Capital FM Network (Part 2)

Comments

• Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Crikey! Capital playing 'I Like the Way' right now, a song that's not from the past year or so.

Even if they're only going to play songs from 2009 onwards, there's still enough that it doesn't get annoying. But it seems they have about 10 songs from each year that they play. Like when it's a 2010 song it's always Only Girl, OMG, Pass Out, etc. There were so many amazing songs that year, but only a small selection of them get played anymore.

I have no problem with them playing old songs, but it's nearly always the same few that come up, it almost feels like they've never left the playlist since they were out.

I hope this is a sign that they widen their selection of recurrent tracks that they play.
    They have all morphed into the same person if you're a casual listener.

The only one I can differentiate is James Barr.

I'm quite a regular listener, and I don't know who's who!

That said, I honestly never had complaints about the presenters. They do a good job imo. But I'm really not going to care if they switch slots or something, I probably wouldn't notice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey! Capital playing 'I Like the Way' right now, a song that's not from the past year or so.

Judging by when you posted, it was played as part of 'The Capital Recap" - 20/25 minutes segment every day from 10am, where they "recap the hits they made famous"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Judging by when you posted, it was played as part of 'The Capital Recap" - 20/25 minutes segment every day from 10am, where they "recap the hits they made famous"

Do they actually say that Capital made the songs famous?
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,817
    Forum Member
    Kierankay wrote: »

"We" is the word used.

Along with all the other CHR stations available.
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    I'm sick of hearing the Internet Explorer song on Capital. I'm sure it went out of fashion months ago. Personally I hate it.

Have you noticed how distorted the vocals are through the FM TX's?
  • Liam_CLiam_C Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    How is the recap mixed? I'm guessing its mixed and mastered the day before (and sent down locally at the weekends) to be played out as a massive mp3? I can't see rich Clarke or some of the local weekend presenters mixing it.
  • NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I'd guess a producer at LSQ does it all.
  • t0264t0264 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam_C wrote: »
    How is the recap mixed? I'm guessing its mixed and mastered the day before (and sent down locally at the weekends) to be played out as a massive mp3? I can't see rich Clarke or some of the local weekend presenters mixing it.

Sometimes the tracks will be played live in their unedited form, (or with edited mix intros) with Capital Recap jingles played over the top
    But yeah, usually it's mixed down into one mp3 like this one
    http://stream19.mixcloud.com/cloudcasts/m4a/64/a/b/8/7/6a5e-c2e1-48f4-98ca-2b2982650d2c.m4a

Best way to tell would be to check the now playing section on the website. If it's not displaying track info it's a big mp3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I'd guess a producer at LSQ does it all.

Duncan Wallace mixes it. He produces all of Friday & Saturday night shows (Christian Williams, Will Cozens & Marvin) and the recap. Think he also put's the "Max Mix" together as well.
  • chipmanchipman Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    My understanding too is that Duncan Wallace does it and all of those shows are very tightly mixed and they sound great. How does he mix it? CDJs and ableton? How is it recorded?
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chipman wrote: »
    How does he mix it? CDJs and ableton? How is it recorded?
    I'm guessing something like Traktor.
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chipman wrote: »
    My understanding too is that Duncan Wallace does it and all of those shows are very tightly mixed and they sound great. How does he mix it? CDJs and ableton? How is it recorded?
    Ableton Live 8 (or 9 now?). Easy to bang the songs on time with the sweepers and crossover, Capital doesn't use CDJs.. Not even Andi Durrant on his shows, that's how he easily cross-mixes with dupstep or drum and bass after each house tracks
    Forum Member
    He uses Ableton & Adobe audition, Massive respect to Duncan for keeping the 'upbeat' mixed shows running. Must be a heavy work load to put everything together and deliver it all on time.
    Forum Member
    What happened to the 7 pm news?
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kierankay wrote: »

That's because they did!
    Forum Member
    Having Max do only 2 hours and hearing something different at 21:00 sounds really good.
    Forum Member
    I knew I'd forget to listen.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    2 Chainz is at #6 on iTunes right now. I bet Capital bosses are hoping the song disappears as soon as possible so that they don't get pressured to play it in the day-time lol.
    Forum Member
    16:00 London news was networked for about 4 seconds and then back to local news, In the car "95.8 Capital News - London" and then "103.2 Capital News - Southcoast"
    Forum Member
    MattJW wrote: »
    16:00 London news was networked for about 4 seconds and then back to local news, In the car "95.8 Capital News - London" and then "103.2 Capital News - Southcoast"

Did you hear local adverts? Sounds like the main studio was left up before local was was fired as 95.8 doesn't network in the daytime.
    Forum Member
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Did you hear local adverts? Sounds like the main studio was left up before local was was fired as 95.8 doesn't network in the daytime.

Yeah I think there was local ad's
    Forum Member
    Andi's got updated jingles.
  • chipmanchipman Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Marvin is on Saturday nights from 7-10pm now and his show sounds great!
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at the constant plugging of the #capitalstb can't wait until middle of next week to stop hearing about the bloody thing.

Also annoyed today when Capital cut short a Disclosure song to cut to Union J singing "Capital".
  • scottish_stuscottish_stu Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    can't wait until middle of next week to stop hearing about the bloody thing.
    I knew I wasn't the only one! I would genuinely listen for longer if it wasn't shoehorned into *every* link.

Indeed, I listened to Des and Jennie at Breakfast for the first time in a while last week and it was very entertaining, funny radio. They really sound like they are enjoying themselves. It's a shame it goes all robo-DJ at 10am onwards with constant generic "check out the website", or "did you hear abourt Rhianna's haircut?", "Only 12 weeks to go until the ball that's not really anything like a ball" etc etc.

I'm sure the Jingle Ball imaging is sitting waiting to go. "Wow. Sold out guys! Keep it Capital to win your way into the Ball."