with more humility, dignity and class than Justin Bieber has in his little finger..and consistently delivers. Just goes to show that the people you surround yourself, along with a strong personality, can be the making of you.

Agree with this but maybe not everyone is a strong a person as JT.

Having been watching The Big Reunion om ITV2, I think it is really sad to see how much the music industry chews up these kids and spits them out. Half of them ended up having mental health problems before they were even really adults and you can still see the long term damage in a few even after all these years.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellef wrote: »
    IIRC it was the done thing for girls to wet themselves at Bay City Rollers concerts back in the day, do they still do that sort of thing nowadays? What on earth were we like! :p

I remember reading about an early Mark Bolan gig in Glasgow during the 70s. It was mostly a young female crowd, and the male reviewer said the area near the stage stunk of piss cos they were getting way too excited. :o
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A US teenager, Frankie Lymon, had a big hit with a song called I'm Not A Juvenile Delinquent in the 1950s (plus at least one other big hit).

He ended up dead from drugs.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A US teenager, Frankie Lymon, had a big hit with a song called I'm Not A Juvenile Delinquent in the 1950s (plus at least one other big hit).

He ended up dead from drugs.

I remember my mum talking about going to see him in concert when she was younger. I think it was the only gig she ever went to.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he first became popular, I didn't particularly like him or his music (and thought his fans were total idiots.) But he always seemed harmless enough.

Recently though, he's turned in to a complete arrogant little ****. Threatening a photographer just proves that. He claims to want privacy and to be left alone, yet he walks around wearing a gas mask (guaranteed to get attention) and being driven around in limos led by motorbikes waving the Canadian flag. Why would you do that if you don't want to be noticed? He could easily walk around in jeans and a t shirt with no fuss or ridiculous stunts, and he probably wouldn't even be recognised. Yet he clearly plays on his celebrity status and wants special treatment when it suits him, but still feels the need to complain when he decides he wants to be left alone.

There are plenty of people just as famous as him who haven't become self obsessed little idiots. To be honest, I can't wait for the day when his deluded little fans realise what a **** he is, and he fades into obscurity and develops an addiction.

Everyone has off days, but he seems to act like a little thug 99% of the time. And there's no excuse for it. I did laugh when he threatened to beat up that photographer (who was 3 times the size of him and could have crushed him with one hand.) I wish his body guards had stepped back instead holding Justin back.. Justin wouldn't have known what to do with himself, and he'd have probably crapped his pants. He only acted like a tough guy because he knew his bouncers would ''hold him back'' and he could threaten the guy (and make himself look tough) whilst knowing he was 100% protected.

Some people want us to believe he's hard done by, and has such a difficult life. Yeah I'll feel very sorry for him when I get up for work at 6 tomorrow morning and go to do my minimum wage job. Poor Justin.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As annoying as I find Bieber, I find this moronic concept that anyone who's music/films/tv show are liked by children have some sort of duty to be a rolemodel to them even more annoying.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Agreed. But times are different.

Donny Osmond also had brothers to keeping him in place and a Mormon upbringing...He was expected to behave well.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Donny Osmond also had brothers to keeping him in place and a Mormon upbringing...He was expected to behave well.

Yes. Mormons can shag around, but only after they'd married their multiple partners first.