Coronation Street script game (Part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Get it changed into 2p's Simon and then you can use the slot machines." Barry said as Simon wrinkled his nose but nodded. "I guess so." He said as Peter gave him a £2 coin and watched as Barry showed Simon where he coculd change it. "Well you two shall we o see what machine your brother is going to try win money on." Peter said as he smiled at the twins who seemed bewildered by the flashing lights and noises of the amusements.
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Right, well I think we've got enough samples and ideas' Helen laughed as she and Carla left the shops, with a few bridal magazines and idea's for weddings. 'Yeah so do I, god we've got to get christmas sorted too, I've never had a proper family christmas before.. well, not where I'm the mum' Carla smiled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh you'll love it Carla. I mean it's busy but just seeing the looks on Simon and the twins little faces it's worth every moment." Helen said as Carla nodded.
    "I know it'll be a bit odd to them this year but I ca't wait to buy them little presents and then well Simon is old enough for it to matter. You and Barry are welcome to come round if you're visiting." Carla said as Helen smiled.
    "Oh I'm sure we'll be thrilled to do so. Though not for dinner. You'll likely have enough on." Helen said as she knew a mother's first Christmas was exceptionally special.

Peter nodded over to Barry for a moment. "Would you mind the buggy for a bit. I saw one or two things in that shop for someones Christmas presents. I'm just going to nip back." Peter said as Barry nodded. "No problem."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oh god I bet, we want to make it really special for Si as he has been so brilliant this past year. 'It will be love, don't you worry' Helen said. 'I think Ken and Deirdre will come round, or have us round too which will be nice' Carla said.

Peter grinned as he wanted to get Simon and the twins nice presents. He was also on the look-out for something nice for Carla. He was thinking about a beautiful necklace or bracelet that she could wear as he knew she adored jewellery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Hello again can I help?" The man said behind the till.
    "Oh I'm just going to et a few Christmas presents." Peter said as he picked up a basket and went to get one or two things for the twins and Simon. "These are lovely these old fashioned toys." He said as he put in a chunky wooden toy car that would be suitable for Harry.
    "Won't be a cheap affair for you mate will it." The man chuckled as Peter shook his head.
    "No but well if you can't spoil your family at Christmas when can you."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'True, that'll be £22.60' the man said as Peter handed over a note. 'Cheers' the man said. 'Thankyou' Peter said as he was glad with his purchases. Peter headed out of the shop to join Barry and Simon and meet Carla and Helen.

(Sorry I'm going to give up here.. I'm a tad drunk and keep making spelling mistakes!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Hey Peter where's Si and the twins?" Carla said as she spotted him walking back towards the arcade. "Oh sorry love I wnated to get one or two things for Christmas. There were some lovely toys. Anyway Simon's on the slot machines and Barry's watching him and the twins." Peter said as he took Carla's hand in his. "You had a good time?" He asked.
    "Yeah we saw a few good ideas for invitations and things."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oh, maybe you can show me later.. maybe when the twins are in bed' Peter said. 'Hmm, maybe' Carla smirked. 'Your so dirty' Peter laughed wrapping his arms around Carla's waist. 'Whatever' Carla smiled as Helen joined them having just had a word with a local.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Dad I won look." Simon said as he proudly showed his dad the money he had got from his winnings. "Wow Simon £2:70 well you beat the system." Peter said as he ruffled his son's hair gently taking the buggy from Barry. "Thanks for looking after them." He said as Barry chuckled.
    "Oh they were good as gold. I see you found the ladyfolk on your travels."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I did' Peter smiled pulling Carla gently towards him. 'So, shall we hed home for lunch?' Helen asked. 'Sounds good, to be honest all this shopping has taken it out of me' Carla laughed. 'Well your welcome to have a nap love' Helen said. 'Your like an old lady' Simon laughed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Shush you cheeky begger." Carla said as she smiled at Simon. Peter chuckled loving that his son and Carla got along so well. He knew it could have been so very different. "Oi you remember me and your mother have to get up when the babies get up in the night so your Mum's bound to be tired. Anyway that means me and you can have a go with the airplane kit." Peter said as Simon nodded. "I guess so."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As they all walked back to towards the house Carla took Peter's hand. 'You know, all this has got me excited for Christmas' Carla said. 'Carla Connor, excited for Christmas' Peter laughed. 'Shush, I'm a mum now so I have to be don't I!' she winked. 'Yup' he laughed. 'But no, seriously, it's lovely being a family, the last time I had a proper Christmas must have been ages ago at Helen's and even then I knew I wasn't wanted' Carla said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Well we'll have to make sure that this Christmas is the best one ever." Peter said determined to ensure that Carla and the kids had the most fantastic festive time. He knew that they all deserved that after the year they'd had. "It will be, I've got you." Carla said with a smile as he chuckled. Simon turned back to look at them and rolled his eyes. "Oh you two stop it." He said shaking his head. "They always kiss and things." He said as Barry laughed at his clear dislike of his Dad and Carla's display of affectionn for one another.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'That's what adults do Simon, soon enough you'll see' Barry said letting Peter and Carla lag behind. 'Well I don't like it, it's yucky' Simon said as Helen chuckled too. 'Come on Si, do you want to help with dinner tonight?' Helen asked him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Yeah, can I?" He said as Helen nodded glad to have a eager little boy to help her. In a way he reminded her of Liam when he had been a little boy, always willing to help out when he could. "Course you can. I was going to do a Shepards Pie later on.But we'll have sandwiches when we get in." Helen said as Simon smiled.
    "You're better at cookin than Mum is." Simon said as Helen chuckled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Don't tell her that' Simon said. 'I won't pet' Helen winked as they walked home.

