Apple tv jailbreak help

Two parts to my question.

I hope someone is able to help. The first point is i understand how you can jailbreak an apple tv using season pass but I really don't understand once this is done how you get the apps on it like Xbmc. Some sites talk about SSH and inputting a load of data in to it. How/ where do I access the SSH once the apple tv is jailbroken? Is it easy? and secondly I don't particularly want to break the law is it legal? Someone told me you can watch sky'sports via sports devil. Cheers hope someone can help.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Two parts to my question.

I hope someone is able to help. The first point is i understand how you can jailbreak an apple tv using season pass but I really don't understand once this is done how you get the apps on it like Xbmc. Some sites talk about SSH and inputting a load of data in to it. How/ where do I access the SSH once the apple tv is jailbroken? Is it easy? and secondly I don't particularly want to break the law is it legal? Someone told me you can watch sky'sports via sports devil. Cheers hope someone can help.

I dont have an Apple TV but I found this and he seems to explain it in clear consise terms

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-apple-tv-4.4.4-untethered-using-seas0npass-how-to-tutorial/
  • daleski75daleski75 Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once you use seas0npass the easiest method although paid for is to use atv flash black which will push xbmc and a few other bits and pieces to your apple tv with no ssh'ing needed.

One very important note is before you run seas0npass do NOT have the power cable plugged in at the same time the usb cable is plugged in as it will jailbreak your apple tv but the final process will fail and you will have to start all over again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I was caught between this and the new wdtv streaming, love the look of the ATV2, but then I noticed it does not accept a USB, seems a massive omission?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daleski75 wrote: »
    Once you use seas0npass the easiest method although paid for is to use atv flash black which will push xbmc and a few other bits and pieces to your apple tv with no ssh'ing needed.

One very important note is before you run seas0npass do NOT have the power cable plugged in at the same time the usb cable is plugged in as it will jailbreak your apple tv but the final process will fail and you will have to start all over again.

Evidently you will need to plug the power cable back in after the USB drive is in or you won't be able to do anything! :D
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignore my last post, totally read its wrong... lol