Tags on the sleeves of suit jacket

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 663
Forum Member
✭✭
I've just bought a suit and it has these attached. They're sort of fabric, and they have the brand printed on them. I assume I'm not supposed to remove them? I've just never seen a suit jacket like that before, but then I don't wear a suit very often.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just bought a suit and it has these attached. They're sort of fabric, and they have the brand printed on them. I assume I'm not supposed to remove them? I've just never seen a suit jacket like that before, but then I don't wear a suit very often.

Is it a pukka designer suit?

I only ask because it might be considered acceptable to broadcast to the outside world that you're wearing a Hugo Boss or Armani suit (although I don't imagine they would be so crass as to put a label on the outside) but if it says George or St Michael, I'd cut them off double quick!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    You MUST remove the tag!!! It is not a done thing to leave it on, irrespective of what brand it is!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ2006 wrote: »
    You MUST remove the tag!!! It is not a done thing to leave it on, irrespective of what brand it is!!

Well I thought that, if you're wearing a classy suit the cut and cloth should give the game away, I was just thinking that things might've moved on and it's now OK to wear designer suits with a label on the outside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, it's not a designer one. So why do they sew them in? It makes it risky to remove!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, it's not a designer one. So why do they sew them in? It makes it risky to remove!

Not if you have a stitch cutter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have one of those. I'll just have to yank it out and hope for the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have one of those. I'll just have to yank it out and hope for the best.

No, use a very small pair of scissors (with pointed blades) carefully and you will have no problems.

Also, if it's a decent suit, the outside jacket pockets will have a stitch though them; don't be tempted to remove those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,506
    Forum Member
    Just cut the thread, remove the tag, and then pull the thread out from the back ... are you sure you're up to wearing a suit? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I'm concerned at your yanking!

Please cut the label out, and the other contributors are right, outside labels must be removed at all cost!
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Surely the shop would have removed them? We always used to, and unstitch the pockets if sir desired it. Go back and ask them to do it if you're unsure.
  • PopLarkinPopLarkin Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    ooh. Suits you sir. Suits you. ooooh.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

I agree with above advice, cut off the tag carefully.

Bish bash bosh, jobs a good 'un.
  • Beer MonsterBeer Monster Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a coat like that which had calvin klein on a label on the sleeve, i felt like a div walking around with it on it, so you are supposed to remove it.. Quality speaks for itself so you dont need to broadcast what designer the suit is.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJ2006 wrote: »

Quite right. Snip it off!

You may find some of the pocket tops stitched up too. These need unpicking too.