Dani's Castle- CBBC

Comments

• Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't normally watch this show but as Jedward were appearing I made a special effort. I enjoyed it actually, all good fun and John and Edward entered into the spirit of the show.

My daughters grew up with Dani Harmer and Tracy Beaker so we all have a soft spot for her.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    I thought Jedward were great, they are really nice lads and played along really well, Its nice that they've become good friends with Dani since appearing on the show :)

Glad to hear you liked it.

As for me, I really didn't. I just found them too annoying for my liking, it made me struggle to enjoy the episode which is why it's my least favourite. I do think this show as a pretty good cast though and I'm looking forward to next week's episode. Like I said before, the first 6 episodes have been great so far.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show was a lovely surprise. I may watch more episodes. I enjoyed Jedward's appearance and how they interacted with the cast.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! I've now watched 5 episodes and it's great. I think Jedward fitted in ver¥, very well indeed, actually. :cool:
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    I thought Jedward were great, they are really nice lads and played along really well, Its nice that they've become good friends with Dani since appearing on the show :)

Well the show was much better than I thought it was going to be. Such a lovely shock to hear School's Out blarring away. Then clips of Cool Heroes and What's Your Number. :D
    Not sure about the "new" song but it was funny.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,216
    Forum Member
    The one thing that does annoy me is the unnecessary laugh track (even if it is a quiet one) - makes it look like some sitcoms on CBBC can't succeed without the need of a laugh track.

But so far, so good. I like the fact they actually filmed on location rather than a set, makes it more exciting in a way.

Nice to see this active getting more active - let's keep it that way.
    Forum Member
    Episode number 8 on today, looks like an interesting one :)
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starts in 4 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. It was enjoyable and much better than last week's episode.
    Forum Member
    EPG doesn't show a new episode for next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys might already know this but a second series of Dani's Castle has already been recommisioned. Filming will begin in Summer 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    EPG doesn't show a new episode for next week.

That's because of the Comic Relief special of 12 Again. The new episode is more likely to be on the week after.
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    You guys might already know this but a second series of Dani's Castle has already been recommisioned. Filming will begin in Summer 2013.

Didn't know that - did the BBC announce that?

I heard Richard Wisker is making an appearance on the last episode - I hope he becomes a main character.
    Forum Member
    A review here: http://www.thestage.co.uk/features/tv-radio/2013/01/tv-review-danis-castle-my-mad-fat-diary-father-brown/

I would agree with the following that is stated:
    Laughter tracks are an abomination. Dani’s Castle is genuinely funny and the producers should trust their young audience to find it so, unaided and alone

I don't like that laughter track as it's pretty pointless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Didn't know that - did the BBC announce that?

Shannon confirmed it on the CBBC Messageboards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/articles/shannon-flynn-answers-your-questions
    Forum Member
    It's crazy how the 09:30 repeat on the Sunday is in the top 10 ratings most weeks for CBBC but the first 17:15 showing isn't.
    Forum Member
    It's back on today at 17:15 - who's watching?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dani still keeps in touch with the DG cast.:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/articles/dani-harmer-answers-your-questions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode! I'm really enjoying this series so far.:)
    Forum Member
    Another brilliant episode - and the way Gabe said 'chillax' :D

The laugh track is actually so irritating I feel like writing an email to the BBC - though I don't know what to write :o:D

I think Dani's presence in Strictly may have helped increase her fanbase and possibly helped boost the ratings.
    Forum Member
    Bump for today's episode :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another enjoyable episode. I really like this series, the cast is great. :)
    Forum Member
    Jimmy is quite accident prone :D

Though I think giving him that name was a bit silly - you know the first thing that comes into your mind when you hear that name :D:o

Is it only us two who watch other CBBC shows from The Dumping Ground? :D
    Forum Member
    Richard Wisker is in next week's episode, playing another of Dani's cousin's called 'Rich' - should be an interesting watch ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's it for this series. Until next year!;) It was a good final episode and in my opinion, it was also an enjoyable series as a whole.