Nintendo Poor Customer Service?

IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been a Nintendo customer for over 10 years now and have never had to use their customer service until I got my Wii U and must say it hasn't been a very good experience.

I first used the online customer service form back in early December when I had to have my Wii U replaced because of a faulty disc drive. The shop sorted that out for me, but I had already set up an online account with Nintendo Network so sent a quick message enquiring if I could switch my username across to my new console (seeing as I'd had a faulty first console). I got no response at all.

My second need to contact them was in mid December when they blocked my Miiverse profile comment because I'd put my 3DS friend code and Xbox/PS3 user names in it. I realised my mistake, removed the whole comment and replied to their message to say I'd fixed the issue (which should have removed the block), this was on 15/12/12. I am still waiting for the block to be removed. I have since sent two further e-mails to Nintendo customer service asking them to resolve the issue and they have neither responded nor resolved the issue.

Having been a loyal Nintendo customer for over 10 years, I feel really let down by my first usage of their customer service.

In comparison, I recently contacted Amazon over something really stupid regarding a gift voucher that I thought hadn't been implemented properly, turned out I wasn't reading my receipt properly! But Amazon was very quick to respond with a very polite reply. Now seeing as Amazon are a retailer I'm pretty sure they'll have more customer enquiries to deal with on a daily basis than Nintendo, so if Amazon can reply quickly, why can't Nintendo?