Live show theme ideas

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
Forum Member
I'm sure everyone else is just as tired hearing the same old generic "diva" "heroes" "big band" weeks, so what fresh idea's can people come up with the make this years live shows a little more interesting and exciting.

A week where artists have to make a period track (70's, 80's) sound current would be cool.

A mash up week would be a way of making the same old songs we hear time and again sound a bit different. Choosing two songs that compliment each other and merging them.

Comments

• jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who week where every contestant does their own interpretation of the Doctor Who Theme Tune
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No mash-ups please, they are already becoming a talent show cliche. They never really work either as they only have 3 minutes or so to perform.
  • RussJRussJ Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    I think we should have a week of songs that the acts have written for themselves.

They should also bring back big band week.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    RussJ wrote: »
    I think we should have a week of songs that the acts have written for themselves.

They should also bring back big band week.

I agree with you on Big Band week - I don't think it's "cliche", as it's usually the week where the acts are usually brought out of their comfort zones, and we can see who can really sing.

Acts performing their own songs - that won't work. Some of them are likely to have not had any experience of song writing so they probably won't get it done in a week, and they'll be judged entirely on the song. Best to leave it to the acts who have already written a few songs.

They need to do a Whitney/Amy tribute week.

I'm getting sick of the mash-ups. They were done too often last year.

Would like Michael Jackson week again - Elvis week perhaps? Or Girls Aloud/Spice Girls week? I don't think they've done a girlband themed week - they've done Take That.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor Hits (Songs by X Factor stars
    Judges Songs (Including Black Sabbath, Westlife)
    Boyband Week (Hits from boybands)
    TV Tunes
    80s Week
    90s Week
    One Hit Wonders
    Madonna Week
    Britpop Week (hits by Oasis & blur)
    Birthday No1s (must sing no1 single at time of birth)
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Rwanda week
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    One Hit Wonders

Now THAT'll be interesting!

What are the chances of hearing Call Me Maybe, Cangnam Style, the Teletubbies, One Pound Fish and the like, all on one night, eh?
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditch the themes.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    X Factor Hits (Songs by X Factor stars
    Judges Songs (Including Black Sabbath, Westlife)
    Boyband Week (Hits from boybands)
    TV Tunes
    80s Week
    90s Week
    One Hit Wonders
    Madonna Week
    Britpop Week (hits by Oasis & blur)
    Birthday No1s (must sing no1 single at time of birth)

Some good ones there.

How about Motown Bands week, No.1 hits (or general hits) of 2013 week, 80s BritPop, 90s BritPop, Club Anthems week (I think they did that)

If you want some cheese, how about Stock Aitken and Waterman week:D
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Now THAT'll be interesting!

What are the chances of hearing Call Me Maybe, Cangnam Style, the Teletubbies, One Pound Fish and the like, all on one night, eh?

More likely all of 2012, since the three biggest selling singles of last year were sung by one hit wonders, not including Gangnam Style
  • Jaydan09Jaydan09 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised they've never done an Elvis Presley week yet had Britney, Michael Jackson etc
  • Paul_Howard1Paul_Howard1 Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaydan09 wrote: »
    I'm surprised they've never done an Elvis Presley week yet had Britney, Michael Jackson etc

Can you imagine any of last years act singing elvis
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a week of Rihanna and Beyonce tracks will be interesting. I was also thinking of Beatles week but I think they've done that
  • urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher week, I expect she might make an appearance when her album comes out and she would be a change from the usual themes.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I want them to do a 'internet viral songs' week because why not. Bitta Friday, Gangnam Style and The Fox.
    Also a foreign language week where no one's allowed sing in English, or any other native languages they possess.

Honestly though, I used to kind of like the themes, but I'd be ok with them ditching them this year... Or at least do a half decent job of adhering to them.