X Factor: Battle Of The Seasons - Live Show 1

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well ladies and gentleman, a few days ago, Battles Of The Seasons was launched and I can honestly say that this is going to be a great Series. Why do I hear you ask? Well, you might remember be from other hosting shows such as Supergroups and The Voice Factor! :D :cool: But in this game, it's all about acts from a certain Series that are gonna be taking on each other in what will surly be an interesting competition. Tonight it's number 1's and we all know that every one of them wants to be number 1.

So fighting for your votes are:

Lyriccs and THE '09 CLASS
Ethan Boroian
Despina Pilavakis
Olly Murs
Kandy Rain

Ryan11 and THE '10 CLASS
Marlon Mckenzie
Cher Lloyd
Elesha Moses
Belle Amie

bboy1988 and THE '11 CLASS
Joe Cox
Jade Richards
Kitty Brucknell
The Risk

NarutoFan100 and THE '12 CLASS
Jake Quickenden
Leanne Robinson
Carolynne Poole
District3

Welcome ladies and gentleman to where your mid-week events starts right here! Alright we have 16 nervous acts all waiting backstage because they can't wait to be on this stage. Before we go any further, judges, are you present?!

Comments

• LyriccsLyriccs Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    I'm here baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I am hear and ready to go with my acts :)
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here :)
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay judges, Naruto won't be able to make it but I have his comments in advance.
    But now let's kick off with the class of 2009, opening the show with Midnight Run, it's Ethan Boroian!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYZSAQiYug
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethan, for you first performance it wasn't that good. The song choice was bad, it didn't suit you and i think your mentor failed you when you needed it the most. The vocals weren't great i have to admit, and i hope if you do come back next week.
    Forum Member
    Just so you guys know before we start, some of the songs I picked were #1 on UK Indie-charts, nobody said that wasn't allowed, so I picked the songs as best as I could. Just so that nobody comes up with ''this song isn't a number 1'' ;)
    Forum Member
    Ethan

Well Ethan, welcome to the competition. When you were at judges houses during the real show I thought Cheryl had lost her mind when she decided not to take you through to the live shows. You have a great and I think a pretty distinctive voice. Although Ethan, I am going to be totally honest throughout this entire series, and I think this genre of music is the complete wrong direction for you. This just felt a bit awkward and forced at times, especially towards the more rap section. I hope you will get another chance though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethan, I'm not impressed. It wasn't a great start to the show. The song just doesn't suit you. It's a shame, because you're a really great vocalist.
    Forum Member
    [Ethan Boroian]
    Ethan, it takes allot of courage to open the first Liveshow, and I feel like you have enough of that courage to open every show – this performance showed you’re not afraid to go out there and sing your heart out. We know you can sing small songs, but this song to me felt really great, you’re not only a singer but an performer as well and trough this performance I hope it came a little bit more to the attention of everyone that you’re really versatile. Well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, thanks for the heads up Lyriccs.
    Anyways, we begin with not so good comments for Ethan, will he survive the curse of going first?

Now we go to the class of 2010, performing a mash-up of two RnB songs, it's Cher Lloyd!
    (Turn Me On 0:00-0:44/Turn Up The Music 0:44-3:48)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtD_Km7W9Kw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0PZ_67vOh0
    Forum Member
    Come on guys :o was it that bad? I'm shocked.
    Forum Member
    [Cher Lloyd]
    Well, I’m mixed by this performance. I feel like the Turn Me On part really suited you, while I wasn’t really flattered by Turn On The Music. The first part for me was to short and so it took away of your rap-skills, because that’s a pretty unique quality to have in this competition and I would love to see that if you make it trough to next week, you’re mentor will do something to show your rap-power.
    Forum Member
    Cher

Cher, you are definitely one of those marmite contestants that will either be loved or hated. Cher, like with Ethan I have to be totally honest and say I love you. I wasn’t totally spent on the song choices. The first section of the performance, the Nicki Minaj section was a lot better than the Chris Brown section. When you changed to Chris Brown the performance for me got lost and I couldn’t understand why you went for the mashup.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked that Cher! It was fun, fresh and inventive. Your mentor knows what track you should be heading and it is the right track. The vocals were good and it was a great song choice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved that, Cher! It was very energetic! I will be the first to admit that it was a risk doing a mash-up, especially first week, but you pulled it off. I can see you lasting very long in this competition, Cher!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good comments for Cher :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost mixed comments for Cher, but will her own Cher's brats be voting tonight? (I didn't came up with that, I swear. :o)

Back to the class of 2009 again and hoping the sun doesn't go down on him, it's Olly Murs!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUatH8zI6Qc
    Forum Member
    (just one question: how late do you expect the results to be?)

[Olly Murs]
    For me I really liked this performance. You’re an entertainer and you can dance well, but I feel like people sometimes seem to forget you have this amazing voice as well, and I wanted to make sure to show your vocals a little bit more. When The Sun Goes Down for me felt like the great song for you, also because around the middle it changed a little bit. You had me entertained and I think there are great things coming your way Olly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too sure whether that performance worked. The song choice in my opinion didnt work as it was had a 'rock' sound. The song choice let you down, and it didnt suit you at all. Your vocals werent great and that is what we need to hear from you if you come back next week.
    Forum Member
    Olly

Well hello there Olly. This is definitely not what I was expecting from you tonight Olly. And if I am being honest I was very very pleasantly surprised. When I saw the song choice I wasn’t sure exactly ehat you were going to do with it. I am not saying by any means it was perfect, but I think it will be good enough to get you through to the next show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked that Olly! I like the direction your mentor is taking you in, and it certainly suited your cheeky chap persona, and the vocals were great too. Hope to see you here next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea about when the results will happen, it'll depend on how long this show takes.
    Anyways, it's mixed comments for Olly, but the night is still young.

Now we have the class of 2012, hoping to not be some boyband people used to know, it's District3!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBYymaN338E
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District3, that was amazing! By keeping you on on the track as a vocal harmony group, you gave a superb and stunning vocal performance and i really hope that you get the votes as you can sing and you are amazingly talented.
    Forum Member
    District 3

Welcome lads. First things first I think vocally you guys are special and the harmonies are very watertight. But tonight I was left feeling disappointed with the performance. I could have put money on you guys doing a song like this. Vocally you guys were on it, but I just felt as though something was missing. I really hope your mentor will take some huge risks with you and let you guys grow in confidence each week.
    Forum Member
    [District 3]
    I’m such a big fan of you guys, and this performance only made me a bigger one! I love how you changed the song slightly, but still kept it close to the original. We haven’t seen all the contestants yet, but I would say if you keep performing songs and performances like this you could be a strong contender. I loved the harmonies and overall it felt right, good job.