'So did you and Helen have a nice time?' Peter asked as he and Carla strolled behind Helen, Barry and Simon. 'Yeah, I've got some wedding invitation samples and such in my bag, I'll show you when we get back' Carla said. 'Oh, that's good, I definitely think we should really start putting our mind to this wedding.. I can't wait to have you as my wife' Peter said. 'And I can't wait to be your wife, honestly Peter, I love you so much' Carla said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You two like that idea hmm, Mummy and me been married." Peter said as he smiled at the tiny face peering up at him. Esme pouting slightly as Harry cooed from his side of the pram and kicked his little feet. "You Mr are all energetic aren''t you. You like the beach did you. and Miss what's that pout for." Peter said as Carla smiled.
    "Oh I think she's hungry." She said as she tickled Esme under the chin. "There's my smiley pretty girl." She said as they came eventually to Helen and Barry's home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I can't wait until their older, Car it's going to be great you know' Peter said as Carla chuckled. 'Aren't you a hands on Dad' she smiled. 'Yeah, course, missing out on Simon has meant that I;m so keen to really make an effort with these two.. and you' Peter smiled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It's sweet how much you love them Peter. I know you could have acted differently especially considering the circumstances." Carla said as Peter sighed.
    "I'd have loved them regardless but I am chuffed that they are mine. Ours." Peter said as Carla nodded. "I guess we should get certain people out of the buggy and into the warm."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Come on mate' Peter said lifting Harry out of the pram once they were inside. 'You lot go into the living room and get warm, Barry go and light the fire' Helen said as Barry nodded. 'You still tired pet?' Helen asked Carla. 'A bit but I reckon I'll just lie down on the couch and give these two a feed' Carla said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Well I'll do us all some sandwiches and make some coffees. Simon what do you want to drink?" Helen asked.
    "Orange juice please." Simon said as he followed Helen to the kitchen.

Peter passed Carla the blanket she used when she was feeding the twins. "Who do you want first?" He asked.
    "Erm best do Esme she looks like she'll fall asleep once she has her milk. Besides I think Harry's happy enough playing." She siad as she gazed at Barry who was tickling the tiny boy and delighting in the giggles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter gently picked Esme up 'Wakey wakey miss it's time for your dinner' he said passing her to Carla. 'She looks flat out' Carla laughed as Peter went to pop the bags of presents he'd bought upstairs. 'Come on Esme, concentrate' Carla whispered, laughing a little as Esme looked slightly confused before she began to root for milk.

'Can I have ham' Simon asked Helen. 'Course pet, what would your Mum and Dad like do you reckon?' Helen asked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You Miss are been a lazy little girl. Come on sweetie." Carla said as she encouraged her daughter. "She playing up." Barry said as Carla nodded. "A little bit. She just can't be bothered." Carla said knowing her daughter needed more than she had taken so far.

"Dad will have Ham too and I think Mum would like Tuna and Cucumber." Simon said as he buttered some slices of bread for Helen. "You're a super helper." Helen said as Simon grinned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'She might be a tad cold, maybe give it a go in a bit, the fires nice now so we can settle her in her basket and try her a bit' Barry suggested though he didn't a clue about breast feeding. 'Maybe' Carla sighed as Peter came down with one of the twins toys. 'What's up' he said crouching down to tend to Harry. 'She's not feeding properly' Carla said. 'Oh, maybe she just isn't hungry, why don't you give this one a go, he looks starving' Peter grinned tickling Harry's stomach. 'Dad can we do this now' Simon said coming in with a plate of sandwiches and his airfix.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Well I don't see why not. Looks like we did the right thing going for our walk this morning." Peter said as he looked at the dark clouds forming in the sky. "Oh I'll have to get the washing in if it's going to rain." Helen said as she passed Barry a plate with a sandwich on it.
    "What have you got there Simon?" Carla asked as she let Harry nustle against her his demand for milk much greater than his sisters.
This discussion has been closed.