Where to buy Satellite dish in Spain?

HumidHumid Posts: 1,782
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Where can I buy a Satellite dish on the Costa Blanca? Thanks for any help. I'm just below Alicante.

Comments

• ian-dian-d Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know of a installer in Murcia that would be able to sell and/or install a dish for you?

PM me if you want his details.

(mods - this is not an advertisement, i benefit in no way, just possibly a help to Humid)
  • HumidHumid Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian-d wrote: »
    I know of a installer in Murcia that would be able to sell and/or install a dish for you?

PM me if you want his details.

(mods - this is not an advertisement, i benefit in no way, just possibly a help to Humid)

I've sent a PM. Thanks
  • deeweedeewee Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Humid wrote: »
    Where can I buy a Satellite dish on the Costa Blanca? Thanks for any help. I'm just below Alicante.
    Check out the Costa Blanca News and any of the freebie papers! Although not necessarily the cheapest. Depending on the size you want, looking in the rastros or secondhand shops can be quite fruitful. I got my 75/85cm dish complete with (functioning) lnb for 25 euros! Sourced a TM2200 motor from eBay and now have a fully motorised system which gives me far more than I have time to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    The most important aspect is 'what do you want to watch'? If it's UK origin material from BBC/ITV then you will need a big dish - a 1.4m will give you some of the programmes for some of the day, a 1.8m will give you all of the programmes for some of the day and a 2.4m will give you them all 24/7. If however you just want to watch a few UK channels then these can be available on a 60cm dish. Don't forget that the Spanish D+ satellite on 19 degs offers a lot of English language films (you need to chose English rather than Espaniol as the language) and you can pick up a receiver and subscription in Carrefour. The other alternative was retransmitted programmes on the UHF band but these have mainly gone off air as the result of police action in Torrevieja.
  • rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dms05 wrote: »
    ............ the Spanish D+ satellite on 19 degs ..............

Astra 1KR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest seller of dishes on the Costa Blanca is DSS of Finestrat. They will almost certainly have what you want, but sometimes a local dealer can be more sensible.
    The Costa Blanca is a big area - bigger than most people realise; nearly 200Km from tip to tip. If you live at the southern end, Ian's suggestion may well suit you, but if you're north of Alicante then PM me for some suggestions.

If it's a big dish you're after, then transport needs to be considered - you can't exactly put a 2,4m dish in the back of the car!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian's person is in Cyprus. For now can I pick up sky news on a 60cm dish just below Alicante? Thanks for any help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian's person is in Cyprus. For now can I pick up sky news on a 60cm dish just below Alicante? Thanks for any help.

On a 60cm dish, you'll (just) get anything on 2A or 2B south. This includes Sky News.
    I normally recommend 80cm for this, but with a decent LNB and cabling, you'll be OK with 60cm. When ViaDigital (as was) stopped broadcasting BBC Prime, may English expats cancelled it, moved the existing 60cm dish from 30ºW to 28,2ºE and found they got the south beam most of the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    billnot wrote: »
    On a 60cm dish, you'll (just) get anything on 2A or 2B south. This includes Sky News.
    I normally recommend 80cm for this, but with a decent LNB and cabling, you'll be OK with 60cm. When ViaDigital (as was) stopped broadcasting BBC Prime, may English expats cancelled it, moved the existing 60cm dish from 30ºW to 28,2ºE and found they got the south beam most of the time.

Thanks for the reply, I can get a new 60cm dish locally but I will go for a 80 cm or 1 mtr Dish to be on the safe side.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    If it's English programming you want don't forget most of the channels on Spanish TDT put out English language when the content is of Anglo-American origin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ampis292 wrote: »
    If it's English programming you want don't forget most of the channels on Spanish TDT put out English language when the content is of Anglo-American origin.

