Under eye bags..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
Forum Member
✭✭
I have black bags under my eyes, I try and drink lots of water and keep to a decent diet and I manage to get plenty of sleep but they never seem to go away, I know this can just be the way it is for some people but I'm quite pale and it sticks out like a sore thumb, the first thing someone said to me today was " You look tired" after me spending the best part of an hour trying to conceal them!!

Does anyone know any really good concealer that wont look out of place on my very pale skin? or any tips on how I can try and make them less noticeable?

Stupid as it sounds its really getting me down lately. :o:(

Comments

• LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate it when people say you look tired, ESP when it's because of dark circles and even more so when you've applied makeup!

I have a similar issue to you and have tried the usual touché éclat...doesn't work!

I can recommend this though - http://www.supercovermakeup.co.uk/product_p/s-corr01.htm. It's a corrector wheel and has different colours to correct different issues - one of the 5 colours is a blue neutraliser which conceals the dark circles.

It a,so has a red neutraliser which can help if you have red blotches anywhere. The other ones can be used to create shadows or highlight areas, so eg to bring out cheek bones or slim down a nose.

I went on a beauty course and the course used this company's products and I think they are really good. The foundations are great too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAC does good cover up. I use Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch and Bobby brown concealer. I like the colour more than how it covers. I use many and mix and blend them before applying. I use foundation on top, works fine for me.

Lady Minerva is right alone the "touché éclat...doesn't work!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you both for the advice, I was looking at that touché éclat in boots before but if its like most of the others Ive tried its just a total waste of money which I cant afford right now, Ive heard the soap and glory kick ass concealer is meant to be really good though so I think I might try that and that wheel looks like a good idea thanks! :D
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The YSL Touche Éclat is good, but it is a bit more of a highlighter than a concealer. If your dark circles really are bad (I know the pain, mine are too!) then I'd go for something like the Benefit Erase Paste, which is awesome, or one of the Bobbi Brown correctors. If money's an issue, Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer is brilliant and is just over £4 I think (booo at them for putting the price up!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The YSL Touche Éclat is good, but it is a bit more of a highlighter than a concealer. If your dark circles really are bad (I know the pain, mine are too!) then I'd go for something like the Benefit Erase Paste, which is awesome, or one of the Bobbi Brown correctors. If money's an issue, Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer is brilliant and is just over £4 I think (booo at them for putting the price up!).

Thanks, I thought I had it all sorted last night and now I'm stuck between a few lol :D I've seen that bobbi brown one advertised before but never knew the name of it, apparently its really good and I had never heard of the Erase paste so I think I'll check that out out too! I've had the collection 2000s one before and sadly it doesnt work well with me :( I think I'm going to go to boots and have a play around with a few testers!

Thanks for all the advice ladies :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer, I think it's called? Heard good things from that too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks I'll add that to the list :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aesa wrote: »

I got that the other day after reading about it somewhere else on here and it's amazing! :)
  • strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this makeup artist gives a very good tip:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or6OX2kGM98
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice and tips! I saw that video on youtube, he does it so easily! sadly it doesnt work on my eyes, I have however found a better concealer in the kickass concealer by Soap and Glory, Its not amazingly great but it covers alot more than others ever did! Next pay day I'm going to try the healthy mix concealer and foundation and the Benefit Erase Paste, having seeing reviews on those on youtube Im quite impressed :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go to a Benefit counter the assistant there should be able to pop the Erase Paste on you so you can see the effect before you fork out on it :)
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    collection 2000 concealer is amazing :) read lots of reviews that have compared it to Erase Paste.

Boing by benefit is good too :) its a different texture completely but gives great coverage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always lacked confidence when it comes to make up and stuff like that, I tend to lock myself in my room and test different things out and work things out my way rather than sit on a make up counter, Sad I know! lol I would be a nervous wreck sat at a make up counter with people walking around me :o

On another note, I ran out of my normal facecream about a week or so ago and Ive been using a Marine Collagen one and a Marine Collagen eye gel that I've had for a while now, I didnt get on with it before but I had run out and decided to try and use this one up before I got more, I think its actually working for the bags around my eyes as they dont seem as heavy as usual, :D
  • jellybeejellybee Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    :cool:I broke my nose as a wee girl, so I'll always have panda eyes. But I've used lemon aid by Benefit for years now and I feel it really helps disguise the shadows. I'm never without a wee pot.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jellybee wrote: »
    :cool:I broke my nose as a wee girl, so I'll always have panda eyes. But I've used lemon aid by Benefit for years now and I feel it really helps disguise the shadows. I'm never without a wee pot.:cool:

I've not noticed this one before, I'll have to have a test of this one too! lol :o Think I'll need to do some overtime this month, next month is looking quite expensive :D