Leona Lewis - New Single - 'Lovebird'

tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPObZO7ronw

Brilliant song and single choice from Leona. Beautiful lyrics too!

Comments

• cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her next single is 'Fireflies' is it not???
  • STEPHENFOX20STEPHENFOX20 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    my fave song on 'glassheart', but she is releasing 'fireflies' before this

loving the album !!! cant wait to see her in concert again!!!!
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her next single is 'Fireflies' is it not???

We thought it was but she performed today at the Christmas Lights switch on in London and she introduced Lovebird as her new single. :confused: Maybe they have changed the single.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love both songs so I don't really mind which is the next single. I do believe Lovebird will do better on radio though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Double A-side with "Fireflies" perhaps?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    3mins 58secs in Leona announces it as her new single http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u2TxjM7ieo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double A-side with "Fireflies" perhaps?

That's what I'd appreciate. The same situation as she did with Better In Time/ Footprints In The Sand
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They continue to release the "least likely to be a hit" tracks of of Glassheart.

They need a track that radio will actually play, Lovebirds will flop, its just too sappy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Lovebird is so much better of a single choice than Fireflies tbh. It's reasonably catchy and radio friendly, I'm sure it'll do better than Trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Killer voice.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yayyy I prefure LoveBird to Fireflies
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? I really hope this is true because radio are 1000% more likely to play this then 'Fireflies'. Everyone knows her second single (first even!) should have been Glassheart though
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like every track on Glassheart, so for me, I am not worried which single is 2nd. I absolutely love Fireflies & Fingerprint, stunning tracks, but probably Lovebird is more radio friendly. The Glassheart track is something else, hope this is released in the New Year.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Lovebird' is a hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incase anybody doesn't know, I'd presume that Lovebird is now the official second single instead of Fireflies, considering Maloy (Leona's friend) confirmed this as the next single

I agree, it will do better with airplay than Fireflies. Looking forward to how this goes
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Fireflies I dont really like Lovebird, but I will support Leona.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    God knows why they won't release Glassheart, it would be a great track for Christmas parties and clubs.
    Forum Member
    Fireflies lyric video is still up on Youtube and VEVO, I think a double A side is more likely.
    Forum Member
    God knows why they won't release Glassheart, it would be a great track for Christmas parties and clubs.

Save the best for last I think?
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she has a lasting hit single. The latest one is in freefall.

Such a voice!
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »

The band on the Titanic played great music, but it still sank.
    Forum Member
    I hope she has a lasting hit single. The latest one is in freefall.

Such a voice!

To be honest Syco don't know what to do with her, the latest album was stopped and started at least twice, she probably recorded a ton of songs and we know from the stuff leaked in the Echo era some great songs were recorded then just junked.

Her latest album is just poor, with the exception of Glassheart and Come Alive and the sales show it.

For anyone thinking of going on the X-factor if they can't sustain her career then there's not much chance for anyone else.

The laugh is Clive Davis stuck the knife into Leona suggesting her song writing for Echo wasn't very good, well Echo sold quite well, Glassheart which he appears to have had more influence on is tanking.

I think it's a shame, she's a great talent badly managed and advised by idiots.
  • deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest Syco don't know what to do with her, the latest album was stopped and started at least twice, she probably recorded a ton of songs and we know from the stuff leaked in the Echo era some great songs were recorded then just junked.

Her latest album is just poor, with the exception of Glassheart and Come Alive and the sales show it.

For anyone thinking of going on the X-factor if they can't sustain her career then there's not much chance for anyone else.

The laugh is Clive Davis stuck the knife into Leona suggesting her song writing for Echo wasn't very good, well Echo sold quite well, Glassheart which he appears to have had more influence on is tanking.

I think it's a shame, she's a great talent badly managed and advised by idiots.

I think it is her best album though, they should have had Un Love Me or Lovebird as the lead single both are written by Bonnie McKee who writes Katy Perry songs.

I actually think the up tempo songs have turned people off, I was watching her X Factor performances yesterday and comments on the Over The Rainbow performance are that she should stick to songs like Somewhere Over The Rainbow and not trashy club songs. I would love a Eva Cassidy type album from Leona some day.
    Forum Member
    deedee1962 wrote: »
    I think it is her best album though, they should have had Un Love Me or Lovebird as the lead single both are written by Bonnie McKee who writes Katy Perry songs.

I actually think the up tempo songs have turned people off, I was watching her X Factor performances yesterday and comments on the Over The Rainbow performance are that she should stick to songs like Somewhere Over The Rainbow and not trashy club songs. I would love a Eva Cassidy type album from Leona some day.

Radio support for her ballads is declining and Collide did better than Trouble even with less promotion and all the hassle around the legal stuff.

Forgive Me also did better than Trouble even though it was not well promoted an dropped when they decided to promote Run.

She's only released two uptempo songs and both charted well so I don't buy that argument.

Glassheart would have been a good song for Christmas, would get played at parties and clubs it would get radio play.

Lovebirds simply won't.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

That makes no sense at all from a marketing point of view.

I would have release:

Glassheart
    Come Alive
    Fingerprint
    Sugar

Why are Syco so bad at handling everyone who isn't 1D or Cher Lloyd? :(