I have bought a 80cm dish kit that included a basic satellite receiver, it even has DiSec. This was from Bricohouse at Santa pola & cost €79-99. I thought it was dish only but was over the moon with the rest of it. Now I have all the latest news & 2 movie channels and a load of rubbish to go with it:). I have the Spanish freeview & there is a lot of English on it plus the Premiership football. I watchen Liverpool on Sat & Portsmouth on Monday evening. Thanks for your help. I only have one problem now & that is my sky digibox says there is no signal but of course there is. I need to know how to kick start it & what the hidden menus are. I will ask this in the main threads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humid, what you need to do is to change the default transponder, as described here many times and also in my FAQ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humid, what you need to do is to change the default transponder, as described here many times and also in my FAQ.

Indeed - and similarly answered in his other Thread :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help but I'm in Spain & have VERY limited internet access, I would normally do a search but I havn't the luxury of spending the time on it at the moment, hence why I asked in a seperate thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help but I'm in Spain & have VERY limited internet access, I would normally do a search but I havn't the luxury of spending the time on it at the moment, hence why I asked in a seperate thread.

It wasn't a criticism - simply a point of information for billnot, and for any lurkers or potential contributors. Linking all the relevant background.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Thats what I myself have been looking for, a supplier of satellite equipment in Spain. I too am just south of Alicante (sometimes) and twenty years ago was a satellite fitter for comet, now hoping to retire in ten years to a nice home with all comforts fitted bfore I go, meaning I need to fit a suitable dish and recievers when I holiday over there.
    (all information given would be greatly appreciated)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I have bought a 80cm dish kit that included a basic satellite receiver, it even has DiSec. This was from Bricohouse at Santa pola & cost €79-99. I thought it was dish only but was over the moon with the rest of it. Now I have all the latest news & 2 movie channels and a load of rubbish to go with it:). I have the Spanish freeview & there is a lot of English on it plus the Premiership football. I watchen Liverpool on Sat & Portsmouth on Monday evening. Thanks for your help. I only have one problem now & that is my sky digibox says there is no signal but of course there is. I need to know how to kick start it & what the hidden menus are. I will ask this in the main threads.

Where did you point the dish?

What movie channels are you getting and are they in English?

Terry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    park_gate wrote: »
    Where did you point the dish?

What movie channels are you getting and are they in English?

Terry

BBC news. Sky news. True movies 1 & 2. Channel 5.... 5 US....& Fiver. Several music, kids programmes. All English of course. Some half interesting, many shopping & a load of rubbish channels, but it was the news & 5 channels I was interested in. Its pointing at the Astra (Sky) satellite. For the FIVE channels you need a Digibox, everything else is OK on a normal receiver.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Thats what I myself have been looking for, a supplier of satellite equipment in Spain. I too am just south of Alicante (sometimes) and twenty years ago was a satellite fitter for comet, now hoping to retire in ten years to a nice home with all comforts fitted bfore I go, meaning I need to fit a suitable dish and recievers when I holiday over there.
    (all information given would be greatly appreciated)

I bought equipment from Leroy Merlin ( in Cartagena, but there is also one in Alicante), and installed it myself. As of easter I have Astra1 providing me with 5 english language news channels (and lots of others) on an 80cm dish

Derek
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The biggest seller of dishes on the Costa Blanca is DSS of Finestrat. They will almost certainly have what you want, but sometimes a local dealer can be more sensible.
    The Costa Blanca is a big area - bigger than most people realise; nearly 200Km from tip to tip. If you live at the southern end, Ian's suggestion may well suit you, but if you're north of Alicante then PM me for some suggestions.

If it's a big dish you're after, then transport needs to be considered - you can't exactly put a 2,4m dish in the back of the car!

Hi There,could you forward me some info on where to Buy a dish, around a 1.4 I am in Quesada
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment, the waiting list for dishes is around six weeks (and longer for the biggest sizes). This is due to Telmicro being closed down.

Your best bet is to contact DSS - you are well within their service area - and ask to be put on the waiting list.

Since almost all the dealers use DSS as their supplier, they won't be able to get one any quicker than you.